301 liteville

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Pics or it didn't happen. Litevville's are awesome, such clean bikes. Aluminium is still viable damnit!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Pics or it didn't happen. Litevville's are awesome, such clean bikes. Aluminium is still viable damnit!
Just a bucket of parts at the moment so not a very interesting picture. Parts list is likely to be:

-DVO fork and shock
-Hope Pro2 evo/Nextie carbon wheels
-Thomson dropper
-Shimano XTR/XT 2x10.
-Shimano Zee brakes/XT M785 levers/ Discobrake lines.
-RF Turbine cranks/Hope bb
-Time ATAC peddles.
-RF stem/bar.
-Syntace adjustable angle headset.
-Selle SMP saddle.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

gippyz

Likes Dirt
This thread has been very informative for me. Thanks everyone for contributing! I have just recently bought a 301 mk11 from eightyone spices to replace my carbon trail bike which i find a bit on smaller side.

RS Lyrik 150/180
Fox float ctd (came with frame)
XT 1x10
XTR brakes
BikeYoke dropper
Syntace hub laced to WTB i25 rim 27.5.
Minion DHF 2.3 F, Michelin wild racer 2.2 R
Fizik Gobi saddle.
One up alloy flat pedals.
Ragley 750mm bar + Easton 60mm stem.

I went with medium despite normally riding small bike (I'm about 5 ft 5). Wheelbase is perfect, top tube is also ok. Bike doesn't feel overly big. It actually felt almost same size as my small commencal meta HT.
Bike is so poppy I couldn't believe it. I'm a bit worried with the rear shock keep bottoming out on the trail. I'm only 63kg full kitted, running 180psi and still bottoming out. However, it didn't seem to have the harsh bottom out feel as the old fox float, which was awful on my old bike.

Thinking of upgrading it to either RS monarch debonair (plus or normal) or coil (vivid coil or dhx2). This will mean I have to re-tune the shock, which I'm worried about as I'm not that experienced..:oops:

Attachments

DeBloot

Feeling old
Funny - had exactly the same experience except there's a few extra kilos of me to love :p
Tried everything including taking up religion, but to no avail
Finally upgraded to the monarch deb +
For me it made quite a difference - no more clunky bottom outs and as plush as I expected the bike to be originally

Are we brothers or something
i had an old fox floating turd on a previous bike which I thankfully threw in the shithouse as well

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Can you just put a bigger volume spacer in to make the spring curve a bit more progressive? I've played with them in my EVOL version of the Float, and they make a big difference to end of stroke ramp-up.

The EVOL aircan upgrade would probably help with suppleness too.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Yeah upgrading to evol can is another option. Not sure if it's worth it though as it costs $179 + install labour from cyclinic. I can get RS monarch debonair RT for $230 or $400 with liteville tuning from eightyone spices, and sell the original float.

Might try bigger volume spacer. I have some lying around.

Last edited:

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Funny - had exactly the same experience except there's a few extra kilos of me to love :p
Tried everything including taking up religion, but to no avail
Finally upgraded to the monarch deb +
For me it made quite a difference - no more clunky bottom outs and as plush as I expected the bike to be originally

Are we brothers or something
i had an old fox floating turd on a previous bike which I thankfully threw in the shithouse as well
My old fox was on pivot mach 5.7. Exactly same model but different tuning. I had lots of trouble trying to tune that to suit my kind of riding and trails. I gave up and ended up selling the frame. Glad the person who bought it was specifically looking for one and thought it was an awesome bike that covers all his son's riding.