VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
staring a new post for a new 2013 series.

Yes, get your CRAZY SOX out - the Crazy6 is back on Saturday March 23rd (ignore any other dates you see - this is the correct date!)
It's the first round of the Victorian Enduro Series and will be held in the Kurrajong area at the You Yangs. There's the usual 6hr version plus a new 3hr race too. Check out the categories and other info on the VES site here

http://www.vicenduroseries.com.au

And if you have the best Crazy SOX you might win a prize too!

www.gmbc.com.au

Oldas

Likes Dirt
Everything looks attractive but Have you have missed the mark for 40+ women. I would have thought if you want more woman in events then offering a 40+ category in the 3 hour would be the logical step. Surely the more professional female riders will do the 6hour with 40+ riders being attracted more to 3hrs.

Please don't take this observation the wrong way but thought I'd mention it. Just talked about it with 2 40+ females so I thought I'd bring it up and hopefully understand the logic behind it.

Thanks

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Last year i don't recall many 40+ female pairs, let alone female pairs? Of course I have been wrong before so happy to be corrected :)

Oldas

Likes Dirt
Hi mate

We were referring mainly to the solo categories. Being one for 40+ females in the 6hr but nothing for 40+ female over 3hrs. If I have read the website incorrectly apologies.

Cheers

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Poo just realized the Mt Beauty 6 hour is the same weekend as the Golden Triangle Epic. :noidea:
Yep, noticed that as well. GTE was one of my favourite races last year, but the fact the 6hr is on a long weekend is leaning me that way at the moment.

red gum

Likes Dirt
This suck,s that the enduro series has put a 6 hour on the the same time as the GTE when Bendgio had there date set at least 8 months ago.This is not the first time this has been done,When Shepparton had a round on it clashed with mitta to mount beaty it killed our event.If a club has an event date booked can other clubs leave that weekend alone.It can only help the sport

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Sucks big time. The GTE was my favorite race last year. I dabbled in a few of the 6 hour enduro series and really enjoyed those. The plan this year was to do the 6 hr series, along with a few other races. I just can't decide which way to go now.

Also I've noticed with the 6 hr series they have bonus points for some rounds and I believe the second round carries this? Is this to take riders away from other races?

I can't see the second round date being changed. Anyway this date also clashes with my local club race......What to do, What to do?

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
This suck,s that the enduro series has put a 6 hour on the the same time as the GTE when Bendgio had there date set at least 8 months ago.This is not the first time this has been done,When Shepparton had a round on it clashed with mitta to mount beaty it killed our event.If a club has an event date booked can other clubs leave that weekend alone.It can only help the sport
I don't see how you could claim that when the Shepparton round only achieve what, 50 entries? If I remember it was one of the worst attended races in recent VES memory.
Clubs need to realise there's only so many events in the year - while I agree with trying to not clash, scheduling your event isn't an entitlement to not have anyone else put another event on that same day.

akashra

Eats Squid
Also I've noticed with the 6 hr series they have bonus points for some rounds and I believe the second round carries this? Is this to take riders away from other races?
I can assure you that this rationale has never once come up ever in any conversation I was privvy to.
It was purely to encourage people to travel to that event which has traditionally had low entries.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I can assure you that this rationale has never once come up ever in any conversation I was privvy to.
It was purely to encourage people to travel to that event which has traditionally had low entries.
Actually I think it is a good idea with the bonus points, adds a bit of flavour to the series.
With the number of races on offer now, you are going to get races that clash. I guess we just need to suck it up and make a decision.

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
Bonus Points are Kool but what's with the price up $5??? Bet the money doesn't go to the prize money for the series....... It's only five bucks but same as albury last season.... Five for the raffle or trail works when the got a grant from the council for it????

Bit harsh when ya win solo for the series and don't even get your entry fee for the series back....

It's only money and I love riding my bike but times are tough and will be picking and choosing what I spend my cash on and which events ill enter...

I would pay up to $100 per round if there was good series cash and trophy/jersey for the winner.. Not that I'm going to win the series but I want bang for my buck, I'm happy that people should be looked after who run each round and series but don't retire on the money we pay...

Good luck to all the clubs running the rounds and I hope heaps of people support each round....
You guys put so much efforts in unrewarded....

And remember its only my opinion.....

See ya on the trails......

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Bonus Points are Kool but what's with the price up $5??? Bet the money doesn't go to the prize money for the series....... It's only five bucks but same as albury last season.... Five for the raffle or trail works when the got a grant from the council for it????

It's only money and I love riding my bike but times are tough and will be picking and choosing what I spend my cash on and which events ill enter...

These rides a relatively cheap, try entering one run by a commercial company, they cost twice as much.

The Crazy 6 entry is $50 for a 6hr race. The Odyssey was $100 for a 50km race, the Wombat is $105 for the 50km race and you have to pay extra for a tshirt. But then there were 770 people at the Odyssey so they must be doing something right. Maybe the clubs aren't charging enough, or is it something to do with insurance and MTBA membership???????

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
These rides a relatively cheap, try entering one run by a commercial company, they cost twice as much.

The Crazy 6 entry is $50 for a 6hr race. The Odyssey was $100 for a 50km race, the Wombat is $105 for the 50km race and you have to pay extra for a tshirt. But then there were 770 people at the Odyssey so they must be doing something right. Maybe the clubs aren't charging enough, or is it something to do with insurance and MTBA membership???????
Totally agree with you there.....

I'd happily pay the money if I knew the money was going to the club and the series winners....

Got to be more to it...

Reckon the odyssey mob should be running the series as you can see by the numbers...
Don't mind paying that cash as you get a t-shirt and GPS chip on ya plate to register ya time and a lot of top class riders..

Not saying the clubs don't do an awesome job but they need more help from mtbv/series runners not just guide lines....

You can't please everyone all the time, people were sooking bout this years event at forrest, we stayed at Apollo bay and it didn't bother us travelling up and back.. The course was just as good as the old one...
It hurt just as much as the old one but the pain was spread out more....

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
The GTE course is RAD! And it's closer to home. Very tough decision. Such a pity :(
Easy decision.
GTE. You really want to do the 100 mile option. Go on, admit it.

I only have time of for 4 enduros this year and only 1 is part of the VES, (not that I was ever going to trouble the leader board anyway).
I attend these races because these are the ones I want to do, not because of the series.

Oh, and Tim. If memory serves me correct the GV Club stepped up to stage the final race of the series that year after no body else wanted it (Melbourne cup weekend). How many series categories were decided on the day?
There may have only been 50ish entrants, but there weren`t too many complaints. Where were you that weekend?

Now that`s off my chest.
Time to get my entry in for the Crazy 6hr.
Cheers
MH

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Crazy Sox

it's the Crazy Sox er..... Six. At the You Yangs. march 23rd

how is the sox knitting / shopping / sewing ...... going?

Remember the best sox win something??? We are not sure what that is yet, but last years best dressed won dollars.

C u at the Youies for s0x err ...sIx hours of Fun or Pain .

GMBC.com.au

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Rnd 1 Crazy Sox 6 hour

Put away your mud tyres, leave granny at home and bring your pedalling legs. The track is smooth, flat and fast. There is no mud or puddles at all. this course will really suit hard tails. But just bring your bike, Ht, full susser, 26 or 29er doesn't matter. Even those stupid cyclocross bikes will rip this course apart. Single speeders may want to consider gearing that is a little taller than usual as there is minimal climbing and nothing steep. I rode the course today and think it's around 11 or 12 km around. There is plenty of road sections for passing and to give you time to eat and drink.

Remember to bring your own drinking water.