A science nerd thread.

Bermshot

Banned
I call troll. Or stoner. Or 15 year old. Or 15 year old stoner troll... But here, have some bait. Scientists spend all their time finding evidence (real, actual evidence as opposed to photoshopped internet pictures) which alters the way we view the world. And then they spend a metric fucktonne of time making sure that the evidence is actual, real evidence. Well, that's how it's supposed to work anyways. I'm trying to finish a PhD right now, and have been involved in publishing a bunch of stuff. Some of it is new, some of it is incremental, all of it changes ever so slightly how our physical world is viewed.

What I really want to know, though - for my future science career - is what is the "network", and how should I spot it? And who are the mundane - are they liberal voters? zombies? And what happens when we "die"? is that the same as actual dying, or is it something special conferred upon nasty, evidence finding scientists by the "network"? Finally, what is the "curriculum" - this seems really important!

Help me out here - I don't necessarily plan a career as a academic, or even an academic - but I've still got science to get published and a thesis to write!
Inform us Zombies of your PhD please. I for one am quite interested. In fact due to the title of the thread why didn't you warn us it was coming? Do we not all have a right to at least try and understand?

Don't play silly buggers Xavo.

Last edited:

Bermshot

Banned
What fucktone of time is that? This time?
image.jpg
Oh god forbid I use Your science!
image.jpg

Thief's, liars and just plain Scumbags. Deal with your dichotomy.
(oh.....was that a watch dropped in the ocean a hundred years ago?)

Last edited:

Bermshot

Banned
That's funny.

Sorry dude.

It is not a watch. Or maybe it is, and more. But how will we know until "science" gets their heads out of their pay cheques.

Last edited:

Fifteen.Hundred

Likes Dirt
I don't get it... What's the deal about this watch?
Sorry to but in. I believe that's the antikythera mechanism. That ain't no watch.

It could be said that after finding this, modern scientists and historians could well have underestimated the true knowledge and ability of the ancient Greeks.

Last edited:

Arete

Likes Dirt
But how will we know until "science" gets their heads out of their pay cheques.
Yes. I totally spent 2 years of my life working on a disease which only affects the poorest part of sub Saharan Africa for the cashmonies. Public/academic scientists are all about the dollar dollar bills y'all. That's why our salaries are so huge, and the pay off is so immediate.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really don't understand what you're trying to say Bermshot?

You're posting photos of random old shit and saying it disputes science?
What is the point you are trying to make by posting photos of the Antikythera mechanism? That the Ancient Greeks were smart?

I seriously have no idea... not playing silly buggers.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
If Bermshot answers, we will all be equal first.
yep, indeed.

Maybe some folks just need to get out more. If we paid more attention to the real world, we wouldn't have internetz trollfeasts about made up shit. We wouldn't need to - reality is already tripped out enough. If you don't think so, add mushrooms... but don't come back reporting the results as science :)

"The Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."
- J. B. S. Haldane, Possible Worlds and Other Papers (1927), p. 286.

Last edited:

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Been a lot of wacky shit on RB lately, I am blaming ice, terrible drug.

Currently wearing a lab coat doing research in a lab... wondering when I am going to be bribed a hole lot of money to forge/falsify some results... maybe that's what the lab manager was doing when he bought me dumplings yesterday.

At least the the suns out and the students are wearing less clothes, I've got that going for me which is nice.

Bermshot

Banned
Fair enough, i'll put the car in reverse. There are many, many findings that dispute the current curriculum on the history of man on this planet. (I apologise for pushing the point without proper explanation as I did.) I'm not bashing Science, my disappointment rather lies with the echelon therein, or a Control factor if you will. Not a scientific control but Science Control.

So what I'm really getting at is how did Science get so infiltrated by not necessarily liars but people willing to give up the true essence of Science - proper and full investigation no matter the cost?

Without argument, i'll present a couple more, this time with a bit more explanation.

This is was what I thought the first time I saw these, and since it's applicable to tonight, here.
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?11458-Were-they-playing-cricket-2-3-Billion-years-ago

stirk

Burner
Fair enough, i'll put the car in reverse. There are many, many findings that dispute the current curriculum on the history of man on this planet. (I apologise for pushing the point without proper explanation as I did.) I'm not bashing Science, my disappointment rather lies with the echelon therein, or a Control factor if you will. Not a scientific control but Science Control.

So what I'm really getting at is how did Science get so infiltrated by not necessarily liars but people willing to give up the true essence of Science - proper and full investigation no matter the cost?

Without argument, i'll present a couple more, this time with a bit more explanation.

This is was what I thought the first time I saw these, and since it's applicable to tonight, here.
http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?11458-Were-they-playing-cricket-2-3-Billion-years-ago
It seems scientists are too busy looking at student skirt to bother proper and full investigation ;)

Seen the old documentary from the 70's I think it was called Chariots of the gods? That contained a few interesting bits of old artifacts which cannot be fully explained and hinted that 'others' were here.
I have a book which contains all the strange unexplained artifacts in the world and it highlights how little we actually know about the past without the written explanations we have now in books.

Where is my tin foil....

There was no ancient alien cricket balls in my book though.

Bermshot

Banned
It seems scientists are too busy looking at student skirt to bother proper and full investigation ;)

Seen the old documentary from the 70's I think it was called Chariots of the gods? That contained a few interesting bits of old artifacts which cannot be fully explained and hinted that 'others' were here.
I have a book which contains all the strange unexplained artifacts in the world and it highlights how little we actually know about the past without the written explanations we have now in books.

Where is my tin foil....

There was no ancient alien cricket balls in my book though.
No one mentioned Alien, it is ruled out that they are meteor brought.

Last edited:

Beej1

The edit history for the Wikipedia page on these Klerksdorp spheres is pretty funny. Quite the to-ing and fro-ing between the believers and the skeptics as to what's added and the tone in which its written.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner
No one mentioned Alien, it is ruled out that they are meteor brought.
Maybe not alien, the cricket balls, but the other artifacts??

I have long thought (without evidence or previous reading of any kind on the matter) that perhaps this planet has been through a few cycles of life, even intelligent life, evolving and becoming largely extinct again while the earth and massive geo forces over time erase most of what was and then the world's life evolves again almost from scratch hence in some parts of the geo structure layers of this world is left evidence of very old things from a previous cycle....

I know there has been ice ages but I'm thinking cycles bigger and longer than the last ice age that which 'reset's the world. Extreme heat then cold for billions of years?

Humans, or other intelligent life hear billions of years ago.