Any one here a regular at bikram yoga?

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wondering who here has thoughts on bikram. have done it a few times - horrific during it but feel good after. have some back pain and i recall after one session the back felt bad but the next day it felt good. looking for some input before i might try it regularry for a few weeks..

matt

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I just be careful with the initial heat of the room due dehydration etc. I know the heated studio is desigened to heat the muscles more but is it really necessary to be heated so much?

I practise and studying be ashtanga teacher - this is a very fluid style of yoga -i work up massive sweat (due breatning techniques and the vinyasa flow) during my practise so personally i dont see the need for the extreme heated studios, especially with summer coming up.

I enjoyed the bikram just not the heat.
I find with yoga that there are certain styles that suit certain people - if you find a style you like stick at it - all styles of yoga are beneficial and in the end it comes down to personal preference

Johanbacha

Cannon Fodder
Yeah here I am regular at Bikram yoga and doing it for at least 30 minutes daily.
Bikram Yoga exercise is the method of yoga that is a extensive exercise that contains all the elements of fitness: muscle durability, muscle stamina, heart versatility and losing body weight.

adamprowse boot camp

Last edited:

kiwineil

Cannon Fodder
bikram...

Just wondering who here has thoughts on bikram. have done it a few times - horrific during it but feel good after. have some back pain and i recall after one session the back felt bad but the next day it felt good. looking for some input before i might try it regularry for a few weeks..

matt
i did for several yrs and loved, only gave it away due to the time impost.
like all things its about consistency, and surrender (the heat, in my case my own physical inadequacies etc)
hydrate heavily after and stick with it...

and johanbotha, u cant do kosher bikram full series in 30 mins....