Another school shooting.

Bermshot

Banned
This is for perusal.
[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=CSUAXBChnbE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCSUAXBChnbE%26feature%3 Dyoutu.be&gl=GB[/video]

+ look up the medical examiner "Wayne Carver". Fuck me is he a spin.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
From now on I shall always picture J@se as Alex Jones......., as well as a lesser shot :nod:

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Interesting stats.

[video=youtube;tRJ0ls_W9XM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRJ0ls_W9XM[/video]

workmx

Banned
From the Harvard Injury Control Research Center four literature reviews find more guns = more homicide.

Sources:
  • Hepburn, Lisa; Hemenway, David. Firearm availability and homicide: A review of the literature. Aggression and Violent Behavior: A Review Journal. 2004; 9:417-40.
  • Hemenway, David; Miller, Matthew. Firearm availability and homicide rates across 26 high income countries. Journal of Trauma. 2000; 49:985-88.
  • Miller, Matthew; Azrael, Deborah; Hemenway, David. Household firearm ownership levels and homicide rates across U.S. regions and states, 1988-1997. American Journal of Public Health. 2002: 92:1988-1993.
  • Miller, Matthew; Azrael, Deborah; Hemenway, David. State-level homicide victimization rates in the U.S. in relation to survey measures of household firearm ownership, 2001-2003. Social Science and Medicine. 2007; 64:656-64.

moorey

call me Mia
Fox's stats and graphs are famously incorrect and misleading. I think it was truthout.org that did a story on it recently. Hilarious stuff.

workmx

Banned
That is also quite interesting.

By the way, the only sources that are cited on Ben Swann's blog are... two Daily Mail articles.

The first (about gun related homicides) uses UN data and the second (about violent crime in the EU) was "compiled by the Tories".

Of the 13 statistical claims Ben Swann makes, he can provide reliable evidence for... exactly 1.

Notice that be discounts the number of gun homicides in the USA (660 are "justifiable homicides") BUT he does not discount the 59 homicides in the UK (how many of them were "justifiable"?)

Notice also that he cherry-picks the gun homicide stats: the rate of gun homicides per 100,000 persons (the USA is 28th), rather than the less flattering total number of gun homicides (where the USA is 5th in the world) - that is the UN data, by the way (see below).

Country - Number of homicides by firearm
Brazil - 34,678
Colombia - 12,539
Mexico - 11,309
Venezuela - 11,115
USA - 9,146

Source
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list#data

Last edited:

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Given your video is a fox news broadcast, let's look at some other interesting stats:

Fox News Viewers Know Less Than People Who Don't Watch Any News: Study
Yes, discounting the source doesn't change the accuracy of those stats. I also find it amusing you're using a Huff post link, hahaha, farkin hell.

In the US state with some of the harshest gun control in the nation. Go figure...

That is also quite interesting.

By the way, the only sources that are cited on Ben Swann's blog are... two Daily Mail articles.

The first (about gun related homicides) uses UN data and the second (about violent crime in the EU) was "compiled by the Tories".

Of the 13 statistical claims Ben Swann makes, he can provide reliable evidence for... exactly 1.

Notice that be discounts the number of gun homicides in the USA (660 are "justifiable homicides") BUT he does not discount the 59 homicides in the UK (how many of them were "justifiable"?)

Notice also that he cherry-picks the gun homicide stats: the rate of gun homicides per 100,000 persons (the USA is 28th), rather than the less flattering total number of gun homicides (where the USA is 5th in the world) - that is the UN data, by the way (see below).

Country - Number of homicides by firearm
Brazil - 34,678
Colombia - 12,539
Mexico - 11,309
Venezuela - 11,115
USA - 9,146

Source
http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list#data

Indeed, but the data on 1 per 100,000 is representative in that it doesn't discriminate due to larger populations. You are in fact cherry picking data yourself by discounting the 1 per 100,000.

Last edited:

Sic

Likes Dirt
In the US state with some of the harshest gun control in the nation. Go figure... .[/QUOTE said:
Yeah maybe if it had been in a state with looser gun control the kid would have brought an AR-15 or a glock to school. GO figure!