2011/12 VIC DH Series - Official Thread

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went up and rode the track at beauty yesterday.

It's off tap.

One of the best race tracks we've had in years. Can't wait!

3 days to go until online entries close for Round 3 at Mount Beauty. Make sure you're entered before midnight on Wednesday. There are A LOT of entries coming in. Keep in mind that there is an entry cap on this event, I'd seriously recommend that you guarantee your spot with an online entry and don't chance missing out on the day!
The weather forecast is looking AWESOME for the weekend. Get amongst it! Rego link:

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but if I have already registered for this round and am unable to race (due to an injury incurred after registering), am I able to exchange the entry for another round?
Hey mate, apparently you can get a refund on your entry. You can't transfer the registration to another event, however. I'm told that if you go to the event registration page you can reverse your entry and get a refund back onto your credit card. This MUST be done before the entries close on Wednesday, midnight. If you have an dramas you can contact the lads at RegisterNow on 1800 734 669. They'd be more than happy to help! Good luck.

Tackta23

Likes Dirt
Ease up chap, just asking as I'm keen I have tried to enter, but had issues with the credit card, its suppose to be working tomorrow, doubt it will cap out anyway!

Entries are coming in thick and fast mate. You're right in assuming it won't cap out but, to be sure, get your entry locked away online nice and early. The forecast is for a mild weekend, 25 degrees or so and sunny, pretty good chance there will be a sizeable turnout.

General info: There will be an eftpos machine at the rego area for those who aren't cashed up on arrival.

Midnight Wednesday is the deadline.....

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have fun Jack - Mt Beauty is always fun to ride, I rode Big Hill a lot in the late 90s.
that would of been wild,

never owned a gt lts did you? thought your love of gt's might of sprung from there haha. We have one in the shop!

MountainBikeMike

Likes Dirt
If anyone needs a lift up there I'm leaving from caulfield at 430, stopping in elsternwick, probly go through ringwood etc. Just chip in for fuel and I've got a ute so all is good. Me and a mate also have another couple spots at the camping ground to for anyone interested. Keen for a rad weekend! Pm me

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR COMMUTERS FROM THE SOUTH!

The Tour Of Bright road cycle race is being held over the same weekend as the upcoming DH event in Mount Beauty. Please be aware that the road between Bright and Mount Beauty will be CLOSED on Saturday between 9am and 1.30pm.

The best alternative, which will take no extra travel time at all, is to turn left towards Mount Beauty at Ovens (just after Myrtleford) on to the Happy Valley Road. This will come to a T-junction with the Kiewa Valley Highway. Turn right towards Mount Beauty. Easy.

DO NOT attempt to get to Mount Beauty via Bright on Saturday morning. You will only get turned back!

The road will be open as usual on Friday night for those arriving early.

Tell your mates! See you on the weekend!

MountainBikeMike

Likes Dirt
Anyone know the best spots to get a decent good value meal along the way there on friday night? I'm thinking somewhere along the Hume. Cheers

dunndog

Eats Squid
Okay folks, we have officially racked up the most online regos ever for a VDHS round!

The sun is going to be out on the weekend, does this mean that every man, dog and bike will be out on the weekend also?

You've got six hours to get your entry in, don't miss out!

https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=843
Great work! What is that magic record number out of curiosity?
The track is awesome, there will be some spectacular lines and some epic stacks, should be a big weekend. Picked a good one for my first race by the looks of it:clap2: