240V inverter to make coffee??

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Yes. KV× 0.8= kw roughly. They reckon aircons are one of the hardest. Depending on brand, start up can be over double.
any electric motor ( eg AC compressor) will draw roughly 6 x FLC (full load current) on start up unless it is being driven by a soft starter and this needs to be factored in when sizing your genset!
some generators will trip not because of overload or stalling but actually trip on earth fault caused by harmonics and transient currents in equipment like inverters and electronic based items..some gens you can bypass the RCD but many of the smaller type easy carry Honda's and the like you cannot!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Caffeine shots ! All the buzz without the acidity and after taste
Pfft, clearly you're a novice. This is on top of the caffeine shots and no doze.... for me as pit crew. You don't want to even know what she takes ;)

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
i have a pod machine in my work ute, runs off a pure sine 3000/6000w inverter.

make sure its pure sine, and they are most efficient at about 80% max load

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
seems like a lot of faffing around just for a hot cup of coffee...why not just an aeropress and food warmer with precooked goodies in it?

binner

Hath shat hymself
............another hot tip from Binner, hot dogs/ cheerios in a thermo flask filled with boiling water for winter post rides. Always a win....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
seems like a lot of faffing around just for a hot cup of coffee...why not just an aeropress and food warmer with precooked goodies in it?
Don't know how aeropresses work, but everything needs to be hot for 30+ hours by the time Mrs Dman is starting to look for it