2012 World cup team rumours....(NOW 2013)

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
Scott apparently which i think sucks step backwards in my eyes (im sure ill cop some flack for this)
agree.....

there are some wild rumours on there like

- brendawg to commencal
- athertons to GT
- sam or troy (cant remember which) to trek

also that peaty and bryce are setting up there own team and brenden is heading to santa-cruz

...... so exciting haha

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A pretty good chance I reckon for a top rider to be switching to Mondraker to replace Fabien (Maybe sam or troy???)

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Doubt it. Fabien hasn't been a 'top rider' for half a decade, and Mondraker can't provide the support that either of them would want.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brendog to Scott will be interesting.. guessing we will see a slack low race bike from them within a few years?

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Doubt it. Fabien hasn't been a 'top rider' for half a decade, and Mondraker can't provide the support that either of them would want.
incorrect. he is a top rider. has been for a long time - what do you call not a top rider?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
incorrect. he is a top rider. has been for a long time - what do you call not a top rider?
Well, yes, I guess you could consider anyone on the WC circuit a 'top rider'. Yes he's good (finished around 15th in the series this year?), but I was more referring to riders in the top 8.

These days I class him more with Cedric Gracia than I would with say, Cameron Cole. Certainly capable of holding his own, but not really 'competitive'.

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, yes, I guess you could consider anyone on the WC circuit a 'top rider'. Yes he's good (finished around 15th in the series this year?), but I was more referring to riders in the top 8.

These days I class him more with Cedric Gracia than I would with say, Cameron Cole. Certainly capable of holding his own, but not really 'competitive'.
You're a bit hard on ol' Fabien matty.

Two 4th places in South Africa and La Bresse is pretty competitive for a bloke in his last season with the amount of new crazy fast kids we saw this year.
3 top 10's to CG's 1. He still had the fire.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're a bit hard on ol' Fabien matty.

Two 4th places in South Africa and La Bresse is pretty competitive for a bloke in his last season with the amount of new crazy fast kids we saw this year.
3 top 10's to CG's 1. He still had the fire.
Too right ! Especially considering the downtime he's had from injuries in the last few years

http://www.rootsandrain.com/rider11706/fabien-barel/results/

Going through his results there which go back to 06 , he's been in the top 8 on 19 / 30 occasions. Top 5 at most world champs since he last took the title (05?) Pretty bloody impressive results if you ask me.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking back through Roots and Rain results, he certainly does seem to be getting better results than I give credit for, especially in '09. All I really had sticking in my mind were the ~10th placings of this year and the seemingly never-ending injuries.

In that case, it could be possible for Mondraker to replace him with another rider of similar calibre. I'd be curious as to how much he was getting paid, or supported in general though...

It would be interesting to see if Mondraker could entice Troy. Undoubtedly offer him his own model of bike, and a very pretty penny...but would it be more than Specialized offer? Especially if he's still under contract (not sure if he is?). Personally can't see it happening, but it would be interesting nonetheless.
I can't see Sam leaving Specialized just yet.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Too right ! Especially considering the downtime he's had from injuries in the last few years

http://www.rootsandrain.com/rider11706/fabien-barel/results/

Going through his results there which go back to 06 , he's been in the top 8 on 19 / 30 occasions. Top 5 at most world champs since he last took the title (05?) Pretty bloody impressive results if you ask me.
I nearly spat my coffee on the desk when I ready Matty's post...

Fabien cemented his spot in the upper echelon of DH a long time ago, and maintained (if not bettered) his right to stay there. True Champion till his last elite pedal stroke.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
I nearly spat my coffee on the desk when I ready Matty's post...

Fabien cemented his spot in the upper echelon of DH a long time ago, and maintained (if not bettered) his right to stay there. True Champion till his last elite pedal stroke.
This. An absolute gentleman and all-around nice guy, too.
The results he's had in the last couple of years have been astonishing, too, considering he's had a full knee reconstruction, snapped femur, etc.