2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Also, whats the go with the two vertical rows on the right which kind of look like they are on the other side of a fence, are we outside the carpark on that grass near the trials set up or is my perception of scale wrong? (or am I not even orientated correctly and just completely wrong)
Yes, they are on the other side of a fence, the route to them goes through a fence, and the exit from the world solo pit row also goes through a fence.

But, will those fences stil be there on race day? That is the right question :rolleyes:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, they are on the other side of a fence, the route to them goes through a fence, and the exit from the world solo pit row also goes through a fence.

But, will those fences stil be there on race day? That is the right question :rolleyes:
"That fence is bothersome, make it dissapear"

I like your style Mr Baker

Setting up

My apologies now if this has been asked and answered but can we set up our pit area on the Friday so we are not running around like madmen/women on the Sat?
Cheers, Moony

Bigaus

Squid
Pit Row Kitchen

Are there any rules in relation to the Pit Row Kitchen use? Meaning is it to be used for cooking up food for riders only or will support crew be in there cooking up a feast for themselves?

And what facilities will be available there? Microwave, gas burner??

Thanks

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
WSC - 411 athletes from 15 countries

With only days until the World Solo 24HR MTB Championships' 12th edition athletes are continuing to arrive in Canberra Australia.

16 Athletes in the <25 Age Group
19 Athletes in the 25 - 29 Age Group
47 Athletes in the 30 - 34 Age Group
67 Athletes in the 35 - 39 Age Group
73 Athletes in the 40 - 44 Age Group
31 Athletes in the 45 - 49 Age Group
14 Athletes in the 50 - 54 Age Group
6 Athletes in the 55 - 59 Age Group
5 Athletes in the 60+ Age Group
32 Athletes in the Single Speed
101 Athletes in the Elite Field

Top Countries Represented include:

#1 - Australia
#2 - Great Britain
#3 - New Zealand
#4 - Canada
#5 - USA
#6 - Denmark

Additional information can be found the hosts (CORC) web site http://www.scott24hr.com.au/index.asp?IntCatId=14

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Official Theme Song

So I hear rumours the official theme song has been announced. Having listened to it, I think it sums up the event perfectly!

[video=youtube;wMD7Ezp3gWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMD7Ezp3gWc[/video]

(thanks to wolfie for the tip off)

Cheers
Spoonie

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I hear rumours the official theme song has been announced. Having listened to it, I think it sums up the event perfectly!

Cheers
Spoonie
is it. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club

Cheers
Spoonie
Wouldn't be better just to take it easy on the uppers. :eek:

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
World Solo Rider Profiles

Solo Riders in this weekends event, just letting you know that a short Rider Profile questionnaire was sent out in the last 30 minutes. Please make sure to fill it out as its used for the media and announcers this coming weekend. Plus it will be uploaded to the Rider Profile area with your picture after pick up on Friday at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

Cheers

PS we use Monkey Survey software, easy to use and fast, will take you a few minutes.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Top Countries Represented include:

#1 - Australia
#2 - Great Britain
#3 - New Zealand
#4 - Canada
#5 - USA
#6 - Denmark
We seem a bit over-represented.

Australia_______337
Little Britain
___21
Kiwi Country
_____19
Candadia
__________9
The World
_________9
Denmark
___________3
Switzerland
_______3
Austria
___________2
Germany
___________2
Argentina
_________1
Italy
_____________1
France
____________1
South Africa
______1
Russia
____________1
Sweden
____________1

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Are there any rules in relation to the Pit Row Kitchen use?
Clean up your own mess. apart from some fridge space - it is not where you store food, just prepare and cook it.

... is it to be used for cooking up food for riders only or will support crew be in there cooking up a feast for themselves?
Riders and support crew only. Seems a bit odd to ask a helper to cook something for a rider, but not for themselves. If it gets packed, the camp Mum will restrict it to rider food only.

... what facilities will be available there? Microwave, gas burner??
Fridge, BBQ, Microwave, Tables, Chairs

ambc

Squid
Mt Stromlo Skills Sessions with the World Champ!

Following the fantastic feedback from Saturday's racelines session with Jason English, he's offered to run another session on the World 24hr Solo Course at Mt Stromlo this Thursday.

For anyone competing in this weekend's World 24hr Solo MTB Championships, this is a fantastic opportunity to get some time sessioning the course with Jason. He'll take you through the course and show you how he rides it, give tips and advice on the faster lines where speed and time can be increased.

Given that the majority of the group on Saturday's session were locals who ride Stromlo often, and the feedback from them was that he pointed out quicker lines they'd not even seen before, it's well worth the money to check it out.

Date: Thursday 7 October 2010

Session Time:

2pm to 5pm

Venue: Mt Stromlo MTB Park

Get in quickly because numbers are strictly limited!

Book now

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Ummm....there is no free internet been hooked up??
Was last year at Canmore.
Ahahahaha @ free internets in Australia. May I suggest you go back to Canadia (the land of DSL costing CAN$16 for 50 gig/mo, and 99% of hotels offering free wireless)?

Buy a 3G dongle, coverage for all the providers is fine at Stromlo (at least in the carpark/pavilion area.) Or ask nicely and I'll let you use my 3G Wifi Router a little ..

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Ahahahaha @ free internets in Australia. May I suggest you go back to Canadia (the land of DSL costing CAN$16 for 50 gig/mo, and 99% of hotels offering free wireless)?

Buy a 3G dongle, coverage for all the providers is fine at Stromlo (at least in the carpark/pavilion area.) Or ask nicely and I'll let you use my 3G Wifi Router a little ..
I don't quite understand the internet thing... is there a race on that weekend you all want to follow? Isn't going on a mountain biking weekend holiday a chance to get away from all... this?

- Joel