Adjustable Seat Posts

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is also an x-hilo and a gravity dropper that fits 27.2. I think thats all the options
Both of which get pretty horrid reviews but to their credit have been around for a while and were i guess the first edition of posts..
The new KS seems to be the clear winner if your restrained to a 27.2 size.

aanon

Likes Dirt
Both of which get pretty horrid reviews but to their credit have been around for a while and were i guess the first edition of posts..
The new KS seems to be the clear winner if your restrained to a 27.2 size.
I have used many post's and the gravity dropper turbo i am using now is my favourite.
Static cable entry, reliable and easy to service.
Crap reviews?
probably because they don't advertise in the magazines and are not owned by a big player.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked up a KS 272 w/ remote from Al @ Pushie this week for my Commencal Meta4 XC.

Pretty impressed with the action. Nice and smooth, no initial play, nice and solid. And most importantly was the ONLY adjustable post that fits a 27.2mm post size! Saying that if i ever change frames with a bigger size i can just use a shim. So its win/win really.

View attachment 222103
Might sound like an unusual question for an AM thread, but do you reckon you could still fit a seat bag on with that?

Thanks for posting a pic too, that's the first I've been able to find of the post fitted to a bike. I thought the reservoir would be really ugly, but it's not too bad.

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
I'm onto my second gen dropper. This one is a Giant one that came on the new Trance.
Yes I know what you mean about having to sit down to "get it down"... but I've become used to it and it's now second nature to me.

I just can't tell you how much it has changed my riding.

You'll never go back

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Might sound like an unusual question for an AM thread, but do you reckon you could still fit a seat bag on with that?

Thanks for posting a pic too, that's the first I've been able to find of the post fitted to a bike. I thought the reservoir would be really ugly, but it's not too bad.
As long as the bag doesn't need to wrap around the seat post it would be the same and work fine.
Reservoir is only on the 27.2 seat post size. And the only time you see it is when the bike isn't being ridden!!

MRO

Likes Dirt
Giant seat post came standard on my Reign 1 and am loving it. No issues after 4 months and using it a couple of times every ride. Never knew i needed one until i had it.

I'm onto my second gen dropper. This one is a Giant one that came on the new Trance.
Yes I know what you mean about having to sit down to "get it down"... but I've become used to it and it's now second nature to me.

I just can't tell you how much it has changed my riding.

You'll never go back

taquar

Likes Dirt
Looking at picking one up soon, and I like the KS ones, always heard good reviews about them, and they work out of the box because I don't trust myself to do a bleed on them yet, and I happened to see these:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/22...k-Super-Natural-Adjustable-w_Remote-150mm.htm

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/20...mps/Kind-Shock-i950-R-Adjustable-Seatpost.htm

Apart from the extra inch of travel on the former, what the hell is the difference? If it's sweet f/a, then I'll stick with the i950, it's $50 less.

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
Apart from the extra inch of travel on the former, what the hell is the difference? If it's sweet f/a, then I'll stick with the i950, it's $50 less.[/QUOTE]

from bottom of second link:

"PLEASE NOTE: THe i950-R and i900-R are identical except for the i950-R having a zero off-set clamp. "

taquar

Likes Dirt
Apart from the extra inch of travel on the former, what the hell is the difference? If it's sweet f/a, then I'll stick with the i950, it's $50 less.
from bottom of second link:

"PLEASE NOTE: THe i950-R and i900-R are identical except for the i950-R having a zero off-set clamp. "[/QUOTE]

I'm not looking at the 900R, just the 950 and the 6 inch version. I'm guessing it is just an extra inch...

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking at picking one up soon, and I like the KS ones, always heard good reviews about them, and they work out of the box because I don't trust myself to do a bleed on them yet, and I happened to see these:

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/22...k-Super-Natural-Adjustable-w_Remote-150mm.htm

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/20...mps/Kind-Shock-i950-R-Adjustable-Seatpost.htm

By the time you ship that over from the US ($30-$50) you might as well have bought it locally from Pushie and get warranty.. just sayin..
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?228865-Introducing-Pushie

KS Seatpost

Just got my KS seatpost from Pushie last week turned up same day I ordered it couldn't get it any quicker if I had driven there myself and works brilliantly.
Come on guys support the local industry and support the guys out there doing the hard yards to bring in the latest cool stuff.
Same price as over seas without the wait

Cheers Alan

Pushie

Likes Dirt
Heee heeee. Thanks for the plugs fellas, but always better heading to your fav LBS or one of our authorised dealers.

www.cycotic.com.au, Blackman Bicycles (Sydney), Edge Cycle Works (Cairns), Gear Brisbane, Performance Cycle Solutions (TAS), Onya Bike (ACT), Pushys (Albury) also talking to Spider Bikes and Open Road in Vic so hit them up.

If we don't have a dealer that your happy with near you then feel free contact us on pushie (at) live.com.au

taquar
as per my PM.
the i950 & i900 are discontinued models. The Supernatural and Dropzones have upgraded bearings to further reduce side to side slop and enhanced internals to increase reliability. The clamp head on the Supernatural is also machined a little more to save -40g vs Dropzone, about -80g difference between the Supernatural and i950 (I think it might be more as 525g is the 435/150)

Just a bit of advice re the online special, I couldn't see what post length or travel you were getting on the i950. Be worth confirming as there are 4 or 5 lengths and travel options 300/75, 350/100, 385/125, 420/125, 435/150 make sure you know what your min and max insertions are on your rig and total exposed post (at your full extension) you want to make sure your not buying a goolie smasher and have enough insertion to counter the max travel.

Good luck with your purchase.

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know when the reverb stealth comes out and what the cost will be? Cause I'm thinking of running one on my Commencal AM 2 which has internal cabling.

kom123

Likes Bikes
Wellsey I was wondering the same thing about the seat bag and I found a smaller bag which works a treat. I think most of the larger size bags will anchor on seat rails and the seatpost so they don't flap around but I found this smaller one which has an attachment that bolts onto the seat rails only and is pretty stable (and doesn't interfere with anything even when the post is dropped right down):

http://www.topeak.com/products/Bags/wedgepack2_micro

On a side not, I've had my KS Dropzone for a few weeks now through Al @ Pushie and have been very happy with the product and more importantly with the service!

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Im hanging out for the Fox Doss:

They seem to have addressed the issues the other companies are having, so they say.

niki125

Likes Dirt
Im hanging out for the Fox Doss:
They seem to have addressed the issues the other companies are having, so they say.
What issue? The only thing I'd change about my KS is the cable routing going to the bottom and they're addressing this with the LEV. The Fox still has that problem...