2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Some Answers after Checking up with Canada

Is there likely to be a solo category for the 'Scott' part of the 24 hour for riders that haven't qualified?
There will be no non-worlds solo category in 2010. The World Champs is for Solos only, and the Scott is for Teams only.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you're allowed 4 in your pit for the world 24hr?
Number of World Solo Pit Row Passes. The World Solo Pit Row area is available only to solo riders, helpers, staff and accredited media. Each Solo rider will get one pit pass for themselves, plus two passes for their helpers. So, when the solo rider is racing, their pass can be used by a third person in the pit row helping area. Remember, the Solo Pit row is an actual part of the course, not an area where you pull off the course, so people in there need to be controlled to ensure fair racing.

So, you could have 20 helpers for the weekend, but only a max of three at a time would be allowed in the World Solo Pit Row.

This solo pit row layout will be done at Easter in the Australian Solo 24Hr Championships this year so Aussies who have not been to North America for one of these races can experience it before the World Champs.

If you're allowed a microwave - take one!
You can't have a microwave in your 3x3 World Solo Pit area because, while you can get power if you have a hired Hoecker marquee, it is not of sufficient capacity to power a high current item like a microwave. Remember, we're not talking just about your microwave - we could be talking hundreds of them.

There will be a World Solo Pit Row kitchen down in the pit row, which will have microwaves, fridge, BBQ, Industrial Urn and some tables and chairs.

Also a whiteboard or printed excel sheet with space to put lap times/actual time in,out/food eaten/drugs(tylenol, panadol, ibuprofen etc)taken/bottles/light batteries is great.
Great idea - just don't write this info on the white sides of your Hoecker marquees in permanent marker - yes. it has been done :mad:

Last edited:

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Latest Entry Numbers

185 riders, split up as follows:

45 Elite
12 Single Speed
5 U25
1 25-29
24 30-34
32 35-39
33 40-44
18 45-49
9 50-54
1 55-59
4 60+

akashra

Eats Squid
Any chance of a rough breakdown by country? (Even if it's as accurate as 'Australia: Lots. USA: Not lots. Republic of Congo: 2. Democratic Republic of Congo: 1')

Last edited:

courts

Likes Bikes
Apologies if this question has already been asked, but how many spots are there? Is there a cut-off number? Cheers

.stu.

Likes Dirt
From post #318 in this thread, solo use the red lap and teams use the blue lap, red and blue as used at the Scott24 in '07/'08. From memory, the red went up over the hill.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Entries for Sale - World 24 hour solo Champs

I have two entries to sell. Obviously you need to have already qualified first.

Entries as below.

1. Standard Entry, includes basic entry fee (max value $400)
2. Deluxe "with the lot" entry. This includes Marquee, heater, flooring, tables, chairs, power and lights (max value $1200)

Will consider all reasonable offers, and you should be able to save yourself some $$$.

These are for sale on a genuine basis, and is approved by 24HOA organisers, as they are prizes that are not needed.

Please contact me via PM if you are interested.