VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
I managed to come across a snake in the middle of the track just after the last berm section before the fern gully. It was right in the middle of the track and still not sure if I actually hit it or not, it was first lap and I didn't even know where I was until about the 3rd lap, the first few hours went so fast.

sux2bu

Squid
I managed to come across a snake in the middle of the track just after the last berm section before the fern gully. It was right in the middle of the track and still not sure if I actually hit it or not, it was first lap and I didn't even know where I was until about the 3rd lap, the first few hours went so fast.
Nothing like a snake sighting to set off your garmin heart rate monitor alarm :bolt:

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cramping was a bitch. I can only attribute it to the breaks in a 6hr team ride. I usually ride 3hr solo, and ride up to 6hrs on weekends without ever cramping.
Any suggestions of how to avoid in future 6hr team races? I haven't used gel or sports drinks in the past, is that a starter? Fitness isn't my problem.
Could you possibly have ridden at a higher intensity in a pairs race than you would have ridden if doing it solo? Then intensity fitness may be the problem. Doing your 60km trail ride or 3 hour race is likely a constant effort. The pairs race was more like intervals. Intensity fitness is probably your problem. Recent research is pointing towards cramps being primarily the body being exerted beyond what it is used to while studies on nutrition and hydration get inconsistent results.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Could you possibly have ridden at a higher intensity in a pairs race than you would have ridden if doing it solo? Then intensity fitness may be the problem. Doing your 60km trail ride or 3 hour race is likely a constant effort. The pairs race was more like intervals. Intensity fitness is probably your problem. Recent research is pointing towards cramps being primarily the body being exerted beyond what it is used to while studies on nutrition and hydration get inconsistent results.
Agree. I've found spin classes to help with this. I rarely cramp these days, and if I do it's when I push myself harder than what I've been doing in training. You have to train how you want to race Moorey ;) eating when doing pairs: I just eat small bit every time I'm in transition. Fruit is my fave at the moment. Grapes, bananas, apricots. Fresh dates good too.

moorey

call me Mia
Nothing wrong with Quinn. Btw I loved your weapon on Sunday. Did you build that rig up yourself? G1 or G2?
The chumba? Built up from selection of my favourite affordable trail parts and spares. (G1/G2?... Buh? :noidea:)

moorey

call me Mia
Agree. I've found spin classes to help with this. I rarely cramp these days, and if I do it's when I push myself harder than what I've been doing in training. You have to train how you want to race Moorey ;) eating when doing pairs: I just eat small bit every time I'm in transition. Fruit is my fave at the moment. Grapes, bananas, apricots. Fresh dates good too.
I'll look into this. I felt I rode at a sustainable pace, much like I would have ridden solo. Nutritionally, I was poorly prepared. It gets me through solo rides, but may be lacking for this format.
Cheers 'guys'

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I'll look into this. I felt I rode at a sustainable pace, much like I would have ridden solo. Nutritionally, I was poorly prepared. It gets me through solo rides, but may be lacking for this format.
Cheers 'guys'
Geez Moorey, all this racing, you're gunna need a 29er soon :behindsofa:

AlanT

Likes Dirt
Are the photo's likely to be up anytime soon? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Check the facebook photographs from Buxton Bootcamp - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...073741830.136131749767254&type=1&l=7fe2e3ba50

Then the photographers photos:

Mark Trueman - http://www.flickr.com/photos/96937774@N07/sets/72157638143160235/

James Taylor - http://www.jamestaylorphotographynow.com/p566904924

If anyone else has photographs then please put up any links. Cheers!