2011 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Let's hope for a slightly drier 2012.
Have you thought of taking up water skiing? Kayaking?

From Weatherzone: "This won't be the end of the rain. It will redevelop as early as early next week, in the form of isolated showers and thunderstorms. These showers and storms will initially be light but will become heavier mid-week as another low pressure trough moves in from the west."

"It's been a dry month up until now. All the dams will be filling up again with this abrupt change in the weather. It is a sign of things to come with a weak La Nina pattern redeveloping. The La Nina will increase the chances of above average rainfall through over summer," Dutschke said.

jazzyj

Squid
Damn,
Can't make the reschedule (Sisters wedding)

I am aware of the T's&C's that I accepted, but due to the very short timeframe given for this second reschedule, would you consider rolling entry fees into a credit for a 2012 Chocolate Foot race?

Cant hurt to ask.

Josh

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
I can do this date! Ill take a cheap solo ticket if someone can't use theirs :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

abevern

Likes Dirt
Yay! Postponed.

Like everyone else, I was looking forward to the ride.
Not to waste my ride time I spent the 8 hours (and then some) putting together my Lidsdale footage. If you can't ride it - you can at least re-live it.
(Note you can watch it in HD720P on vimeo by clicking the "vimeo" in the lower right corner)
Feedback welcome. Enjoy.
[video=vimeo;32505781]http://vimeo.com/32505781[/video]

A to Z

Squid
..... love it!

Great stuff mate! Some great intro's and camera work.... looks like it's all downhill.... even better!
I'll google Lidisdale and get up there for the next one.

Fi

Chocolate Foot
lift needed for rider!

Hi All

A competitor in this weekend's event is looking for a lift for herself + bike to Awaba. She's based in McMahon's Point in North Sydney, and can travel on either Saturday or Sunday. If you can help, please let us know and we'll put you in touch!

Cheers

Fi

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Awaba Wrap Round 8 1/4

Held at the people’s favourite trail, Awaba, we finally got our chance to ride the flowing lines that this trail is well known for. After a number of rained out attempts through out the year it wasn’t just the crew from Chocolate Foot that had their fingers crossed for some fine weather.

The ride, the racing, went off!

The Chocolate Foot crew once again have brought us a great series, highlights which include, Round 6 at Rydal on the fresh new Lithgow trails, a tacky Round 4 on the superb Wingello trails, but who could forget Round 2 on the hero dirt that is Coondoo.

Full write-up at mcrummy.blogspot.com.

Race/event Video in under production and to follow soon, here.

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Wot he said ^^^ and well worth waiting 9 months to get a window of perfect weather! Thanks to everyone who raced yesterday, we're stoked to hear that the vibe on track was as cool and friendly as everyone was in the village. Massive props to HMBA for a brilliant track and venue to see out the series! Results as ever can be found at www.onlineresults.com.au and keep an eye on www.chocolatefoot.com.au for Dave Bateman's awesome photos which should be up early next week. In the mean time here's a taste of what's to come:

IMG_9535.jpg
NASCAR driver Nicky Bothy

IMG_0087.jpg

Some guy called English... yup he won!

IMG_9690.jpg

HMBA's Tim Butler must have ridden Awaba 6 million times and he still looks completely stoked! It's that good!

IMG_9914.jpg

Kath (the Bik Chik) Bicky storms the chute

mrricho

Likes Bikes
There was a few photographers out there yesterday does anyone know where they could be posted ? cheers

abevern

Likes Dirt
Omg !!

In a word - "Awesome" Seriously - that is a great track. I enjoyed the whole series - but that's my new favorite. It's got a lot rougher than when I first rode it a couple of years ago - but the flow.. omg the flow...:victorious: Now to turn the 8 hours of on bike footage into a punchy 5 minute video...

Last edited:

crummy?

Likes Dirt
In a word - "Awesome" Seriously - that is a great track. I enjoyed the whole series - but that's my new favorite. It's got a lot rougher than when I first rode it a couple of years ago - but the flow.. omg the flow...:victorious: Now to turn the 8 hours of on bike footage into a punchy 5 minute video...

There will be plenty of sweet footage to choose from. Direct link to mine.

Enjoy!

sly_artichoke

Likes Dirt
Excellent work Crummy! The rear facing camera work really reflects the flow of Awaba so well.

Got my 1 second of fame at 51 secs. 14min 59 to go...

abevern

Likes Dirt
There will be plenty of sweet footage to choose from. Direct link to mine.

Enjoy!
Enjoyed that. Nice work integrating all that side-of-the-track footage. If I stopped that often my team mate would kill me!
Don't know how you manage to get it out so quick - I'm thinking late January for mine.. I'll probably spend a week sifting
through footage reliving the whole thing. No bad thing...

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Enjoyment

Enjoyed that. Nice work integrating all that side-of-the-track footage. If I stopped that often my team mate would kill me!
Don't know how you manage to get it out so quick - I'm thinking late January for mine.. I'll probably spend a week sifting
through footage reliving the whole thing. No bad thing...
Ditch the team-mate, come ride solo, the time is your own. ;) You can get as much different footage as you like. A couple of good ideas in this P-Mc Vid of mine.

Dont Chocolate Foot share with Cycling Central (SBS)? I would keep an eye on the box over the next couple of Sundays for another "second of fame" or to re-live the moments.

goryden

Likes Bikes
pics

Some will be on the ChocolateFoot website. Mike Israel posted a metric buttload on the TORC Facebook page.
Metric buttload lol, yeah maybe I went a little overboard, but being unable to ride, this was the next best way to enjoy the race. Thanks to everyone for for saying hi as you whizzed past on the track and for the great feedback on the photos. If anyone wants a hi-res copy of their pic, just PM me with the lo-res version attached
Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Awaba video now up

[video=youtube;xzM_H0TJleg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzM_H0TJleg[/video]

Last edited: