301 liteville

single-pivot

Likes Dirt

Hey nice in its natural habitat
i can visualize it now manualing through that creek

Good to see looks like its been well appreciated, really like coloured 301 at the moment
thought of getting mine reanodised a colour.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mine is powdercoated and the quality is excellent. One little chip near the rear dropout that could have been from anything, in the workshop or riding.

I do wish I went for the works finish though.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Hey nice in its natural habitat
i can visualize it now manualing through that creek

Good to see looks like its been well appreciated, really like coloured 301 at the moment
thought of getting mine reanodised a colour.
ya, the manual was pretty exciting - I came in pretty hot and the creek turned out to be a bit deeper than expected. My front tyre was buzzing on the surface :)

In my dreamworld an orange anodised eightpins 601 with a matching 301 would be pretty sweet. Like the old turner orange but darker...

single-pivot

Likes Dirt

Yeah nice .
601 great plan i would run as beefy almountain rig and lighten the 301 to xc rig
oh well its only money .one day

DeBloot

Feeling old
Good that this has become a 301 thread in general :yo:

Quick snap from the first ride with the suspension upgrades (650b pike with 26' wheels - debonair rear)
Haven't set it up quite perfect yet but sooo much better than the revo/ ctd combo

It's a few years old (Mk10) and a bit beaten up, but it will be another few years maybe before I upgrade the frame
This is probably a bit more bike than I need (160mm F & R) but I'd rather more for when I need it
At my tender years, confidence when the going gets rough is more important than bike weight and being the first to the top

I like that I can fit my water bottle, throw my keys, phone and multi tool in my little top tube baggy and ride for up to 3 hours without a pack
Only minor mods now - wider bars, black brakes LOL, 11 speed, grips - nothing essential, just as things wear out
I've only been riding around 12 years (started at 41!) and as it is now, it's by far the best bike/ set up I've ever had (RB to thank for many parts and info as well)

Attachments

igoy

Likes Bikes
Good that this has become a 301 thread in general :yo:

Quick snap from the first ride with the suspension upgrades (650b pike with 26' wheels - debonair rear)
Haven't set it up quite perfect yet but sooo much better than the revo/ ctd combo

It's a few years old (Mk10) and a bit beaten up, but it will be another few years maybe before I upgrade the frame
This is probably a bit more bike than I need (160mm F & R) but I'd rather more for when I need it
At my tender years, confidence when the going gets rough is more important than bike weight and being the first to the top

I like that I can fit my water bottle, throw my keys, phone and multi tool in my little top tube baggy and ride for up to 3 hours without a pack
Only minor mods now - wider bars, black brakes LOL, 11 speed, grips - nothing essential, just as things wear out
I've only been riding around 12 years (started at 41!) and as it is now, it's by far the best bike/ set up I've ever had (RB to thank for many parts and info as well)
Sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
ah yeah, I'm the same :) Good to hear the rear shock is an improvement! Right now I can't tell if my suspension (original CTD) is running ragged or my mojo - I suspect the latter...

tunsis

Likes Bikes
Other than the 101 HT, surely the niche of Liteville is that they offer something quite different; beautifully engineered, lightweight alloy frames stripped of all excess.

Thats why I lust after one. They'd lose that if they became just another carbon vendor.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Other than the 101 HT, surely the niche of Liteville is that they offer something quite different; beautifully engineered, lightweight alloy frames stripped of all excess.

Thats why I lust after one. They'd lose that if they became just another carbon vendor.
yah, I feel the same...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

This ^^^

They are the ultimate alloy frame builder.

Ackland

chats d'élevage

single-pivot

Likes Dirt

New derailleur and new all in one wide range cassette, chain installed

Purchased one of those new cheapy cassette all steal bit heavier but i am going to love the durability as iam wearing the alloy big gear ones out super fast.
pics this arvo

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Formula 35's! Initial ride was extremely pleasing - next level grip through corners. And black... although I was tempted to go ultraviolet just for gigs ;)

IMG_20170521_095059890.jpg

For a bit more black, finally finally an EVOL can is on the way. I'm gonna have to get some shiny colourful rims or something to lighten it up!

...and when I rebuild my XF sweeps I'll do a back to back fork test. I know some more about how to tune the sweeps, but I don't think they'll ever really match the 35 for sensitivity and lack of brake dive.

Nearly forgot, I've got a -1.5 degree headset coming too. More soon :)

Last edited:

single-pivot

Likes Dirt

Hey nicly done .
I'm loving my angleset took me awhile to get the new skills to ride bike properly after geo change .
but works well
formula 35 look like super nice fork

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Thanks!

The 35 is next level, I dare say better than the few pikes I've ridden. It really does what it says on the tin, and I need to recalibrate how hard I can drive into corners. To add further cornering beastfullness I just took the vittoria off and stuck a Minion DHF 2.5" maxx grip in there. The non-boost 35 would easily fit a 2.6, but a 2.8 would be asking for trouble ( I had a little play with wheels when I picked the fork up ).

Also a big thanks to eightyonespices for answering a billion questions about bike configurations before I finally settled on 'same same but different'. Only a small budgetary issue prevented this upgrade from being a switch to 29/140f, 27.5/140r.

With the angleset, was the change in seat angle/shift in weight noticeable? I'm *expecting* to be a little further forward on the bike, but might be only a few mm.