2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

rangie

Likes Dirt
Yes.

Think back to the 2008 hourglass course (Red and Blue laps) plan, which had a total track distance of 28.4 Km and 631 riders on track, for an average track spacing of 45 metres. By way of comparison in terms of on-course congestion, the 2009 Scott 24Hr had an average track spacing of 27 metres.

So - for example - if we target 40 metres average track spacing, and have 400 World Solo Riders plus 2400 riders in Teams (which would make the total the 2nd biggest ever), then the required course length for each course would be 16 Kms (solo) and 24 Kms (teams), for a total of 40 Kms and we can do that at Stromlo.

Our "standard" average rider track spacing we try to not go below is 35 metres, and that would make the above course distances 14 and 21 Km for a total of 35 Kms. Now, I think that 21 Km is too long for the participation-level riders, and that also totals 1000 on track and I don't think we'll get that, but if we do, Stromlo can handle it.

I have attached a graph of the average rider track spacing over the years, so those of you who have done heaps of these races can compare this distance with how congested (or not) you felt the courses to be.
Thats great !

06 & 09 not the best for congestion in recent times, and 40ish sounds a lot better!

matt36415

Likes Dirt
I am guessing that for the worlds, there will be less riders resting and more on the track at any one time - compared to the normal Scott race where at 2am there are a lot less riders circulating

spikenet

Likes Dirt
Its probably been covered, but this thread is getting huge!

Whats the go with the waiting list, I tried to enter today and its sold out. However, nearly all other categories still have openings. when will you let people know they have a spot?

thanks.

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
Waiting List

Its probably been covered, but this thread is getting huge!

Whats the go with the waiting list, I tried to enter today and its sold out. However, nearly all other categories still have openings. when will you let people know they have a spot?

thanks.
All categories are currently sold out (two remaining Australian qualifiers are protected, as are other countries). The screen you see (our system) understands what categories you could be eligible for and shows the others as non applicable. A review will take place likely mid next week.

Cheers,

Stuart

spikenet

Likes Dirt
All categories are currently sold out (two remaining Australian qualifiers are protected, as are other countries). The screen you see (our system) understands what categories you could be eligible for and shows the others as non applicable. A review will take place likely mid next week.

Cheers,

Stuart
Stuart,

thanks, makes sense now.

cheers

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
Kona Dirty Weekend 24 WSC Qualifier

Good luck to everyone participating in this weekends Kona Dirty Weekend Qualifier.

Cheers,

Stuart

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt

Cheers,

Stuart
Well Im on the waiting list for a spot. I plan on heading up to the Merida just in case....

I wonder how many other people are on the waiting list?

btothec

Likes Dirt
I thought you would have qualified by now Red_Racer.
I'm guessing he has but like me he has left actually signing up through WCS a little late like I have. So yes I'm in the same boat as red racer but don't have the option of going up to Merida so hopefully more spots are opened up!

QZ13

Likes Dirt
Well Im on the waiting list for a spot. I wonder how many other people are on the waiting list?
I'm guessing he has but like me he has left actually signing up through WCS a little late like I have. So yes I'm in the same boat as red racer but don't have the option of going up to Merida so hopefully more spots are opened up!
I'm paddling in that stream. I wish my boat was as fast as GREEN_LANTERNs, I mean RED_RACER.

Russ/Stu,
Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that with more customers, the trail would be lengthened to accommodate the numbers. Will this still happen or will GREEN_LANTERN, btothec and I go and rock the SS Worlds over in UnZud? Or has Norm got his wish for a 19.3 minute lap?

I would like to come and play but it would be nice to know early if I end up drunk in Canberra or Rotorua.

rangie

Likes Dirt
Well Im on the waiting list for a spot. I plan on heading up to the Merida just in case....

I wonder how many other people are on the waiting list?
Assume you would have one of the guranteed spots. In any event, their people should speak to your people and arrange suitable remuneration for you to show up. You could always re-route your flight from the merida to the scott instead. Ensure you also have accomodation for after the scott to recharge/celebrate/whatever prior to heading back :)

One would assume, a lot of folks would come down to canberra to see the mr/mrs the red_racer show. I know I certainly would like to be there if possible !

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
One would assume, a lot of folks would come down to canberra to see the mr/mrs the red_racer show. I know I certainly would like to be there if possible !
I'd come down to see the Green_Latern, but Red_Racer... meh.

QZ13 said:
;Will this still happen or will GREEN_LANTERN, btothec and I go and rock the SS Worlds over in UnZud? Or has Norm got his wish for a 19.3 minute lap?
13 come to Rotovegas, the beer is better and the custard is unbelievable.

btothec

Likes Dirt
Lottery

Well it looks like us ones that have missed out on an entry spot and don't want to or can't get to another event get to play the lottery now.

Just got an email from Stuart. The waiting list is supposedly getting bigger by the day and to even the playing field it the waiting list is going to be scrapped and a lottery system put in place instead. Entry to the lottery is open till Wednesday 12th May and costs $25 to enter. That $25 comes off your entry fee if you win a spot or isn't returned if you don't. Attached is a copy of the document explaining everything

Ben

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/511/letterreauslotteryfinal.jpg

Last edited:

tegski

Likes Dirt
From my reading of the letter it looks like the $25 is returned if you get a spot (comes off your entry fee) BUT is NOT refunded if you don't get a spot.
Not a bad revenue raiser for the event...I'm hoping some of the money flows back to CORC.

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately if you don't get a spot, $25 is not returned ...
Can he really charge $25 for a lottery. How do we know there is no bias. If you are charging money for a lottery would you then need a representative of the Auditor-General’s Department to supervise the draw as it is an Australian event?

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Can he really charge $25 for a lottery. How do we know there is no bias. If you are charging money for a lottery would you then need a representative of the Auditor-General’s Department to supervise the draw as it is an Australian event?
That would depend if it is considered the lottery is being run from here or from O/S

If run from here then would require a raffles and bingo permit.

Much like online gambling, if based O/S not much you can do

Roland