ACT 2012 Australian 24hr Solo MTB Championships

Shaman

Likes Dirt
Seeding

Russ, purely out of interest, how is the seeding conducted please?
Is there an actual algorithm or is it purely a subjective assessment?

Shaman

Likes Dirt
Mate, I'm an engineer, this sort of thing gets me all excited.

Obviously has no impact on the race, just curious is all.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Entry list attached:

View attachment 230515

Only 62 entries so far but in the location survey there were 171 responses and 80% of them said they were going to do the race at Majura. So, by my count, that means there are 74 of you still to enter in the next day or two :02.47-tranquillity:
So I guess I'm one of the pretenders that said they were gunna if it was at Majura. Unfortunately life and s@#t conspires against us sometimes, so I've had to pass. I really did want to come and play as I've always wanted to do this race at this place.........so maybe next year at a different place will have to do.
Good Luck all.

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
The Course

I've added in an extra 1km, it's half climb, half descent :biggrin:

The rankings are made up based on who bribes us the most..... I wish anyway

SSDave

Likes Dirt
I've added in an extra 1km, it's half climb, half descent :biggrin:

Just back from Majura, thank you very much for the extra climb! Not!!

Went to Coles on the way home and brought another 4 boxes of tissues, pretty sure they are gunna be required.

Cycle Technic

Likes Bikes
The climb isn't really a climb. It's 2-3 minutes max. You can say hello to people at the bottom when you're at the top.

Then again, for every nervous interstate rider there are dozens of local riders ready to play mind games by attacking on the first lap. Well, maybe just a few.

Wheezing in anticipation,

Charlie

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Russ,
Call has been made, josie is going to be a DNS in the 6+6. Her back has not improved overnight and shes struggling to stand up straight and move around. Guess there's always 2013! A real Bugger that!

quiggs

Likes Dirt
As predicted Scott Chancellor last minute registration

Could this be the field and track that gives up 500kms for the winning male??

Kris_on_1

Likes Dirt
First Lap KOM

Award goes to Ed McDonald as first to the top of Boy Wonder on lap 1.

Not many people smiling at the summit :)

Shame on me - QOM belongs to Bec Parkes on the singlespeed, followed closely by French superstar Myriam Guillot.

Last edited:

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Hello all... this is the first year in a long time that Jess and I won't be there. Wishing everyone happy lapping and good eating.

Russ, is there a place I can keep updated?