After HSC ride in Wollongong?

McPete

Likes Dirt
I'll see if I can get them to swap them for something a bit more aggressive when I pick the bike up. I've also been told to get a different saddle, so I think I'll have something completely different to factory spec by the time it rolls out the door :p But thanks mate, I might take you up on that one.

Checking the weather forecasts doesn't bode well, looks like we're in for more on/off showers until Sunday.

It's gonna be really greasy up there.

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all i think i might throw in my opinion on this weekend.
Personally im getting a tad worried about this dam weather, considering keria is mostly clay, when wet is turns into grease lol, BUT hey sliding is maddd fun( just condiering wooden structures) I still believe it would be a bit beter if it were slightly dryer. BUTTTTT AGAIN i want to ride... FARKK lol.. pisss of rain, uve been here long enough. Soooo the set date at the moment is the 17th, Does any one no the next week weather forcast, ( i hope its Sunny ( 45 degrees like all week (except sat)).
Ummm is every one fine with sat condidering weather. Does any one prefer doing ti say the following weekend or even through the following week but then again most people work through the week.
Any way throw us your opinions And we shall work it outttt.:rolleyes:
Kind Regards To all.
:D:D

Plow King

Little bit.
Hey all i think i might throw in my opinion on this weekend.
Personally im getting a tad worried about this dam weather, considering keria is mostly clay, when wet is turns into grease lol, BUT hey sliding is maddd fun( just condiering wooden structures) I still believe it would be a bit beter if it were slightly dryer. BUTTTTT AGAIN i want to ride... FARKK lol.. pisss of rain, uve been here long enough. Soooo the set date at the moment is the 17th, Does any one no the next week weather forcast, ( i hope its Sunny ( 45 degrees like all week (except sat)).
Ummm is every one fine with sat condidering weather. Does any one prefer doing ti say the following weekend or even through the following week but then again most people work through the week.
Any way throw us your opinions And we shall work it outttt.:rolleyes:
Kind Regards To all.
:D:D
I'm heading away for schoolies the week after... YIEEOOOW. But, me n my mates may be keen to do some runs of thirroul, the track (well atleast the berms at the top) never seem to be too damp, so aslong as it doesnt rain until Sunday we will probably be there, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Chris

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Ohhh yerrrrr i totally forgot about schoolies.. Well im not going so that probly why lol

But yer well i say, after heariong this recent news.. isss that the 17th still stands More accurate details will be thrown in on this thread about where to meet, time, whoz going etc etc.
Also regarding the thirroul track that would be fair cool, ive never hit any track out of wollongong... meaning that i reallly reallly want to. Im interested in track say as far up as sdyney and as far down as say.. um shellhabour or even a tad further even nowra. But i have no idear where they are. Also what tracks stand out from the rest from the distance stated.
Plow king i would be interested as well as some of my mates to check out thirroul, how about through nex week or the week after "keria weekend".

Any way, any viewers of this thread please continue to throw in info or what every you would like to say... the more info the easyier job that i have:eek:

cheers to all. Matt

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Yewwww
Mc pete and his Mc stp
= super back flips and barrell rolls

Serious note: Weather is being a reatarded cow, its sunny then its cloudy.. sooo lets just see what happens
Fingers Crossed
Cheers - Matthew

greasy reas

Likes Dirt
well we got a track in the valley but only like 2 mins so not reaally worth it but i have started a new one with the boys.
Nowra dh track about 1hr drive south of nowra to top of track.
MAN THE WEATHER OMG stop plz make it stop im not doing schoolies either saving my money and doing buildin during the week for a friends dad to get money for uni nxt year in wollongong.
come on 17th

McPete

Likes Dirt
I imagine Bally Track will be quite rocky after all this has been through, and the creek quite full of topsoil. Hooray for erosion!

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Ohhh gooooddd choicee.. i would prefer to save the money for bike, car and uni.
Im hopeing to go wollongong uni as well
What are you studying Greasy Reas?
Im hopeing to end up studying exersice science, but is uai doesnt go well then i will do other related courses to bridge into it laterr on. :)
Hey rain.... how about you... get da foot out of herrrree!
17th :):):)

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Update
Weather is turning out to be great in the gong, alot of hot weather.
Um me and my mates went up keria today, haha fairrrrr death but in a good way lol. extremly icey. Best to switch to a good loose tyre, say minions. But hopefully the track will dry up more, all the drops etc etc all are fine i did them today.
But yaaaa its going well.

Cya all on saturday hopefully.
:):)

McPete

Likes Dirt
Minions still clog up real quick smart, but they hold up Ok. Just pick up more speed where you can to flick it off before you hit the technical sections and turns, or you'll end up in a tree.

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all
I think a meeting place is needed.
How about wollongong station. ( centre of town)
Its only about 3km from tracks
This covers people who are catching train.
ALSO
TRANSPORT IS A BIT OF A WORY- REGARDING SHUTTLING. :(:(:(:(:eek::eek:
IS ANY ONE SHUTTLING if so please state it here
Otherwise it might be a bit of rideing involved.

GET back to me ASAP
Kind Regards Matthew:)

McPete

Likes Dirt
Additonally; I'm out I'm afraid, even as a photographer. I'll be heading to Gloucester on Friday, and not back until Monday.

Sorry folks, I'm sad to miss this one!

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Extra Info: if i dont recieve any information regarding train and people arriving it is fair pointless, for my self to wait there.
Regarding people who know where the track is, simply just find your way up there and ride, its not like im running the weeked you can simply ride at your own will.
Bu tfor those who are comming out of the area ( wollongong) and are unaware of the tracks meet at Wollongong train station around 10.
Otherwise if i dont get any notification then i will not be at the traino, i will be simply up at the mountain.
Either add to this thread or:
Email me, or add me on msn through: matty_l@hotmail.com
Or message or ring me on: 0413252921.

Kind regards Matthew
:)

greasy reas

Likes Dirt
so did u guys settle on the 17th this saturday or sunday 18th, well i will meet you at the train station at 10 as im from kangaroo valley and you know the story, im guessing that there is only one station or a particluar one as i will be looking on whereis.com for directions to it as i will be driving, is it the one just up the road from "hang dog" hopfully the weather is good.
cheers

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Yaaaaaa
Its all happening on the 17th bruz cuzzz's
kk cool i will you guys at the traino.
I have no room in my car. So i wont be able to transport people.
If the worst comes to the worst then i will deposit bikes then drive back and pick some of the traino people up.
Sound good?
Any whoo wheather is spankingly hot. I went up to bally today and it was almost completley dry:) well the open areas where like a dust bowl soo im hoping keria is the same. Im heading up tomorrow on foot to check keria out, Plus to have a geez at these knew tracks which look sweeto.
Any who, keep the info comming, this weekend should be fun
Kind Regards Matthew:)

greasy reas

Likes Dirt
Yaaaaaa
kk cool i will you guys at the traino.
I have no room in my car. So i wont be able to transport people.
If the worst comes to the worst then i will deposit bikes then drive back and pick some of the traino people up.
:)
i can take 2 more people in my little beast dependng on quick release or axel forks, if its axel forks i can only take 1 more bike but if it quick release i can take 2 more bikes.
CYA TOMOZ TRAIN STATION AT 10AM

Last edited:

mayo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
alright
ill be there with my mate brownie.. me and him will probably meet yous all at the hairpin around 10:15 or so after a few runs...

cheers mayo

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all regarding the hsc ride thingo this weekend. its all going ahead.
im heading up there at around 10- 10:30.
I hope there is avaliable shuttling regarding say the uni track.
i would like to scap a lift i will chip in for fuel even.
Otherwise i always re walk back up ther other trails.
Any who hope to see you blokes up there.
:):)