DJ A slopestyle bike on steroids (NS soda fr 1)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Are you hangers breaking from being ridden hard though? or from cartwheeling down the track?
Yeah, I'm not sure riding hard breaks hangers. Not that I'd know since I've never ridden hard, but I'm pretty sure they design the hangers to not break when you successfully negotiate a rock garden or road gap

Closest I ever got was a stick through the spoke that caused a mad skid and bent the hanger, otherwise well over a decade and many thousands of km without a hanger incident.
I'm going to have a hanger incident now aren't I?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, I'm not sure riding hard breaks hangers. Not that I'd know since I've never ridden hard, but I'm pretty sure they design the hangers to not break when you successfully negotiate a rock garden or road gap

Closest I ever got was a stick through the spoke that caused a mad skid and bent the hanger, otherwise well over a decade and many thousands of km without a hanger incident.
I'm going to have a hanger incident now aren't I?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
I’ve bent one, and snapped another that came on a bike, and was clearly already cracked upon inspection, in 25 years of MTB.
I’m also expecting one tomorrow now.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have bent plenty but only broken one I think, each time a stick flicking up into the drivetrain. Son's could break them just thinking about a ride while safely at home in bed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I broke one hucking a set of stairs. The replacement was $90 with a discount (that was not that big)...because (a bit like @Lucaw experienced) the hanger was boutique.

Lucaw

Next in line
Ok, seeing as I am keeping it, I decided to put as many parts on it so when I get a hanger I can get it running as quickly as possible.

Higher rise bars, and thinking of going with zee ten speed. I just hope that the hanger arrives before the dig day at Maydena on the 4th

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...and a longer chain yeah? And...do you really need the mega range cassette? I've got zee 10speed on most of my bikes with 11-36t andfind the shifting crisp and range enough. Admittedly I don't engage in long range climbs, but isn't this your shuttle bike?

Lucaw

Next in line
...and a longer chain yeah? And...do you really need the mega range cassette? I've got zee 10speed on most of my bikes with 11-36t andfind the shifting crisp and range enough. Admittedly I don't engage in long range climbs, but isn't this your shuttle bike?
Yeah, 11-36 that’s what I was running before and what I will run again.

Lucaw

Next in line
ah great, the expected delivery time for the hanger is the 9th of September, so hopefully, it's here before the second Maydena dig day on the 11th :(

moorey

call me Mia
ah great, the expected delivery time for the hanger is the 9th of September, so hopefully, it's here before the second Maydena dig day on the 11th :(
Why can’t you ride Crafty? I raced Nationals at Maydena on 140mm Five.

Lucaw

Next in line
So, the hanger finally showed up yesterday.

The zee has been installed and the chain is as long as it can be with it not flopping on the hardest gears

(And yes @moorey, i did zip tie the cable down)