All Mountain Tyres

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I wouldn't be upset if I *had* to go back to a Vigilante front Trail Boss rear - I'd choose the tough/high grip Vigilante next time though as I managed to put a hole through the light casing.

madstace

Likes Dirt
So curiosity finally overcame familiarity and I've broken up my DHR2 maxx-terra front/DC rear combo with an Aggressor 2.5 out back. Seated nicely just with a floor pump and has a nice round profile on 35mm ID rims. Only one short ride so far but first impression is it definitely rolls faster, even on dirt. Cornering felt close, although it got me thinking an Aggressor with Minion side knobs would be close to perfect. Need to hit steeper terrain to see how it climbs and brakes.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So curiosity finally overcame familiarity and I've broken up my DHR2 maxx-terra front/DC rear combo with an Aggressor 2.5 out back. Seated nicely just with a floor pump and has a nice round profile on 35mm ID rims. Only one short ride so far but first impression is it definitely rolls faster, even on dirt. Cornering felt close, although it got me thinking an Aggressor with Minion side knobs would be close to perfect. Need to hit steeper terrain to see how it climbs and brakes.
Sounds like you need a Dissector.... ;)

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Did the e13 tyre wrestle today. Bought a set of all terrrain. Control front endurance rear. Front was easy. Popped on, seated and sealed easy. Rims are Spank 350s.

The rear. Holy moly. Battled for nearly an hour bending tyre levers, sweating and cussing it would simply not go on. Even stopped to check it was definitely a 29 tyre they sent me and then a sharp pain in my armpit. Look down and a beer or wasp flew out from my t-shirt sleeve. WTF. Pack up and ice pack to the arm pit.

Back to battle once kids in bed. Recall @ozzybmx soaping up his Argototal. So soaped the rim and soapy water on the tyre. Much sweating and cussing and bending tyre levers. How they didn’t snap I’m not sure. Then a loud snap as the tyre dropped in one side and then repeat on the other side. Still have to air up and seal but that’s tomorrow’s job. The tyre - unless it stretches will be a cut off job I think. Hope I like the new tyres.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Did the e13 tyre wrestle today. Bought a set of all terrrain. Control front endurance rear. Front was easy. Popped on, seated and sealed easy. Rims are Spank 350s.

The rear. Holy moly. Battled for nearly an hour bending tyre levers, sweating and cussing it would simply not go on. Even stopped to check it was definitely a 29 tyre they sent me and then a sharp pain in my armpit. Look down and a beer or wasp flew out from my t-shirt sleeve. WTF. Pack up and ice pack to the arm pit.

Back to battle once kids in bed. Recall @ozzybmx soaping up his Argototal. So soaped the rim and soapy water on the tyre. Much sweating and cussing and bending tyre levers. How they didn’t snap I’m not sure. Then a loud snap as the tyre dropped in one side and then repeat on the other side. Still have to air up and seal but that’s tomorrow’s job. The tyre - unless it stretches will be a cut off job I think. Hope I like the new tyres.
Sounds like you need a bex and a lie down..

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

I had (well, have) an eThirteen semi-slick rear in a DH casing that also required a fair bit of motivating*. Weirdly it came off fairly easily once I removed it after a couple of months to try something else. I rated the rib-sided side knobs though, they seemed to help gain a lot of grip out of moderately small (for the agressive intentions) edge knobs.

*Onto a Nextie carbon rim in my case. Gotta say those Spank rims with the "OohBar" raised rim bed profile are a PITA with a lot of tyres though sadly.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Onto a Nextie carbon rim in my case. Gotta say those Spank rims with the "OohBar" raised rim bed profile are a PITA with a lot of tyres though sadly.
I wonder what Oohbar really stands for, Ooh, we need a bar to install the tyre. :D

I noticed it gets a lot harder if you use thick rim tape, 3 wraps is just asking for it.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Sounds like you need a bex and a lie down..
Currently in progress ;)

I had (well, have) an eThirteen semi-slick rear in a DH casing that also required a fair bit of motivating*. Weirdly it came off fairly easily once I removed it after a couple of months to try something else. I rated the rib-sided side knobs though, they seemed to help gain a lot of grip out of moderately small (for the agressive intentions) edge knobs.

*Onto a Nextie carbon rim in my case. Gotta say those Spank rims with the "OohBar" raised rim bed profile are a PITA with a lot of tyres though sadly.
Yup. Last bike had Spank rims. Although more issues with tyres not sealing than installing. The All Terrains look like a modded Minion so hopefully go ok.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I've bought a tyre fitting contraption from the UK - let's see if it lives up to the hype.

The Trail Boss tough tyres were also an absolute chunt to install, I reckon I could have stood on the beads and they wouldn't have broken. There was much cussing when removing them.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I've bought a tyre fitting contraption from the UK - let's see if it lives up to the hype.

The Trail Boss tough tyres were also an absolute chunt to install, I reckon I could have stood on the beads and they wouldn't have broken. There was much cussing when removing them.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm going to make a Cuntywobble video, send it to Continental and BikeComponents, hopefully getting a credit for the price of the tyre.
Mounted the defective Argotal on an old rim and sent the private video to BC, they said the rim was bent :rolleyes:

After a bit of useless correspondence with BC, I sent it to Continental (Germany HQ), they said it should be replaced. Next thing, surprisingly I get a call from the Aussie importer, he said it should be replaced but it was up to BC, though he would give me a discount on a replacement.

BC eventually agreed and refunded me the 53 euros ($86au)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Did you tell them you needed truck tyre levers to fit it?
I'm sure they already know they make the tightest tyres.

Once I worked out both beads needed to go over the shallow side of the asymmetrical rim, they went on alright.