2011/12 VIC DH Series - Official Thread

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys went and rode the racetrack today for a while with the helmetcam on, wasn't pinning it or anything (i've decided not to crash any more lol:very_drunk:) but should be able to scrape together the bits which were ok... will upload tonight and post here for anyone who wants to watch.
amazing track by the way, massive props to those responsible for the rebuild - this track will be the best one to race this year by FAR! already can't wait.:single_eye:
DONT GET MEE TOO EXCITED :D
Really keen :D

Last edited:

cluster

Likes Dirt
EDIT: here's the video on youtube, came up better than it did on vimeo.
[video=youtube;FKgXgNum_Vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKgXgNum_Vw[/video]

Last edited:

murphnat

Likes Dirt
Just to give you some more info on the Track. Remember to watch in HD for the best quality!

[video=vimeo;32026552]http://vimeo.com/32026552[/video]

Yeah its either going to make you learn the track or make you roll on the floor laughing!

Remember that the WolfPack is here to help you all out at the races so help us out and give the team a like on the official fan page.

http://www.facebook.com/wolfpackdownhillracing

See you all at Mt Beauty

digby69

Likes Bikes
As you can only on line reg for both day's,
& i'm commited to work Sat but want to race Sun! How do I get in before the cap blows out?

Cal your nearly right, Beauty is on par with buller!

Murphnat get involved!!!
I think there doing a pretty good job!!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Murphnat get involved!!!
I think they're doing a pretty good job!!
He is involved, more than you realise. The video of the Nationals track is a prime example.

Murphnat, sick video! I'm sure this thing will take off. Would be great to see one of each round yet to come.

NS Capital Man

Likes Dirt
I very confused as to what I have to do in terms of membership and licences in order to race. I've got a few questions.

Firstly, do I have to be a part of a club to race?

Secondly, if I register online and select non mtba member is the only other thing i need to do is buy a day licence?

Thirdly, does a does a day licence cover the whole weekend?

Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Thirdly, does a does a day licence cover the whole weekend?
An MTBA day license covers you for any event of up to give days in duration, so long as it is the same event.
I believe, however, in the past the VDHS have been charging people either a day license for each day of events, or have been charging more than the mandated $20 for a day license imposed by MTBA. Feel free to let me know if this has changed.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I very confused as to what I have to do in terms of membership and licences in order to race. I've got a few questions.

Firstly, do I have to be a part of a club to race? No

Secondly, if I register online and select non mtba member is the only other thing i need to do is buy a day licence? Yes

Thirdly, does a does a day licence cover the whole weekend? Yes

Any help would be much appreciated

An MTBA day license covers you for any event of up to give days in duration, so long as it is the same event.
I believe, however, in the past the VDHS have been charging people either a day license for each day of events, or have been charging more than the mandated $20 for a day license imposed by MTBA. Feel free to let me know if this has changed.
Akashra, the VDHS has always set it Day License price higher, this is to encourage people to join our clubs and give them better insurance coverage. The VDHS has NEVER charged the day License fee for "Both" days, it has always been for the weekend.

People, you should always have MTBA membership, it covers you for riding any time you're on the bike. While you're at it, get ambulance cover as well.

http://www.vicdhseries.com/category.asp?categoryID=185

Last edited:

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Thanks heaps guys for the great videos - not only do I get to listen to the Gunners, but the concept of live track commentary is pure awesomeness. Kudos.

Spent the day out working on the track today, its looking Mickey Mouse! As usual I try to spice up the finishing area a bit to keep the crowd entertained and the riders on their toes. Lets just say it will be a (h)ucking awesome entry into the village at the bottom! Hope you're all getting pumped for the Beauty round, its gonna be a blast! If the online entries are anything to go by we will have a big turnout for this one, they're coming in thick and fast, don't miss out!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spent the day out working on the track today, its looking Mickey Mouse! As usual I try to spice up the finishing area a bit to keep the crowd entertained and the riders on their toes. Lets just say it will be a (h)ucking awesome entry into the village at the bottom! Hope you're all getting pumped for the Beauty round, its gonna be a blast! If the online entries are anything to go by we will have a big turnout for this one, they're coming in thick and fast, don't miss out!

Oh god, my wheels arent going to be very happy :p

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but if I have already registered for this round and am unable to race (due to an injury incurred after registering), am I able to exchange the entry for another round?