2013 #XCM Series

disappearin

Likes Dirt
Any one else filled out the mtba survey? Had so interesting q's about the XCM nationals series being held on the same weekend and venue as the DH, XCO and XCE nationals. Sounds promising...

akashra

Eats Squid
I enquired about it earlier this week and the response I was given is that there is a meeting to discuss it happening today. Therefore, I'll ask for some more info over the weekend, but that's the best I can do.

Jubas

Likes Dirt
I enquired about it earlier this week and the response I was given is that there is a meeting to discuss it happening today. Therefore, I'll ask for some more info over the weekend, but that's the best I can do.
Sounds interesting - any info is always appreciated!

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Very condensed. Looking forward to the release of the first two venues.

Interesting move to combine all disciplines into single rounds. Not sure about it yet, but it could be a good move the more I think about it.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lets the speculating fun begin

Im thinking that the series is likely to stay east coast going by the other venues. I would suggest that Stromlo will get one of these as its one of the only places that can handle the different disciplines. Perhaps Capital Punnishment will get a run or the rocky trail event???
Rd 3 Return of a long departed friend....... Angry Doctor????

So lets say Rd 1 Canberra
Rd 3 Angry Doctor

Will Sydney get a round? Im thinking not maybe Thredbo for round 2

bt100

Likes Dirt
I would rather it spread from March to November like the previous years. 6 marathons over 9 weeks is tough if you went to them all

Motorhead

Likes Bikes
I don't know about the elites but it certainly makes it difficult for the mugs having a go. Personally I like having about a race a month.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Jubas

Likes Dirt
I don't know about the elites but it certainly makes it difficult for the mugs having a go. Personally I like having about a race a month.
I agree to be honest - I also can't see myself travelling to get to one of these (above and beyond Canberra) given other commitments. I can see how they tried to make it more national, but i think it's going to detract from the great atmosphere we had in the last series, made predominantly by the average punters.

Disappointed =/

wsd

Squid
XCM Series Format

I think the organizers are missing the point. Participation is key.

The prior XCM series ensure great participation by a set of well managed events and a calendar where all participants - elite and age categories could realistically attend.

The emphasis on trying to cram all MTB disciplines into common events is difficult, especially if you cram 6 marathon races into 9 weeks.

I understand that they are trying to encourage a bigger atmosphere for the XCO series. But to cram the XCM series into the same schedule window as the XCO series just doesn't make sense.

Maybe pick a couple of the big ones early in the season, and co locate the XCO / XCM round - but not the whole series.

The success of the prior XCM series generated participation and coverage throughout the year.

Maybe its just me, but imagine an XCM series that culminated with the Australian Championships with the largest XCM race on the calendar 2014 Highland Fling - now that would be something.

I know they are trying, but maybe getting some more input from the most important stakeholder group - the participants - would be a good place to start.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt

Im thinking that the series is likely to stay east coast going by the other venues. I would suggest that Stromlo will get one of these as its one of the only places that can handle the different disciplines. Perhaps Capital Punnishment will get a run or the rocky trail event???

Rd 3 Angry Doctor

Long memories? Will people enter the Angry Doc.? remember the situation a few years ago when they didn't cancel the event after the storms so they didn't have to refund .

tprmc78

Likes Dirt
Angry Doctor

Long memories? Will people enter the Angry Doc.? remember the situation a few years ago when they didn't cancel the event after the storms so they didn't have to refund .
The last Angry Doctor was a joke. I loved that course but I doubt that the damage from the tress falling over the track would have been totally repaired. Still waiting to use my discount that was offered for the next race when they cancelled the last one in 2010.

DoubleD

Likes Dirt

Rd 3 Angry Doctor

Surely the only reasonable excuse for not having venues sorted by now is trying to get a round in up at Cairns on the UCI course?