2011 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Round 6 entries close Wednesday night

Just a reminder that entries for Round 6 at Rydal will close at midnight on Wednesday night. That's tomorrow so get crackin'! We're going to have plenty for you do and see (apart from riding...) as Jimmy Jack Wines will be offering tastings, the Body Mechanic Blair Martin will be on hand to sort out your bike related aches and pains, Merida will have a range of demo bikes to try, SRAM race support and City Bike Depot will fix your bike to keep you lappin' and there will of course be great food and Steve the coffee guy! Oh and the weather's lookin' good too so there goes your last excuse...

PS: Rydal rooly rocks!
PPS: We're giving away another Rockshox SID XX fork worth $1200 and a $1500 voucher for the Merida bike of your choice!
PPPS: You're totally out of excuses now....

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Hope everyone enjoyed it, or if you didn't I hope it at least improved your cornering skill

Big cheers for all the CTMBC crew who put in a big effort to get the trail built and prepped and to all those who helps on the day, good to see every one there doing well.

results are online http://www.onlineresults.com.au

Cheers to Joe and Fi for putting on another great event and also to the Rydal Show Committee for providing an awesome venue. (How good is it to have proper flushing loos?)

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Hope everyone enjoyed it, or if you didn't I hope it at least improved your cornering skill

Big cheers for all the CTMBC crew who put in a big effort to get the trail built and prepped and to all those who helps on the day, good to see every one there doing well.

results are online http://www.onlineresults.com.au

Cheers to Joe and Fi for putting on another great event and also to the Rydal Show Committee for providing an awesome venue. (How good is it to have proper flushing loos?)
Loos, showers, running water, natural shade, BBQ, live timing, great atmosphere, great new trail. The best yet?

A few more words at blog.

Relive the trail, via Team Enduro Pulse GoPro here.

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
Loos, showers, running water, natural shade, BBQ, live timing, great atmosphere, great new trail. The best yet?
Think you summed it up! Wasn't sure what to expect, never riding at Lithgow before, but everything about the weekend was awesome!
We have done all but one of the series this year and we will definately be back for the last one. Chocolate Foot do a great job organising these events, and the happy atmosphere around the place proves this.
Even us fat blokes get our own category!!!

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
A big thanks to CTMBC for hosting the 6th rnd of the SMS. As a member of SHCC, I know what goes on behind the scenes to make local clubs work..... you the volunteers who give of themselves with passion. You put a lot of effort in putting a fun track together - well done! In turn pass on our thanks to SF NSW, without whom, you and we would have no tracks to ride upon. It is encouraging to see land managers working together with those of us in the mtb community. Thanks too to the Rydal Showground volunteers who kept us fed and hydrated. (Events like SMS must go to help keeping local rural communities alive as well.) Thanks too to Jo, Fiona and team for providing the promoter enthusiasm, risk and management necessary for putting this series together. Just a short word of encouragement too for those who aren't regualr members of local MTB clubs. If you can afford the time and effort - help make your local club work. If not a member - join up with a local club and become part of making the whole mtb scene bigger and better.

bike182mtb

Likes Dirt
210 max heart rate WOW

hi flynn had a look at your lap on the garmin and WOW HOW HARD WHERE YOU GOING ?????????????????. 210 for a 50yrold plus is great going .hope you are well :clap2:

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Choccy Wrapper & We're on the teev!

Just a heads up that the Choccy Wrapper our event report, plus a number of others are now available on the website, and there's tons of great shots from Dave Bateman, Josh Nicholson, and Stew Hayes for you to check out in the Gallery.

And a reminder that SBS Cycling Central will be showing an event report from last weekend's SRAM Singletrack Mind Series event at Rydal! Tune into SBS1 at 5pm this arvo.

dottyman

Likes Dirt
Awaba team mate

I'm looking for a team mate or to join a team to make the 3rd member for the race at Awaba. Not there to win, just to have fun. My riding buddies have piked it. Can ride pairs or team of 3.
pm me or sms 0414185336

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Awaba nearly full!

Hi All

Just a heads up that there are only a few spots remaining for the Series Finale at Awaba on 27 November. This event, our biggest in 2011, is going to be a great conclusion to the 2011 Series on the fabulously fun and flowy track that is home to the awesome crew at Hunter MTB Association.

Get organised and get entered!

Cheers

Fi

Grant19

Squid
Big boy lap???????

So is the big boy lap going to be used at Awaba on Sunday???? And how is the weather looking and what tyres should I use and what bike should I ride and most importantly what should I where??????

fezi

Likes Dirt
So is the big boy lap going to be used at Awaba on Sunday???? And how is the weather looking and what tyres should I use and what bike should I ride and most importantly what should I where??????
You forgot to ask what pressure you should run in your tyres and where should you park.
most importantly what should I where??????
and not to be fussy but I think that should be wear not where, good to see our education system kicking goals as usual.

You up for passing me long necks and fairy bread for 8 hours? Or should I get your nurse to do it?

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is Awaba getting pelted by rain like we are in Sydney?

edit: google is my friend, according to the weather website its getting hammered and will continue to be hammered until Saturday evening.

Last edited:

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Stone the crows! SRAM Singletrack Mind Series round 8 ¼ postponed again!

Dear All

After having rescheduled this event from April after a somewhat biblical torrent of rain, we tried to appease the weather deity with offers of beer and chocolate feet but alas it would seem to be in vain. The Newcastle region has received over 70mm of rain in the past 4 days and a HUGE dump is expected tomorrow. Sunday of course is expected to be mostly fine and sunny, but that won't help the track, so needless to say we're going to postpone the event AGAIN!

The decision hasn’t been made lightly. We’ve been talking with the Club, other locals, and monitoring three different weather sites, for the past week now. Check out the rainfall for Cooranbong. While the forecast was gradually improving, this morning’s forecast sees the weather focusing most of its energy on Friday with 40-80mm predicted in the region. The access road into Awaba is tricky when wet and currently has a river running across it which will probably mean that most 2WD cars won’t make it in. And needless to say, the dunny truck and other services who were booked to deliver on Friday would have no chance of getting in. The track has several sections that will be currently under water. Even with possible fine weather starting from lunchtime on Saturday, it’s just not gonna dry out. Rider safety & enjoyment are paramount to us, and knowing how much effort and time the Club puts into that track, there’s no way we want to be responsible for any potential damage.

As there's almost 500 of you registered and you're probably all gagging to do the event we're going to reschedule, but as there is only one month of the year left and summer is on its way, our choices for dates to reschedule are kinda limited. We’ve settled on Sunday 18 December which will most likely be difficult for some but great for others, so we sincerely apologise if that that date is going to put your Christmas present buying schedule in to a tailspin, but it's the best we can do with the limited options we have got.

Also if the 500 or so beers we've bought for you sit here over the Xmas period ... well I don't think we could be blamed if most of them 'disappear' so the sooner we get the Series wrapped up the more likely you'll get to taste our specially made Enduro Lager and we won't have to sign up for AA.

The long range rainfall prediction is also looking good for that date (fingers and legs crossed): http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range-forecast/28-day-rain/nsw/hunter

As you'd be aware and was the case with the previous rescheduling, your team or solo entry will be automatically rolled forward to the new date on 18 December and as per the T&C's that you read before you signed up there's no refunds or transfers to future events, but you can transfer your entry to another rider or team. Check out the information on the web to see how to do this. We’ll need to receive all changes by midnight on Wednesday 14 December so please let us know sooner than later.

BUT … given the event had sold out, we may well receive interest from new riders for the new date. So, if you or your team is unable to attend on 18 December, send us an email with the details and we’ll try to fill the spot and transfer the money to you. If you have previously contacted us, then obviously your availability for this new date may be different so please contact usagain so we can be sure that your entry is still available.

So put December 18 in your diary and prepare for the best Xmas party ever, Santa has confirmed he's now racing (sans Reindeer!) as a warm up event for his Christmas marathon, though he is a singlespeeder which is a little sus ... There will also be beer, chocolate, good tunes (no Xmas musak!), a truly ludicrous amount of prizes to give away and of course 8 ¼ hours of Awaba's fine singletrack, the best present a mountain biker could ever have, so start the celebrations early with us on 18 December!

Cheers

Joe & Fi

Chocolate Foot
0457 084 552
www.chocolatefoot.com.au

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G'day Team Chocolate Foot,

Thank you for making the decision to reschedule early enough to allow me to make alternative fun plans for this weekend!

Unfortunately, 18 December is a no go for me, if anybody is looking for a solo entry... (I'll put a post in the proper forum/ or just PM me)

Cheers,

Andrew