2011 world champs Champéry - Switzerland

This might be a dumb question but anyway:

Are the SBS and Freecaster webcasts running off the same camera feeds? So the angles, track coverage etc will be the same? Just wondering 'cos some times Freecaster only covers certain sections of the track, usually towards the bottom. Anyone know? Would hate to pay for Freecaster only to find SBS free coverage is better.

Mr Franky

Likes Bikes
This might be a dumb question but anyway:

Are the SBS and Freecaster webcasts running off the same camera feeds? So the angles, track coverage etc will be the same? Just wondering 'cos some times Freecaster only covers certain sections of the track, usually towards the bottom. Anyone know? Would hate to pay for Freecaster only to find SBS free coverage is better.
Freecaster has Warner commenting, where as SBS has no commentator and very annoying music. For the 4X they were the same cameras. So I don't think that they would have extra just for SBS.

cory123

Likes Dirt
Is freecaster site down? Trying to load the page up to buy the champs but not getitng any luck.

*Edit* All good.

Last edited:

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Freecaster has Warner commenting, where as SBS has no commentator and very annoying music. For the 4X they were the same cameras. So I don't think that they would have extra just for SBS.
was the SBS coverage good? I know you said they were the same angles but was it a smooth feed, jumping, skipping...etc.
I'd like to support freecaster but I just wish that you could just buy for a single event and it be cheaper. Like $5 for the DH, $5 for 4X and $5 for XC.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
does anybody know if freecaster is showing the juniors?

it should start in at 7 our time but the live feed says it does not start till 10 anyone have any confirmation on them showing juniors?

thanks

caddy

Likes Dirt
I'm on Firefox and had a problem watching the 4X yesterday. The player would come up with the "unlock" note on it even though I was logged in and paid up. The solution was to go to www.mtbworldcup.com. and start the stream from there. The player launched without issues.

Last night watching the XC , that problem was gone , I logged in and away it went.

That said , heaps of people were having problems on Saturday morning and a few still report the same problem as you. I don't have a solution but try clearing your cache , cookies , try another browser or as a last resort send them an email .

Hope you get it sorted.
Yeah I get the same error from mtbworldcup.com as well. It's not just a problem with the feeds but all videos on the site (Warner's helmet cam run for eg).
I'm running firefox also, however it appears that if I refresh and retry it enough times in internet explorer (yuk) it eventually gives up and works, however I don't want to be doing this tonight!
I've emailed freecaster hoping for a solution so if anyone else here is having the same issue I will post their response once I get it.
Cheers

Mr Franky

Likes Bikes
was the SBS coverage good? I know you said they were the same angles but was it a smooth feed, jumping, skipping...etc.
I'd like to support freecaster but I just wish that you could just buy for a single event and it be cheaper. Like $5 for the DH, $5 for 4X and $5 for XC.
The feed was smooth, but I don't think that the quality was as good as Freecaster. However on Freecaster, it ran like a dream, unlike the XC last night. Tonight's race will be a factor of everything, there sure as hell will be more people watching this than the other two. I expect it to be choppy.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The feed was smooth, but I don't think that the quality was as good as Freecaster. However on Freecaster, it ran like a dream, unlike the XC last night. Tonight's race will be a factor of everything, there sure as hell will be more people watching this than the other two. I expect it to be choppy.
Might stick to SBS online for this one then.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Valid point.
Even more valid point, get on an XC bike with the seat right up and do a drop like that mid way around a heart rate maxing lap... Then repeat for another 4 laps.
Doing it on a DH bike with lots of travel and slack angles that makes up for rider error = easy. Doing it on a XC bike with race angles when your legs are burning and your arms feel ready to drop off = very difficult

RAC_DH

Likes Dirt
does anybody know if freecaster is showing the juniors?

it should start in at 7 our time but the live feed says it does not start till 10 anyone have any confirmation on them showing juniors?

thanks
Let us know I am also keen on this

some one please put a link to ths sbs coverage

driftking

Wheel size expert
Troy can't podium in elite. Juniors is a separate race altogether. So even if his time was faster than all the elites, he would still only be junior world champ. Next year though...
Haha I know mate.
I said put in a time that would put him on top not will.
To say it another way, see troy put in the fastest time of the day.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone got a direct link to the SBS live feed (or any other sites streaming it)? I want to have all streaming sites saved in to my favorites just in case freecaster has issues.