VIC 2014 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 4 / June 15 / July 13 / Aug 3

moorey

call me Mia
We are made of tougher stuff...and too poor to afford anything longer than knee length.
I feel like such a stooge. Yesterday was jeans for genes day. I was shamed into wearing pants for the cause. First time I've worn pants this year, and first time wearing denim for closer to 20 years.
I missed all the hard men fun :pout:

akashra

Eats Squid
It did indeed snow on the trails yesterday at Mt Lofty.

Trail conditions are pretty good. There are sections where it's going to be a little bit slippery because of the moss, rather than mud. During course set-up today we've come across maybe 6-8 puddles maybe 5-10cm deep at most and 1m long that we'll try to get out there and put a mattock in to the side of before the race, but otherwise everything is plenty hard packed. There's probably one that's going to us to bunt around in the morning that's only passed on the prolog. Other than that the ground hasn't been turned up, nor is there a film of water, as that typically requires it to be raining at the time to stick around. All in all, pretty good conditions.

akashra

Eats Squid
A couple of other things:

1. Please don't use Mt Lofty Road to drive to the venue - unless your car has a snorkel. You've been warned. That's the dirt road that shortcuts direct to Summerhill road and we don't want people using as it's not intended for that type of traffic.

2. We've lost a couple of volunteers in the last 24 hours due to Man Flu. If you can fill in, please let us know ASAP.

3. There's no coffee or food being sold on-site. If you need coffee before your race, stop by the Redesdale Service Station, who open at 8am.

4. Gold coin donation for parking which goes to the CFA. They're may also be offering a bike wash at the end for a gold coin donation.

akashra

Eats Squid
Basically, not enough pre-entries. We already had our previous one teed up cancel on us then the two we tried at last minute both basically said "sorry, not worth it for that many people" based on the pre-entries we had and location.

Moral of this story: Pre-enter races FFS.