2015 Specialized Demo Carbon

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
More Status looking than Demo but word is it's a 650Boo. It looks a little......generic?

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just read its moreso just to test out angles, legths and other specs then it is actually a proto

driftking

Wheel size expert
Looks interesting, more so they are choosing to use a standard fox 40.......easy wheel size changes between races with no need for specific parts or geo changes?

would be a massive plus on the marketing end.

Albeit some 26ers can already accommodate 650b but it would be interesting if they could pull a production specific interchangeable frame.

indica

Serial flasher
The only thing the leg is covering is the linkage, shock and cranks/ I was actually referring to the whole bike. On another note the chainstay arrangement is interesting.
Not having a go but I would have thought the linkage was key to seeing if the bike had changed at all?

Interesting attachment / placement of the rear derailleur.

driftking

Wheel size expert
you completely missed my point but ok..

A prototype is any preliminary model where production models will be copied or developed further.

However if they end up completely changing the design and revamping the entire bike than its likely not a prototype but a separate design.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
A prototype is any preliminary model where production models will be copied or developed further.

However if they end up completely changing the design and revamping the entire bike than its likely not a prototype but a separate design.
A prototype is merely a non production test model of something. It doesn't have to make it to production to be a prototype.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
Chainstays look short...
They look short but there is about 50mm from the chain stay pivot to the axle. Having the axle and pivot in different planes does makes them look shorter than they are. Not really sure what they are trying to achieve with the axle elevated like that. Could be a number of things like maintaining chainstay length but making the frame 650b compatable. Let's hope they don't turn the Demo into a 29er.