ACT 2012 Australian 24hr Solo MTB Championships

Rambler

Likes Dirt
I hope that forecasted rain for Canberra stays away in the next couple of weeks. I rode two very different trails on the weekend. A super quick, dry Kowen after everyone had disappeared at the Mont and a soggy Majura. Majura was okay as long as you stayed high on the slopes. The lower slopes were a different story.

flick25

Squid
Howdy,
Just after some Info on the following -
The guide indicates no fires are permitted at the site but can we use a gas burner or MSR stove?
Is there electricity available at the site and can we connect this to our tent site (we have a long extension cord :)
Will there be mechanics on site?
Is there map of the layout of the transition area?

Cheers

Flick

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
The guide indicates no fires are permitted at the site but can we use a gas burner or MSR stove?
Yes you can. This refers to "open"fires. Fires in stoves must be able to be "switched off" and an adult must be present when they are on. So, for example, a gas BBQ is OK but a webber coal BBQ is not.

Is there electricity available at the site and can we connect this to our tent site (we have a long extension cord :)
There is some power available, but it will depend on where you camp. You must camp inside Innabaanya for starters and the best advice is to get there early. This power will be "low consumption 240VAC" - so no big urns, high power microwaves etc.

Will there be mechanics on site?
Yes - Pushy's.

Is there map of the layout of the transition area?
I have attached a map and an aerial photo from previous events for a quick answer. It will be pretty much the same as this, but an updated one will be provided when available.

Innabaanya Aerial Photo.jpg

Innabaanya Campsite Plan.jpg

Last edited:

Rida

Likes Bikes
You've got till April Fool's Day to decide that you want to miss out on the fun and frivolity of Majura.
Do entries really close on April Fool's day? If so, what time?
In previous years later entries (even entries on the day) have been possible.

Le Matelot

Do entries really close on April Fool's day? If so, what time?
In previous years later entries (even entries on the day) have been possible.
10 pm Canberra time on 1 April is when online entries close. Yes you can get a sob story in to CORC by email after that and I'm sure we'll let you in, but we need to close it off in time for things like printing number plates etc.

If you enter after 2 April, then you wont get a personalised plate and the number won't reflect your ranking.

We will have a few spares for people who enter on the day - although it intrigues me how someone can get up on Saturday morning and suddenly decide to go riding solo for 24 hours :)

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
10 pm Canberra time on 1 April is when online entries close. Yes you can get a sob story in to CORC by email after that and I'm sure we'll let you in, but we need to close it off in time for things like printing number plates etc.

If you enter after 2 April, then you wont get a personalised plate and the number won't reflect your ranking.

We will have a few spares for people who enter on the day - although it intrigues me how someone can get up on Saturday morning and suddenly decide to go riding solo for 24 hours :)
I'll see how I feel this Saturday morning :)

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately I'm unlikely to wake up on Saturday morning and be able to ride a bike for 24hrs or so. So will be giving this year a miss and will make a return for 2013.

Quiggs

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
I'll see how I feel this Saturday morning :)
That's had a smile on my face all day - as if RR.
More like "I'll see how I feel on Saturday morning and decide whether to ride for 5 or 8 hours"

As for rider lists.
If you turn up at 12:00am on Saturday the 7th all the riders will be there present and accounted for - RR included - we all race for second :)
But some of us have a dream!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
As for rider lists.
If you turn up at 12:00am on Saturday the 7th all the riders will be there present and accounted for - RR included - we all race for second :)
Hehehe, call me curious but I like reading who is racing before the race :)
*disclaimer - I am not even racing :)

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Entered in SS class again. Should be a great track.

Got myself some sustenance for the event. Padawan assures me that at 8km, I should easily be able to finish my slab of 24 Solos at one can per lap, even if I sustain an ulcer later on.

solo24.jpg

Loading up the mp3 player with French lessons in preparation.

- Joel

Last edited:

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
Got myself some sustenance for the event. Padawan assures me that at 8km, I should easily be able to finish my slab of 24 Solos at one can per lap, even if I sustain an ulcer later on.
Hilarious. I'm hoping the inspiration for this will be there, and will go 1 for 1 with you with a Coopers....

I'm still perplexed as to what happened to that case of Red Bull at this race a couple of years ago as well.

Le Matelot

Entries as of 31 March

Entry list attached:

View attachment Entries_31Mar12.pdf

Now - this looks a bit odd. Only 62 entries so far but in the location survey there were 171 responses and 80% of them said they were going to do the race at Majura. So, by my count, that means there are 74 of you still to enter in the next day or two :02.47-tranquillity:

Last edited:

quiggs

Likes Dirt
That's had a smile on my face all day - as if RR.
More like "I'll see how I feel on Saturday morning and decide whether to ride for 5 or 8 hours"

As for rider lists.
What RR is really saying he will jump on the bike early knocking over some Strava records on the way to Canberra from home and then see how he is feeling