Advocating For Legal Trails In Campbelltown NSW

Have you been able to deal with your counsil successfully

• Total voters

mtb_slipknot_fan

Likes Dirt
Yeh we cant build any unnatural obsticals as they believe that the terrain is challenging enough (and probably to minimise ecological disturbance stupid koalas:p nah koalas are kool:cool: ). I guess itl just be illegal jump building i guess:( . But getting a trail thats half decent to ride out here cant be that bad i guess. BTW scuba, what is the email address that your mate sent the email to cause ill send an email to them aswell.

Cheers,

Chris

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
hey scuba, one of the fella's that used to work for bike mason/bicycle world works at the new bicycle superstore in C'town. he might be able to help you track down that missing petition.

mtb_slipknot_fan

Likes Dirt
Yeah hes been working there for a bit. I wish he knew where my money went aswell:( :mad: ohwell i just aint going to shop there. Besides, the shop down the road is better.

chris_mtb

Banned
i no this is grave diggin a bit but has there been any news of council letting the track be built or whats going on scuba

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Gday all,
Sorry about the delay in reposting,
The council replied late last year with a letter which i covered in my last post. Getting back into winter and the cooler part of the year, my enthusiasm is returning to get something going. All the petitions which i had at the bike shops have gone awoll, and will have no chance of recovering them, so we shall start fresh i guess. It seems that at the very start of all council meeteing(at C'town anyway) they ask for any petitions about anything. If we get a few dozen (undestatement hopefully) names, and submit it to the council, along with some letters i am hoping to write, we might get the ball rolling again. One thing in our favour is the addition to the skate park at leumeah. The main reason that they stated for denying the mtb park was for insurance, and because of the danger factor. How a skate park, built EXCLUSIVELY of concrete, is not more dangerous than dirt i do not know.
Speaking of work, I am currently at Toys R Us Ctown in our bike section, and the amount of young kids that are purchasing bikes, especially MTB is going through the roof. Riding is an ever growing sport. Even if the bikes they are buying are Kawasaki Pieces of S*** on special down to $100, they will get a taste of our sport, move on up to a more expensive and higher quality bike, and may have a chance at becoming the next rennie(*cough*cough*)
In my last post, i also quoted a part of an email that was received by my riding mate, that said they would be looking into MTB park in our area in early 07. Considering it is now midish 07, and i havent been able to write anything because of work and school commitments, it is time to act.
If anyone has a chance at getting a couple of names on a petition sheet, drop me a line and i will arrange for a sheet/s to get to you some how. I shall begin writing a letter within the next few days.

Scuba

Last edited:

kemmis

Likes Dirt
Hey i am a mountain biker in the area where is this place you talk about
me and my mates go to leumeah there is bush with some drops (not to big unfortunately) and there are a lot of rock gardens you can get some good riding in but it would be betta if we had a purpose built place to bad its all we got. so if u could tell me where this place is i would like to check it out.

peace out:)