2016 UCI MTB World Cup Downhill

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Considering it's the WC finals and his overall result wouldn't have been affected, probably wasn't much sense in scrambling to salvage an extra couple of points. He was in touch till his crash though, will be interesting to see how that pans out over the off-season.

Talk of Troy moving on from the big S. I wouldn't have thought that was on the cards... I'll start - YT ? :tape2:
Ratty and Troy to team up on boutique brand.

DH'er_28

Likes Dirt
Talk of Troy moving on from the big S. I wouldn't have thought that was on the cards... I'll start - YT ? :tape2:
I'll throw in a few speculations!

Canyon are reportedly launching a big bucks factory team next year with Fabian Barel as team manager, they'll surely be looking for a top rider... either Troy or Loris Vergier come to mind (even both if they could afford it?).

Looks pretty likely that Luca Shaw will go to the Syndicate, but with Peaty leaving and possibly Ratboy too, perhaps they'll want a 3rd rider as well... will be interesting to see what happens! The Syndicate seem pretty exclusive with picking riders who fit the 'vibe' of the team, so not sure who would make the cut... but at the end of their latest video, Greg Minnaar said something about the 'family growing'

I hope Adam Brayton ends up with a factory ride too, perhaps at Scott with Brendog?

Finally, Devinci might be looking for a rider to join Mark Wallace... Finn Iles already looks set to continue Stevie's legacy, but he seems pretty locked into specialized and is still so young...

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally, Devinci might be looking for a rider to join Mark Wallace... Finn Iles already looks set to continue Stevie's legacy, but he seems pretty locked into specialized and is still so young...
Finn still has one more year left with Gravity Republic, he was signed for 3years (one as a sweep rider as a sub-junior, and then for his two junior years).

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Isn't it so cool to see DH guys do well in the XC events. Like Sam here, as well as Jared Graves winning National XC races the last couple of years, as a training aid.

Clearly the fitness of the top DH guys is extremely good.
It's nuts. Would be good to see a timed run to the top of the DH run on an short travel bike as part of the aggregate timing. It'd sort the chaff from the wheat, and handicap Gwin a bit.....

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Soooooooo, what happened to Gwin? I got the impression he was implying a new obstacle had appeared on the trail?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Soooooooo, what happened to Gwin? I got the impression he was implying a new obstacle had appeared on the trail?
Nah He said he had a slow leaking flat, eventually he just exploded his wheel in a hole/rock...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Nah He said he had a slow leaking flat, eventually he just exploded his wheel in a hole/rock...
Gotcha, I just saw that info too. He looked fucking pissed! I thought he was telling the marshal right off!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Gotcha, I just saw that info too. He looked fucking pissed! I thought he was telling the marshal right off!
Yeah it looked suss at the time, I think mostly because the footage was cut. He was rightly pissed though. Such bad luck at the worlds!