Any Zwifters out there?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Anyone used the climb portal ?

I did the Cote de Pike last night. Not sure what to think about the computerised road with the hum for background noise and floating shapes.
At least you can see what's coming.

View attachment 400929

Would be nice to do 1 of each for the rest of the month, looks like they change every 4 days.

Wonder will Zwift decorate these routes with tarmac, trees etc and continue with them after the TDF is finished.

View attachment 400928
That graphic is not what I expected. I thought gather they must have videoed the routes, but that looks boring.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That graphic is not what I expected. I thought gather they must have videoed the routes, but that looks boring.
To be honest it wasn't as bad as it looks. There were shit loads of riders visible, all climbing the route and easy make up time on the ones in front... or get overtaken by a 50kg yoinker doing an easy 4-5W/kg.

There's a 'hum' as background noise that only probably I can hear as it seems I'm the only one who listens to Zwift noise while the rest of you's are blasting Sabbath in your earbuds.

ozzybmx

Oh and the gradient is bloody steep, Cote de Pike had a couple of sections at 22-23%.

My trainer is only good for 20% but I was looking for another gear.

ozzybmx

Lol mine only does 13%, I would struggle anyway
I believe the way it works is you still have to produce the same amount of watts to get up the hill but the bigger flywheel trainers can slow you down more, producing the feeling of a sharper incline. The ones that have a lesser 'simclimb' percentage, the rider just moves slower to generate the same amount of watts require for a certain distance.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

I did the Cote de Pike last night. Not sure what to think about the computerised road with the hum for background noise and floating shapes.

View attachment 400929

Would be nice to do 1 of each for the rest of the month, looks like they change every 4 days.

Wonder will Zwift decorate these routes with tarmac, trees etc and continue with them after the TDF is finished.

View attachment 400928
They will be keeping the graphics. It allows them to build many more gps accurate famous climbs, without needing to 'create' all the extra viewing piffle.

I haven't tried any yet, but keen to get into it.

ozzybmx

I haven’t even done alp du zwift yet, I was waiting for a rainy weekend

Been getting some bump ups in my ftp, now at 196 as of tonight, also hit my highest output at 651 watts and highest 5 second output of 623watts.

Happy with that.
Aim for the 1-point-21-jiggawatts badge :p

ozzybmx

They will be keeping the graphics. It allows them to build many more gps accurate famous climbs, without needing to 'create' all the extra viewing piffle.

I haven't tried any yet, but keen to get into it.
It works ok and if the climbs stay it will be good. Being able to see what's coming up is a nice feature to a computerised world.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius

We is done two of them, meh, they're OK..... will probably try to do all of them... even though we hates the climbs.....

S

slowmick

38-39"
Hi Gents,
My sister is looking at getting a trainer to pedal away winter in the loungeroom. What is sort of the minimum level she should be looking at so that it will work as advertised and stay reliable? The Saris seems to get love on here and the odd jet black. Garmin's TacX bare rates a mention on the forum. I've never really looked into it.

ozzybmx

Hey guys, going to do my first ride tonight.
What is the best zwift course for a bit of elevation?
A bit, 300vm ok ?

My favourite route is 'Jungle Circuit', then as soon as you start, do a U'ey and head straight up the Reverse KOM.

Just go to Watopia and ride, or jump on a Watopia pace partner group till you find your way around. I'm not that keen on the other worlds.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hey guys, going to do my first ride tonight.
What is the best zwift course for a bit of elevation?
For single hills:
Alpe de zwift (~1000m)
Ven-top (~1500m)
Innsbruck (~400m)

But you can really punish yourself by doing a bigger course:

Fire and ice does the volcano for a warm up, then off to the Alpe for a main course.

Innsbruck can be done in loops, so up and over, then down again, then back up. Absolutely brutal racing this course

Then there's stuff like the four horsemen which I still haven't had the fortitude to finish, taking in all the big climbs in the watopia map in one route. Guaranteed to make you question what kind of god would allow people to create an abomination like zwift

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
A bit, 300vm ok ?

My favourite route is 'Jungle Circuit', then as soon as you start, do a U'ey and head straight up the Reverse KOM.

Just go to Watopia and ride, or jump on a Watopia pace partner group till you find your way around. I'm not that keen on the other worlds.
I also like the jungle loop. Gentle enough climb and long enough without being a slog. A lot of roadie types hate it for some reason, which means there's not normally a massive amount of competition for the jungle loop jersey

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Hi Gents,
My sister is looking at getting a trainer to pedal away winter in the loungeroom. What is sort of the minimum level she should be looking at so that it will work as advertised and stay reliable? The Saris seems to get love on here and the odd jet black. Garmin's TacX bare rates a mention on the forum. I've never really looked into it.
FWIW Zwift have licensed the Jetblack Volt to sell as their own trainer.
It would be my next choice for value if I hadn't decided to take a gamble on the AliExpress route