2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
I have a few all inclusive packages to sell also. Is this the right place to advertise? And how much is Norm charging? Should I just sell them on ebay with a 99c start price?
I'm charging whatever people are willing to pay for them.

As for the eBay option, I'm not sure there would be much interest on eBay. It's not a very big market for these things.

BTW, nice race Jase... once again proved you are Da Man!

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What does the all inclusive package cost, and what does it include?

Otherwise, Norm/Jason
(assuming your elite level entry is transferable to age cat entry - I'm the first to admit that I have no buisness racing top level at worlds) would either of you consider $350? PM is probably the best contact method - then I can send you my email/phone

Cheers,

Andrew

btothec

Likes Dirt
What does the all inclusive package cost, and what does it include?

Otherwise, Norm/Jason
(assuming your elite level entry is transferable to age cat entry - I'm the first to admit that I have no buisness racing top level at worlds) would either of you consider $350? PM is probably the best contact method - then I can send you my email/phone

Cheers,

Andrew
Off the top of my head all inclusive entry includes:
Race Entry
Marque
Gas Heater and spare bottle for Marque
1* Table
3* Chairs
Solid floor
Electricty

btothec

Likes Dirt
I have a few all inclusive packages to sell also. Is this the right place to advertise? And how much is Norm charging? Should I just sell them on ebay with a 99c start price?
I'll take your entry of your hands Red_Racer as payment for pizza at Kona + interest. :D

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Selling / Purchasing Entry Vouchers

Just to keep everyone fully informed about this ...

Some riders at the Aussie Solo 24Hr Champs at the weekend received an entry voucher to the World Solos as part of their prize. These are just means of paying for an entry - you still have to qualify to enter, or have received a grandfathered entry. There were two levels provided:

Basic Entry - This pays for an entry, and for that you get:
• An allocated empty 3m x 3m site in the World Solo Pit Row. This is the only space allowed for the rider/helpers in the World Solo Pit Row and all sites will have direct frontage onto the course.
• An allocated 5m x 10m camping and parking area between 100m and 400m from the solo pit row.
• A range of World Solo 24Hr Championships Products.
• Access to the World Solo Pit Row battery charging facilities.
• Access to the World Solo Pit Row kitchen (BBQ, microwaves, urn, fridge, some 110V power, tables, chairs).
• Three World Solo Pit Row helper passes – one for the rider and two for their helpers. Note that even if you have more than three helpers, only a maximum of three will be allowed in the Solo Pit Row at any one time.
The "Value" of this entry is $400 for the Elite class or $375 for the age-group or single-speed classes.

The Aussie Male and Female Champions received a full fitout voucher which includes the basic entry (above) plus all the additional options available for hire through the organizer:
• A fitted out 3m x 3m Hoecker Marquee with rectangular table, 3 chairs, power, lights
• Rigid plastic flooring for the marquee
• Gas heating plus spare cylinder
The cost for all of these options has not been set yet but I would expect it to be around $800, which is why those prize vouchers have an "up to $1200" value on them.

The vouchers are transferable, so it is perfectly OK for the winners to sell/exchange them, but that must be done in accordance with the notifications on the voucher, as we have recorded who received them and unless we receive the proper notification that they have been transferred, they will not be honoured.

And - one more reminder - power and gas heating can only be used at the event in Hoecker marquees. If you BYO pop-up to place in your 3x3 space, then you cannot have 240V in it, and you cannot use a gas heater in it.

Last edited:

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just to keep everyone fully informed about this ...
you cannot use a gas heater in it.
There was some concern about not being able to use your own heater.
This is a federal fire law as far as I have been told.
Not a money making scheme by the organizers, as some people have been talking about.

I wasn't at the MONT last week so I don't know if this law was actually enforced.

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt
The cost for all of these options has not been set yet but I would expect it to be around $800, which is why those prize vouchers have an "up to $1200" value on them.

Any idea when we will know for sure, and when they will go on sale?

At about 5am on Sunday morning my pit crew decided that heating would be a good idea, and I am thinking that the happier the pit crew, the better they will look after me....

Last edited:

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I wasn't at the MONT last week so I don't know if this law was actually enforced.
There were no heaters that I saw, but it was quite a warm night so not much call for them.

With the optional bits mentioned above - is it likely that they will sell out so it becomes a "first in" scenario, or are there plenty to go around?

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
There were no heaters that I saw, but it was quite a warm night so not much call for them.
You also need to remember that Sparrow and Stromlo have different land managers, in terms of enforcing rules, and that private tents will be up against Hoecker marquees at the Worlds, but not much at the Mont.
With the optional bits mentioned above - is it likely that they will sell out so it becomes a "first in" scenario, or are there plenty to go around?
Plenty - with the possible exception of the flooring, but I don't think there will be a massive demand for that.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
YES!!! My prediction came true - while the rest of you were warning about drop bears and hoop snakes ans kangawallafoxs I always maintained that wombats were the most dangerous of them all... sweet vindication is mine

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
If you BYO pop-up to place in your 3x3 space, then you cannot have 240V in it, and you cannot use a gas heater in it.
Russ, are you able to advise if this includes gas lanterns, that run of the gas bottles ? which some of uses on the weekend ...

ta

Last edited: