Another ‘what ute?’ Thread.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It’s a cracker of a car...just not euro trash, sorry.
Drives fantastic for a big car. Economical and roomy. Yes. 4wd
Everything velour...and nothing can stop the mud getting in, or get the mud out.
It’s a respect thing. Her car, I’m not wrecking it, and kids not notice they’re muddy. (You would’t understand)
Key words “for a big car”. Ie, not very good... ;) Pusifnder is also the one most likely to roll over in a swerve on the highway and kill everyone. Famous for it in their home market.

Either way, maybe just get one of those car seat covers for dogs. Cheaper than a car just because of mud and wifey might be on board to save the cash? We’ve got one for the back seat of the Alfa for mutt carting.

Anyway, a 4WD pusfinder seems like a good thing for long road trips with shuttle duties and could be mud proofed I reckon.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Key words “for a big car”. Ie, not very good... ;) Pusifnder is also the one most likely to roll over in a swerve on the highway and kill everyone. Famous for it in their home market.

Either way, maybe just get one of those car seat covers for dogs. Cheaper than a car just because of mud and wifey might be on board to save the cash? We’ve got one for the back seat of the Alfa for mutt carting.
Sigh. We travel a lot..with a lot of gear...and also need 7 seater.
You honestly seem to have no actual understanding of family struggles and compromises, living in a hipster bubble.
A family wagon you don’t want to ruin is just not an option as a muddy shuttle car.
I'm sure you think you’re trying to help....

Ima take a Haakon holiday

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sigh. We travel a lot..with a lot of gear...and also need 7 seater.
You honestly seem to have no actual understanding of family struggles and compromises, living in a hipster bubble.
A family wagon you don’t want to ruin is just not an option as a muddy shuttle car.
I'm sure you think you’re trying to help....

Ima take a Haakon holiday
No, actually trying to help. 7 seater I get, I just hate this fashion of “needing” a bloody giant truck instead of an actual people carrier that does the job of being a family carrier better and safer... Sadly we have followed the yanks in the SUV thing and not the Europeans who still have families and road trips with stuff in station wagons or people carriers. But all that is another argument...

But if you already have a big 4WD surely that’s an ok shuttle rig? Your kids seem old enough to treat their mums car with some care and mats and seat covers would sort out the mud issue I would have thought... But if you want to spend many dollars on another car knock your socks off. Your money, just seemed an obvious solution if you’re on a budget.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You are after a unicorn. Buy a wrecked parts D22 with a decent (for a D22) motor and keep yours running. Engine change is easy. Just keep an ear on the timing chain. I could probably hook you up with some good foam cell suspension at a very good price but if Pedders are ok and dont overheat and fade then you dont need it. You must look after that beast like you look after your body!

EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
If you're still looking in a few months my mother in laws ute sounds like it fits the bill pretty well. 2008/2009 PK ranger with 190,000ish KM, silver, auto, 4X4, bull bar, arb canopy and owned by her for the last 5 or so years (from about 30,000km . She's just a hobby farmer running 300 odd acres and has only ever used it to cart dogs around and drive in to Melbs to visit family. Good honest car, rough around the edges (body wise) but mechanically well looked after.

Also suspension wise, I had a 2008 D40 Navara that also rode like crap, dropped near $1000 on kyb struts all round and still rode like a leaf sprung cart.

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers. Probably just a little older than something I’d like to ‘update’ to. D22 is also 2008. Cheers though.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
No Kids, plus you own an Alfa AND a Renault.....Why are you here again?

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s a cracker of a car...just not euro trash, sorry.
Drives fantastic for a big car. Economical and roomy. Yes. 4wd
Everything velour...and nothing can stop the mud getting in, or get the mud out.
It’s a respect thing. Her car, I’m not wrecking it, and kids not notice they’re muddy. (You would’t understand)
Is it one of the new softroad pathfinders? Or the older R51 based-on-D40 ones?

Our R51 pathfinder is pretty good. Sure, it’s not a race car and the better half isn’t too keen on getting it muddy, but it is certainly a capable 4wd, unlike the newer shape.

The first thing I did was put a factory rubber mat on the rear floor to save the carpet form muddy boots. Leather-pleather seats are easy to wipe off too.

moorey

call me Mia
Leather free house.
About 2017/18 model..NFI tbh. :p
Definitely more of a soft roader, bought for towing, carrying 7 people, and overfilling with luggage.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Should have known! Time to bring back vinyl then!
Yeah, that’d be the new shape. The one they should have called the Murano 7 or something other than Pathfinder coz you can find the path, but not use it unlike the older models.
We had a 98 pathy years ago. Was definitely an actual 4x4, more like a toned down patrol than a soft roader. Comfy as and had great road manners but guzzled fuel.

You need this for firewood collection duties too don't you? Was going to suggest going van like I did, but I wouldn't put firewood in my van. The amount of big hairy spiders I've found in firewood is frightening, I love the little critters but I don't need them crawling on me when I'm trying not to get killed on the road.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
The D22 isn't that aerodynamic, comfy, or fast. And the driver has too much hair
what r u saying, moorey is in the passenger seat, it’s felix driving,..just had slicked hair..he found his dad’s brill cream, long expired cos the owner hasn’t been able to use for 15 hrs

moorey

call me Mia
We had a 98 pathy years ago. Was definitely an actual 4x4, more like a toned down patrol than a soft roader. Comfy as and had great road manners but guzzled fuel.

You need this for firewood collection duties too don't you? Was going to suggest going van like I did, but I wouldn't put firewood in my van. The amount of big hairy spiders I've found in firewood is frightening, I love the little critters but I don't need them crawling on me when I'm trying not to get killed on the road.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Cutting and collecting wood 8 months a year. Can’t get a trailer around the tight Bush.
Spiders, scorpions, love them all.