Angerrrr rising......Scottt sssmmmmash!!!!

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't get me started about the "tried to deliver but no-one was home" bullshit. Many occasions I have watched the pricks turn up, drop the card in the letter box and fuck off with out even approaching the place. I called one guy on it once as I was on the balcony when he did it and hadn't seen me. I then asked if he was intending to deliver it and got the "oh...huh?.... oh yeah" Pricks!!!!!

F^&K AUSTRALIA POST!!!!

teK--

Eats Squid
As I understand there are 2 issues with Auspost.

1. As with the postal service in other countries, international mail is delivered by the receiving country for no payment from the sending country. It is a reciprocal agreement. The problem in Australia is we receive a shitload more mail and parcels inbound than Auspost is paid to be shipped outbound. You can see the economics there.

2. The parcel deliveries are done by contractors of Auspost. These guys get paid hardly anything. Think a couple of dollars or less per parcel which has to cover all your time and running expenses. These guys literally run on vapours in order to survive. They could do their job really well but they would probably go broke.

Not making any excuses for Auspost but you probably find in most countries people bitch and moan about their mail service for similar reasons. That's why there are private couriers (but you get what you pay for).

FWIW I've had parcels lost, delayed, misdelivered by Auspost but still think overall they do a reasonable job considering the volume of items they have to move.

Switch

huskier headed gent
I am about to move back to Porepunkah and the post office won't even deliver to your house, you have to go to the local office to collect. No one even has a mail box in town. It is going to piss me off no end as it's not like I am going to get a discount on delivery costs.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I am about to move back to Porepunkah and the post office won't even deliver to your house, you have to go to the local office to collect. No one even has a mail box in town. It is going to piss me off no end as it's not like I am going to get a discount on delivery costs.
Your parcels have went via Melbourne, you have used all the extra postage $$$ getting it to Porepunkah. So really you should pay more :)

ozzybmx

Not making any excuses for Auspost but you probably find in most countries people bitch and moan about their mail service for similar reasons. That's why there are private couriers (but you get what you pay for).

FWIW I've had parcels lost, delayed, misdelivered by Auspost but still think overall they do a reasonable job considering the volume of items they have to move.
And look after your contractor if you have a 'decent' regular bloke... mine got a big bottle of JD's every x-mas at my last place, until he left. Packages were delivered on time and he would have even called back later to save a PO drop.
Sadly the lazy B after him wouldn't even walk up my steep driveway until I complained after seeing him dump a card when we were home.

teK--

Eats Squid
And look after your contractor if you have a 'decent' regular bloke... mine got a big bottle of JD's every x-mas at my last place, until he left. Packages were delivered on time and he would have even called back later to save a PO drop.
Sadly the lazy B after him wouldn't even walk up my steep driveway until I complained after seeing him dump a card when we were home.
Yeah this too. I had a parcel go missing 2 days before Xmas. Since the DC is right next to my office I walked in their open roller doors, and a real helpful bloke walked up the street to the LPO with me and sorted through their bags. Turns out the inbound package was accidentally dropped back into the outbound bag!

Dropped a bottle of JW off to that legend and he was so grateful because Auspost don't give their employees shit for Xmas. Hopefully it lifted his spirits enough that he will continue to go out of his way for others.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Your parcels have went via Melbourne, you have used all the extra postage $$$ getting it to Porepunkah. So really you should pay more :)
Damn right. People who choose to live in remote areas should have to take responsibility for getting stuff out to them from the major metropolitan areas. It is simply the right thing to do in charging them more for these kinds of services. Those of us who live in the big places shouldn't be forced to subsidise their remote lifestyle choices any more!

Switch

huskier headed gent
Damn right. People who choose to live in remote areas should have to take responsibility for getting stuff out to them from the major metropolitan areas. It is simply the right thing to do in charging them more for these kinds of services. Those of us who live in the big places shouldn't be forced to subsidise their remote lifestyle choices any more!
We pay our dues when you concrete loving souls come and invade our otherwise tranquil trails during the tourist season! :confused:;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We pay our dues when you concrete loving souls come and invade our otherwise tranquil trails during the tourist season! :confused:;)
Pffft...those trails subsidised by our taxes and our spendings, otherwise known as tour salvation. I think we need a special tax. Called remote, regional or rural tax. That on top of higher prices for everything provided should start to level the field.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't get me started about the "tried to deliver but no-one was home" bullshit. Many occasions I have watched the pricks turn up, drop the card in the letter box and fuck off with out even approaching the place. I called one guy on it once as I was on the balcony when he did it and hadn't seen me. I then asked if he was intending to deliver it and got the "oh...huh?.... oh yeah" Pricks!!!!!

F^&K AUSTRALIA POST!!!!
Australia Post, enough said. We all know your pain and suffering.

When I lived in Hobart, this happened all the time, we had a steep driveway, be waiting for the parcel, he'd rock up, jump out, card in the box and drive off. I kknow the drive was steep, bt he wasn't even trying. After about 10 of the deliveries, I went down grabbed the card, straight own to the PO, "where's my package? It must be here as the guy didn't even try to deliver it".

One good thing, our local PO has closed down and it's all oved to the newsagent, best thing ever. It was staffed by totally useless old biddies who would close up 15 minutes before closing grrrr

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So has it turned up today????
Yeah but typical Auspost I was meant to sign for it. Answering the bell this morning, I head out and find my package rocking back and forth as the bastard dropped a set of 11's down the street. Given everything that went on I'm going to the post office to ask who signed for it. As an added kick in the balls CRC cocked up the order and put in 2 left hand brake kits instead of a left and right. I'm beginning to think I may not be meant to build this bike...........

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As I understand there are 2 issues with Auspost.

1. As with the postal service in other countries, international mail is delivered by the receiving country for no payment from the sending country. It is a reciprocal agreement. The problem in Australia is we receive a shitload more mail and parcels inbound than Auspost is paid to be shipped outbound. You can see the economics there.

2. The parcel deliveries are done by contractors of Auspost. These guys get paid hardly anything. Think a couple of dollars or less per parcel which has to cover all your time and running expenses. These guys literally run on vapours in order to survive. They could do their job really well but they would probably go broke.

No. Go look at the auspost website.
Not one thing on the front page about mail...
Largest retail chain in aus. So many services. But try collecting a parcel cos you've been carded at 4am, and wait behind the old ladies paying their bills with 20 notes. I swear the chunts wait until the day before doll day to card us too.

stirk

Burner
I have had nothing but excellent service from Aust Post.

My wife and I constantly have deliveries to our house and to be honest it really is the local contractor and the fact we live in a rather safe area and goods can be left and not be visible from the street that makes the difference.

Every situation for each individual will be different.

The parcel drop lockers are a good service for small to medium sized boxes that relieves the stress of 'will it be there when I get home'

ozzybmx

JD? JW? Do you guys are cruel.
Believe me, he looked like Beam, Jacks or Johnny Walker could of tasted like single malt... Beanie in all weather, long hair hanging down the back of his Hi-viz postie jersey and a decent lifetime goatee, would have probably preferred I slipped him something illegal but he was a decent bloke, did right by me, always smiling and good for a chat.

teK--

Eats Squid
No. Go look at the auspost website.
Not one thing on the front page about mail...
Largest retail chain in aus. So many services. But try collecting a parcel cos you've been carded at 4am, and wait behind the old ladies paying their bills with 20 notes. I swear the chunts wait until the day before doll day to card us too.
No what?

stirk

Burner
Seems to be the deal across Australia.
View attachment 342363
The day before a delivery I get a text saying Your package will arrive tomorrow.

Then on the day I get this which asks for a response.

Do you want us to leave your parcel in a safe place?
Would you like to collect at the local post office?

I actually love the service I get from Aust Post.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Aust Post, just never have issues!

Local big parcel dude drives a Star Trek van if that makes a difference, probably not.

teK--

Eats Squid
Why don't people have shipments made to their workplace if it is staffed all day? Or to a family member's workplace if their own isn't suitable.

I have never been carded at work even though our office reception is upstairs with shitty street parking, and they still come up to reception to deliver...