All mountain

shannon23455

Likes Dirt
Would anyone from ccomtb know if there are any plans to hold races on the all mountain course? Pretty sure there'd be a few racers that'd turn up. It was a great course that was used for the flow rollercoaster round...

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Would anyone from ccomtb know if there are any plans to hold races on the all mountain course? Pretty sure there'd be a few racers that'd turn up. It was a great course that was used for the flow rollercoaster round...
The ourimbah calendar is up on their site now. they have 4 local all mountain rounds thou year, the track is a bit shorter and uses more of the dh/ other track in second half. basically where the climb was in the rocky mtn race, you do a 180 up the fireroad for 50m and its more technical and steeper and funnels onto the dh track.
At least that's what it did in the local round late last year, it's $30 if you have mtba licence. not as many ppl as rm series... I`ll be at them all I hope.

On 21/4, 2/6, 7/7, 4/8.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Slight gravedig but asking relevant info so I figured here is better ;)

Given the possible track style, is it worth bring the DH bike or AM bike? Or, perhaps, both?

Cheers!

shannon23455

Likes Dirt
If its the same track they ran for rollercoaster, I'd run the all mountain bike. I ran it on a scott spark. Top would be good for a dh rig but I reckon it'd suck on the bottom half.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Although if it's the track they ran last year as mentioned above, a DH bike may be better if the course runs down the DH trail again...

Ah well, I guess I'll just take both bikes up and see what happens :)

sclyde2

Likes Dirt
Does any one know the details of the club round this weekend?

eg.
When does rego open/close
Is there a shuttle
When is practice, when are the timed runs
How many timed runs
When should we get there (ie. based on rego and when the shuttle-ing starts)
When would we expect to finish up
How much is it
Does it just follow the Downhill program/rules, as per the website?

There's pretty much no details on the ccomtb site (that i could find anyway), other than a date on the calendar.

Is it definitely happening this weekend? How much rain do they need to cancel it.

I am new to AM events, and have only gone in XC stuff previously (ie. no DH, no shuttles etc).

Maybe I should just send this to a ccomtb contact - there's a ton of them, but with no "all mountain" contact though.

EDIT: just found this thread:
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...on-again-Ourimbah-All-Mountain-Racing-1-April

I hope it is safe to assume this round is similar to the last

EDIT2: I just realised that that link is a 2012 round, over a year ago

Last edited:

jfinlay

Likes Bikes
Ourimbah Club All Mountain 21st April - Round 1 - postponed due to wet weather

The Ourimbah club All Mountain race tomorrow the 21st has been postponed due to the wet weather.

We will reschedule and put the new date up on the club website.