2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
I just noticed that there has been a change to the rider briefing. It now seems that it will be held at Crown Plaza as advertised as well as Canberra Stadium both 1400 Friday? Maybe I read it wrong.
Just noticed this as well although seems there is only one briefing at the stadium. This is taken from www.corc24hour.com.au "The Solo Rider Brief is now an Canberra Stadium at 1400 Friday. You need to be there and seated in the Mal Meninga Stand by 1400. Park in carpark 3."

Seems that almost everyday there is a change uncovered. At least there's not long to go now so surely there can't be many more....

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just noticed that there has been a change to the rider briefing. It now seems that it will be held at Crown Plaza as advertised as well as Canberra Stadium both 1400 Friday? Maybe I read it wrong.

yeah there's a lot of changes only a few days out

Preso dinner, unfortunate for people who were after dinner then straight to their room.

Briefing? where is bruce stadium? as I have to tell support to see if they can leave work an hour earlier, wasn't it originally at 3pm?

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
yeah there's a lot of changes only a few days out

Preso dinner, unfortunate for people who were after dinner then straight to their room.

Briefing? where is bruce stadium? as I have to tell support to see if they can leave work an hour earlier, wasn't it originally at 3pm?
Bruce stadium is near the AIS. We're cruising up on the pushies from Dicko if you want to join, 5kms of easy bike path.

As for the preso, mate, it's the ANU Uni bar, you're obliged to order heaps of cheap drinks, throw up all over the place, and then head to other parts of Civic to get even more sloshed.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
As for the preso, mate, it's the ANU Uni bar, you're obliged to order heaps of cheap drinks, throw up all over the place, and then head to other parts of Civic to get even more sloshed.
Sweet :cool: Would it be considered showing off if I then passed out in the gutter?

Cheers
Spoonie

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[Quote:CORC]The Start groups on Saturday will be:
. 1145 Elite Solo Riders
. 1200 Age Group and Single Speed Solo Riders
. 1215 Scott 24Hr Team Riders [/Quote]

Are Age group riders allowed to start a lap at 11:59:59 as per normal?

Does the 'you can stop after 23 hours' kick in for age category riders at 11am?

edit: these may seem like dumb questions, but the initial timetable document made no distinction between the elite and age group start times and only listed one finish time - I just want to make sure... also, we have to line up at 11:15am, what songs are we singing to pass the time, who is bringing the snack foods (cheese and biscuits perhaps)?

edit edit: 30 bucks a head for University bar food, am I missing the extensive drinks package? :p

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For those who are lazy - plus one important addition:eek:

So, as an Age group rider I have to make sure I get in just before 11:45 to bag the extra lap - If I miss it I'll have to go home and tell all my friends and family, well actually I only rode 23 hours 45-59 minutes, and that would be embarrasing!

Date / Time
Activity
Thu 07 Oct 1300-1800
Course open for practice

(no support provided)
Stromlo

Fri 08 Oct 0900-1200
Solo rider registration.

(Photo ID Needed)

(Must be collected by the rider)

(Collect pre-ordered tickets for Sunday night World Solo Presentation Dinner)
Crowne Plaza Hotel

Fri 08 Oct 1100-2100
Course open for practice
Stromlo

Fri 08 Oct 1400-1530
Mandatory Solo Rider Briefing. Must be seated by 1400.
Canberra Stadium Mal Meninga Stand

Sat 09 Oct 0800-1030
Course open for practice
Stromlo

Sat 09 Oct 1115
Solo Riders prepare for callup
Stromlo

Sat 09 Oct 1145
World Solo Elite Male/Female Race Start
Stromlo

Sat 09 Oct 1200
World Solo Age Group and Single Speed Start
Stromlo

Sun 10 Oct 0000
Australia's birthday celebrations begin!
Stromlo

Sun 10 Oct 1045
Solo riders can finish with a valid result.

1145 is last time solo riders can start a lap.
Stromlo

Sun 10 Oct 1330
Last finishing time for a lap to count for Solo Riders
Stromlo

Sun 10 Oct 1400
Elite Male and Female World Champions presented
Stromlo

Sun 10 Oct 1830-2330
Elite and All Solo Category Presentation dinner and ceremony.

Dinner starts 1830

Presentation starts 1930

This is a ticketed event.
ANU Union Bar. Australian National University

Mon 11 Oct 1500
All items clear of Dyna Sys World Solo Pit Row
Stromlo

Mon 11 Oct 1600
All riders clear of the Stromlo Forest Park venue
Stromlo

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
Only 23 hours and 45 minutes riding?

Not sure if I have got this correct:
Solo Elite start 1145am, and can start a final lap at 11:44:59am the next day (ie 24 hours minus 1 second...), but:
Solo Age categories start 1200noon and can start a final lap at 11:44:59am the next day?
Why do Age categories get 15 minutes less than 24 hours?
I assume there is no Le Mans start? Good. :cool:

Last edited:

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
Pit row set up?

Sorry, I've tried to find on the website but my eyes are now square with fatigue... :) When can Solo riders setup their pit areas? Thursday?

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Not sure if I have got this correct:
Solo Elite start 1145am, and can start a final lap at 11:44:59am the next day (ie 24 hours minus 1 second...), but:
Solo Age categories start 1200noon and can start a final lap at 11:44:59am the next day?
Why do Age categories get 15 minutes less than 24 hours?
I assume there is no Le Mans start? Good. :cool:
And the Scott24 Teams are actually competing in the Scott23.5 :( teams start at 12.15 and finish at 11.45, I thought I entered a 24hour race.

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
So you're telling us you are putting 410 riders immediately into single track from the gun? That will be the biggest bottle neck in history won't it?

Surely the first lap will have a long fire road section at the start to break up the field?
Nonono, the Start of the race will be different, each lap thereafter will be out of camp, Fenceline and Holden's Creek. At the race start there will be a bypass of Holden's and ~2km of fire trail.

Cheers!
Mullet

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
And the Scott24 Teams are actually competing in the Scott23.5 :( teams start at 12.15 and finish at 11.45, I thought I entered a 24hour race.
I think the solution that the organisers have come up with makes good sense. It will mean that the solo riders (all of them) don't have too much traffic to deal with on the first lap.

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
24, 23.75 & 23.5 hours

I paid $400 for a 24 hour race, not 23.75 hours. Surely the timing system can handle 3 different finishing times? I am sure modern chip timing systems would be capable of this?

It may sound like nitpicking but time is everything. No comparisons will able to be made between the Solo elites or age category results (I know riders are only allowed in one category). There will be some age category riders who will beat the lower level elites, but the 15 minute difference makes it impossible to compare (extra lap may or may not have been possible etc). I would like to hear the reasoning behind this finishing process.

Good luck to all riders! :)

zed42

Likes Bikes
I paid $400 for a 24 hour race, not 23.75 hours. Surely the timing system can handle 3 different finishing times? I am sure modern chip timing systems would be capable of this?
It may sound like nitpicking but... If you paid $400, then you're racing for 24 hours. The only people racing 23.75 hours are those that entered age categories. Entry to age categories was $375, last time I checked.