After HSC ride in Wollongong?

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate for you insight. I agree with you 100% u said what i was trying to say but you got to the point quicker. on behalf of myself and my mates we all respect every trail, every land owner and every one involved with the excarpnment, all we want is to be able to continue to ride, thats all we ask for cause we couldnt do with out it. It always hard to please people when there are others ( im not refering to any one inparticular) but the occasional " pric" that wants to wreck it for the others. The best any one can do it to simply "educate" these particualr individuals and simply ask "please dont do that".

But over all this forum has been a great trial discussion how ever, i realy want to organise a large rideing day. So if you are interested please contact me, you can add me on msn if you prefer, matty_l@hotmail.com. Kepp the comments comming. :)

Cheers- Matthew
:)

caddy

Likes Dirt
Wow, this has to be the most civil thread about Wollongong trails in a very long time... lol

What 'Fatman that was' wrote is exactly right from my years of experience riding in Wollongong. Rangers do exist (for anyone implying they don't), but they're not all hardass pricks like they seem to always be depicted. They're just doing their job, so be polite, give them some respect and chances are they're not going to do much about you being there because the tracks are already there, what difference does it make to them if you ride it or not really...?

I know where Sam and Kezza are coming from as well though, because it sucks when we see people who have never lifted a shovel in their life for these trails abusing them and taking them for granted (not just 'non-locals' either...) so their comments are justified as well - no one wants to see these trails closed because of stupidity and disrespect

But meh, I say just get your mates together, get on your bike and RIDE!

Lata

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
hmmmmm
My thread has beeen more of a "ranger" discussion.
Which isent a bad thing lol.... buttttt
As the title states "after hsc ride.. wollongong etc" i would like to go rideing.
Get a grioup together and ride.
Except im am so ticked of atm. my brakes need bleeding (juicy 5)
, so i bought a bleed kit from sydney on october 4th..... and what do you no.. its still not here:mad:. Which isent letting me ride, moral of this complaint is if any one has a bleed kit for juicy 5s which i can use ( i might buy if this doesnt arrive soon). I have the DOT 4 brake fluid i just need the rest of the kit. Would appreciate it if i could get hold of one.
So.... then i can finalise a date for the "alsomo ride".
Cheers fellas :) :)

McPete

Likes Dirt
Sucks about your brakes Matt... is the BigHit still going ok? If not, you're welcome to borrow the Stumpy :p

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
oooo i have some good news..... MY bike is up and running again
FINALLY. There fore i am right to throw in a date.
Due to the rain latley i believe it would be best to have the ride say.. next weekend either sat or sun ( both? lol).
Im not sure of the weather forcast, im hoping it will be "fine" for atleast a hole week before the ride.
To every one who have read this forum or is involved with this forum please give me your notification and opinion about this date, being if it suits you or not eg work, family Commitments etc etc.

woo?
Kind Regards Matthew

Plow King

Little bit.
oooo i have some good news..... MY bike is up and running again
FINALLY. There fore i am right to throw in a date.
Due to the rain latley i believe it would be best to have the ride say.. next weekend either sat or sun ( both? lol).
Im not sure of the weather forcast, im hoping it will be "fine" for atleast a hole week before the ride.
To every one who have read this forum or is involved with this forum please give me your notification and opinion about this date, being if it suits you or not eg work, family Commitments etc etc.

woo?
Kind Regards Matthew
Alright, and what track is this? Will I need a lift via an automoblile? As I lack one, also lack a license.

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey plow king
alsome another rider.
Yer regarding transport, hmm the trails can be accessed on foot.
But its hard and i can be lazy.
I have my licence almost green ps. but my car is a vr6 golf. being a small car with no toebar i can only fit two d8s dismantled in the rear of the golf.
I have a 9 bike trailer which i might be able to get my hands on, regarding some one who has the equipnment to toe a car Being a 4x4 But i have to consult with my dad.My mate have a landcruiser but he is recently about to get an stp0 but he might be able to get his car to help in transport, but regarding his close mate take turns in shuttling people up in the car ( so every one getse qual runs)

Over all every one who is interested and has suitable transport please give me a shout on this forum.

Thanks all
Kind Regards Matthew

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
being next weekend.. i meen the 17th ( sat) and 18th ( sun).
Hope this suits all.
Kind Regards Matthew

Plow King

Little bit.
I can't make it on the 18th cos' im going to the ccomtb presentation day. But I should be able to come on the 17th.

mayo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yepp im gonna be there, what tracks would we be hitting
my dad might be able to give us a hand in shuttling if he isn't doing anything

cheers mayo

greasy reas

Likes Dirt
i say 17th as well because scum have a xc race on sunday 18th. so i can take the duelly out for the sat and hardtail for the sunday.
This friday like the 9th or 7th i dont know if any one is interested im heading out to the superbowl in nowra, check out scum.asn.au for deatils and look at the tracks and locations.
friday the 9th im planning a 1 oclock start if weather permits.
i have my green P,s but only a little dihatsu serion with with a 0.98 litre engine so it dont go very fast but its like a new car,
MY LAST EXAM IS TOMORROW O HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

McPete

Likes Dirt
I should be getting my STP on Friday, but if that falls through, I'd be happy to help shuttling. I'm not sure about towing, as I've never actually towed anything before. We'll see how it rolls :p

greasy reas

Likes Dirt
I should be getting my STP on Friday, but if that falls through, I'd be happy to help shuttling. I'm not sure about towing, as I've never actually towed anything before. We'll see how it rolls :p
dont worry man its not hard a 5 min lesson and you will know the gist of things and how it all works. but that would be cool though.
Dont know about the rest of you guys but i love getting muddy when im doing downhill but it sucks if northshore or logs are wet cause that gives a new meaning to slippery.
It will fine up if we have a posative look and say it will(come on rain piss off this is summer god damn it).

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
keen

Im keen for the Sat 17 morn or the Sun 18 morn....if you can put up with a 42yr old Fart....
I have a Ford Territory with a towbar.....if you have trailer....
WHere are you thinking of riding/shuttling with all this crap weather?

McPete

Likes Dirt
I think a few Brokers to Bally runs are on the cards, maybe a few runs up Keira? Pretty much what you like, I think.

This mud should make things interesting for me... Holy Rollers aren't widely regarded as a good mud tyre, I think.

mayo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think a few Brokers to Bally runs are on the cards, maybe a few runs up Keira? Pretty much what you like, I think.

This mud should make things interesting for me... Holy Rollers aren't widely regarded as a good mud tyre, I think.
hey mate
if you want, i have a 2.5 minion under the house if you wanna use it, itll have a crapload more grip than the holy rollers:p