About Time! (Fox 180 sc inside)

hucker_boy

weekly chode
ummmm let me ask u a question if marzzochii was so shit then why do a lot of people have them seriously who wants a bad fork? they are so stiff and strong and seem to last forever i have 05 888s and had 06 super ts and 07 66s and not a single problem with any of them and i never got them serviced but still worked beautifully. and manitou travis's must be good as i have only heard 2 bad things bout them appart from the fact they are mechanically needing forks they still must work perfectly

aidz44

Likes Dirt
anyone else got any input to this topic
I originally asked because i thought there was a definite answer. If we are just speculation here then i would have to go with longer lowers to fit a larger (possibly more efficient) internal. A side effect of this would be to allow slightly longer stanchion for a stiffer fork at the very begging of its travel.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my take on it.

I had no idea that it would be such a contentious issue with leaving out Marz and Manitou from the RS, Fox and BOS crowd. I just wouldn't rate their offerings in this field as high as this new fork. personal ideology, no need to flame.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had no idea that it would be such a contentious issue with leaving out Marz and Manitou from the RS, Fox and BOS crowd.[/COLOR]
For the record 66RC2X and 66SL are both awesome. Performance wise I'd put them as higher than your average Fox, they are just heavier. The only fork I have ridden that was smoother off the top than my 66s (never serviced) was a set of Boxxer Teams that had just been overhauled.

I just wouldn't rate their offerings in this field as high as this new fork. personal ideology, no need to flame.
Food for thought, how is it possible to rate a new fork?

I'm not flaming.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new (from FOX) below axle tube design increases stiffness throughout the chassis and provides a lower A to C distance, giving much better steering precision for a longer travel fork.

Speculation on that feature over...

All other details will be released at/after Sea Otter in April! Stay tuned ;)!

floody

Wheel size expert
ummmm let me ask u a question if marzzochii was so shit then why do a lot of people have them seriously who wants a bad fork?
Because they come OEM on heaps of bikes to cut costs, and because kids and gnar huckriders don't know the difference.

I'm going off ride experiences, and workshop observations. The main forks with terminal damper issues we see are Marzocchi and Manitou; admittedly not the agricultural '06 and earlier Marzocchis very often because they are built like Russian tractors. Rockshox and Fox rarely appear except for servicing or, generally in the case of Fox, badly worn stanchions from neglect.

Leading axle lower tubes allow longer stanchions and more overlap increasing stiffness.
Find a mainstream MX fork from the last 30-35 years which isn't.... It works.

aidz44

Likes Dirt
Admittedly, I'm far from being in a good position to debate this topic. However, the picture from the outside is that Fox and RS still have the edge over Marz and Manitou.
I would be more than happy to test a pair of 66's or the like if i didn't have to pay for it, but until that time ....

big geoff

Likes Dirt
to the fox shox guy that posted the last clarification about axle placement on 40's thank you! I had no idea so many people could be so completely retarded. reading the first 4 pages of this thread made me want to punch a child!

Thanks for a simple, obvious and authoratitive answer and to all those clowns that think manapoo have ever produced a half way descent fork go and bloody buy one they are in the same league as RST's and sr suntour. I have owned and ridden many pairs of Manapoo forks and just thinking about those experiences makes me angry.