2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Beechie

Banned
Dead

It is about time that the world 24 hour championship was run by an organisation and who had the ability to continue to improve the event in 2011. (by the lack of action to date maybe just the ability to run the event?) Clearly, by the inactivity, the current (?) world championship is stalled. No communication, unanswered emails, no updated website and so on are not good indicators of the health of this event.
It is tragic that Australia and CORC staged the best ever 24 hour solo event to have a zilch follow up in 2011.
I am more than happy to donate to an organisation that can and will stage a world 24 hour championship in 2011.
Australian mountain bikers need to get organised and enable this event to happen. What club or private promoter or organisation can step up and provide 24 hour mountain bikers a world championship event in 2011 and beyond?

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is about time that the world 24 hour championship was run by an organisation and who had the ability to continue to improve the event in 2011. (by the lack of action to date maybe just the ability to run the event?) Clearly, by the inactivity, the current (?) world championship is stalled. No communication, unanswered emails, no updated website and so on are not good indicators of the health of this event.
It is tragic that Australia and CORC staged the best ever 24 hour solo event to have a zilch follow up in 2011.
I am more than happy to donate to an organisation that can and will stage a world 24 hour championship in 2011.
Australian mountain bikers need to get organised and enable this event to happen. What club or private promoter or organisation can step up and provide 24 hour mountain bikers a world championship event in 2011 and beyond?
Actually you are wrong. The fact we have heard nothing is a GOOD thing!

Think about it... they'll get to late July/ early August - panic because nothing is organised - and then they'll have no choice but to award it to CORC again because nobody else has a fraction of the infrastructure required in place - except CORC because they have a large portion of it sitting there year round!

Beechie

Banned
good thinking

Australia, That is either good thinking or maybe dreamin?
Perhaps try " 2011 world solo championships to be staged in Shanghai, April 10th 2011"
Those without passports and visas (which take a month to get) bad luck.
The result is all podiums are filled with Chinese - proving again their rise in importance in world sporting events,
As an endnote the promoter was seen retiring on the funds he received for allowing the world championship to be held in China.
As with FIFA, Olympics etc $$$$$ talk. Its not about the mountain biker.....

Beechie

Banned
George Bush

Nah not the commies - the blame clearly rests with the westernisation of China - so obviously it is the fault of the USA, (George Bush again-and he is know to be a mountain bike rider!)
Which is in turn closely connected to Canada, which is of course the home of the ............... 24 hours of Adeadevent or some such name.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
All placings from 2010 carry over till next held 2012!

quiggs
This is the best part of all of this falling in a hole, English and Douglas get to be World Champs for a second year without the need to race again, it's a 2 for 1 World Championship Title sell off :) Sweet! :cool:

Beechie

Banned
Not fair.

I was hoping to improve my position this year! Second (last) to a podium. I am concerned that by the time the next event is run Jase and all the fast guys will be old enough to be in my age group. All of the current champs in the over 80 age group!

quiggs

Likes Dirt
This is the best part of all of this falling in a hole, English and Douglas get to be World Champs for a second year without the need to race again, it's a 2 for 1 World Championship Title sell off :) Sweet! :cool:
Don't undersell yourself Jase, your a World Champ also! :)

quiggs

JessD

Likes Dirt
2011 World solo champs

I am not going to defend my title this year if its held in 2011.
the year is moving on, i have work to do, other races to enjoy and life is here right now to be lived.
If its on in 2012 with ample notice for planning - then sure...but not now.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
I am not going to defend my title this year if its held in 2011.
the year is moving on, i have work to do, other races to enjoy and life is here right now to be lived.
If its on in 2012 with ample notice for planning - then sure...but not now.
Well said Jess...! totally understandable and surely you wouldnt be the only one with those thoughts....!

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
obviously it is becoming difficult for those who live in the real world to make it to WSC2011

Fortunately, I am a University student who has no committments in life whatsoever - bring on WSC2011 with less than a months notice - its not like I train anyway

perhaps if everybody else is forced to turn up with no training I will actually be in with a shot!

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
From the Canadian Winter... Still

Hello folks,

It's certainly been a while and I must confess I've not been watching this thread for some time.

With today being April Fools Day here in Canada... one is tempted to announce the WSC2011 is scheduled to be hosted in Lybia, but the date is not set.

Just wanted to mention that we are still working on the right situation. Having been in the trenches from day one (1999) I've seen a great deal. I have learned a great deal taking the WSC outside of North America for the first time and those lessens should not be wasted. It's definitely late in the game for many... so we have some decisions to make very very soon.

Noticed a few postings regarding the WSC clothing... love the Aussie colours. A few people mentioned contacting us and not hearing back. While the office was closed for some period, I believe I've emailed each and every person regarding questions. Everything has been resolved with one exception (lost in the mail kit... which we have started the tracking, but had to wait the required time from the postal service).

trust that you have all enjoyed a great summer season of riding and hope to have good news soon.

take care,

Stuart

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hello folks,

It's certainly been a while and I must confess I've not been watching this thread for some time.

With today being April Fools Day here in Canada... one is tempted to announce the WSC2011 is scheduled to be hosted in Lybia, but the date is not set.

Just wanted to mention that we are still working on the right situation. Having been in the trenches from day one (1999) I've seen a great deal. I have learned a great deal taking the WSC outside of North America for the first time and those lessens should not be wasted. It's definitely late in the game for many... so we have some decisions to make very very soon.

Noticed a few postings regarding the WSC clothing... love the Aussie colours. A few people mentioned contacting us and not hearing back. While the office was closed for some period, I believe I've emailed each and every person regarding questions. Everything has been resolved with one exception (lost in the mail kit... which we have started the tracking, but had to wait the required time from the postal service).

trust that you have all enjoyed a great summer season of riding and hope to have good news soon.

take care,

Stuart
Dear Stuart,

Firstly, thank you for resolving my kit issue.:D

Secondly, remember, (if Europe/UK gets too hard), the Scott runs every year *hint hint*:D

Thirdly, 23/24 July is a great date for a European event - it fits in perfectly with Australian University holiday dates:D

Cheers,

Andrew

Cheers

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
I shouldn't read stuff like that though, makes me want to enter more races.
You know, there's a lot of talk about a bunch of Aussies going and doing 2012 US 24h Nationals in the absence of the Adrenaline Worlds. Apparently that race is a pretty big deal over there!