VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nail Can Hill

I know I'm interrupting the flow for Blores Hill, i apologise for that. Everyone who hasn't been there, do your best to get there, it's an awesome track and location.

Whilst riding round at Albury a few weeks back, i noticed a GoPro on what seemed like every second corner.
Anyone able to shed any light on what these were for and if we get to laugh at some video footage as a result?

dowey42

Likes Dirt
G'day all,

I hope I'm not jumping in too early with this one, however registration is now open for the Blores Hill 6 hour in July.

Head to http://www.gippslandmtb.com.au and follow the link for some of the details and to register.

More details will be posted here in the not too distant future.
Just a little reminder to head to the club site to enter. You can also get there though the VES website.

Y8sy

Likes Bikes
Volunteers Needed - Blores Hill VES 6 hour - July 27th, 2013

Unless you have been living under a rock, you would know that the past 2 years that Gippsland MTB has hosted the July round of the Victorian Enduro Series at Blores Hill. This has been regarded as one of the most popular events on the VES calendar and the biggest XC event that the club has held.

This resounding success has been and is due to the tireless efforts of the enthusiastic volunteers that continuously put their hands up to lend a helping hand.

Do you or someone you know want to be a part of this resounding success on July 27th?

If you do, or you have a family member or friend that is keen to help out on race day, drop us an email to events@gippslandmtb.com.au

We have a variety of roles that need to be filled ranging from prologue track marshalling (that will only take 10-15 minutes out of your time at the start of the race) through to timing support, track set up and rotating through regular track marshalling positions.

Any help that you can provide will be much appreciated by all involved - many hands make light work.

Also, don't forget the trail maintenance day on Sunday, July 14th - 9am, Tinamba Rd car park. It will conclude with a tour of the course for the event, so come along for a sneak peak with the locals' perspective of the course.

Y8sy

Likes Bikes
Bring your used bike parts to blores

For those of you who have been a part of the previous Gippsland MTB rounds of the VES series, you would be well aware that our local MTB tragic Lenny uses his abilities for good and not evil to create some of the finest MTB trophies going around using pre-loved bike parts.
Lenny's stock pile takes quite a hit around this time of year with all of the trophies needed for the VES categories.
If you have any used bike parts - pretty much anything except old tubes and tyres - in any condition that you are able to part with, bring them along to blores hill (leave them with the crew at the registration area) for Lenny to eventually give them a new lease on life as a prestigious trophy.
I'll get some pics of this years trophies posted here soon.
One man's trash is Lenny's treasure...

Y8sy

Likes Bikes

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Friendly reminder that early rego closes Wednesday night. You can still enter until 8pm Friday night or at Blores till 8pm but there is a $10 extra fee so save the money and enter early. There are no NEW entries on the day of the race, only pre registered riders.

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Last night for early entries. Another $10 late entry after tonight. If you're waiting to see what the weather will be...DON'T! Weather gods smiling on us for another year and forecast is for a sunny 17. :cheer2:

For those staying either night, or if you are looking for a good bite to eat before heading home after race we have some deals for you!!!!
Maffra Secondary are again providing meals in the hall from Friday night till Sunday breakfast.
Menu is
FRIDAY
Pasta carbonara, vegetarian and bolognaise
Garlic bread
Apple crumble
All day Saturday
Egg and bacon sangas
Hamburgers
Veggie burgers
Toasties (cheese, ham, tomato)
Saturday night
Meat and veggie lasagne
Golden syrup dumplings
Sunday breakfast
Egg and bacon rolls
Toasties
All weekend
Soft drink
Chocolate bars
AND they have trained baristas and their own coffee machine!
All money raised from the food is going to the Beloved school for disabled and orphaned children in Vietnam, and the people working the kitchen are going over to work at the school in September. Money raised from the coffee is going towards the running of the Maffra SC hospitality course.

PLUS
Local businesses have offered their support The Commercial Hotel- discounted main meals and free beer, wine or soft drink with every meal. Cafe 3858 (open from 10-3) 10% off total bill. Glenmaggie wines- 10% off all wines and they are open Sunday!

Entries are streaming in and the race will be a corker!

Any questions PM or head to website.

Cheers
Adam

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Milk was a bad idea won't be making it tomorrow. Unfortunately the speedy member of the team has been unwell and is still not feeling bike ready. Have a great day everyone! Its a cracker of a course!!

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Milk was a bad idea won't be making it tomorrow. Unfortunately the speedy member of the team has been unwell and is still not feeling bike ready. Have a great day everyone! Its a cracker of a course!!
There's always time to make it for the 3hr solo????

Just rode track... It's dry and fast. With the rain we have had, and now the sunny weather it's bedded all work in well. Record numbers so looking for a great day.

Rego open now!