Ashgrove Jumps discussion/Work Group

• Thread starter Deleted member FN2187
  • Start date

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Name names. Lyyyyyynnccccchhhhhhh moooooooooooooob!!1!
im super impressed with your dedication. with your high quality internet, that would have taken at least 90 seconds of waiting just to post that.

as for naming names, not for now - im not certain it was them. that said, i was up at the dog park yesterday afternoon, and they were hanging around looking like the dirty little bowl rats they are, and were the only ones there.. could well have been them - theyre the type of kids who spray paint "PJ is gay" everywhere etc...

Drew.

Eats Squid
It's that sleezebag dole bludging Ryan c*nt who rides the DMR, I saw him down there at 2:00am on tuesday with a bottle of meth and a chainsaw. Honest.

Air time erik

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was at the jump yesterday....bad news...the medium set is cracked and chunks have started falling off it...this applys to the first one and second one:(...the second medium is still hitable..was watching several kids boost off it nicely...and the large set...is still in prime condition.:rolleyes:

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
That's interesting.

Has any maintenance been performed on the jumps since the meeting?
Was a group put together to take control of their maintenance?

Air time erik

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes...part of the club ...but we gotta look after the trails and bush-land behind there, as well.

All I call see its like we build, the jumps are good for a week and then they turn to shit again:confused:

And I dont see a way of stopping it.

Any ideas?

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
My idea would be to analyse and address the issues causing the deterioration. Is it overuse, type of dirt, build method, lack of clay, weather, rider neglect etc? How are the big jumps different? If they are staying together while the others disintegrate that may the first place to look. The jumps at Ferny Grove seemed well built - you could talk to the guy that does them, maybe get him to come down and give you his input

Just in case of internet misinterpretation - I'm not having a go at anyone. Couldn't make the meeting, and have never even been there, just asking the questions. I would like to ride them, but obviously theres no point if they are fubar.

Last edited:

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I believe a lot of the problem is the jumps intentionally being damaged... ie kids knocking of lips so they can jump them... That and the crack addicts. I think smaller sets need to be built/fixed so that the younger kids don't alter the big set other wise we are wasting our time fixing them up.

slip

Beefcake...BEEFCAKE!!!
What about a big arse sign or 2 at the run up point and just before first jump of each set?

These jumps are built and maintained by X Club, a group of riders. Please do not alter or destroy the jumps, they are built by riders, for riders. If the jumps require attention, please contact Mr So and So on 0416545640 or email asldfds@alsdfl.com.

That's pretty shit, but you get the idea. It might make a difference, especially if they all get to a good standard, so noone bastardises the big set.

Like, a BIG sign. Big, easy to read, and no long crazy words (like responsible, or cantankerous) so the kids/morons know what it says.

derelikt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im pretty sure the kids wreck them because it makes them feel warmer inside. So theres no point in putting a sign up, It'll just make them want to wreck them even more knowing that its pissing us off.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it's a good idea! So good in fact that:
And also, If possible, we should get some signs up ASAP!!! Outlining what we are trying to achieve with the jumps. I heard a few young kids this arv saying "they wrecked the bigs, you can't even roll them now" I think we should get something up showing that we are planning to make jumps to cater to there abilities if they leave the big ones intact.
My signwriting skills are lacking so I don't think I'm up to the task, I'm looking towards any members of the DRCC here ?

Air time erik

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know its a long way off...Destroy and rebuild the entire place...The entire middle section is wasted...and the difference of skill level from the small rollers to the mediem set to the large set is massive...you could get about 5-6 working lines across the whole park...keeping the table top and little rollers...transfers lines in between all of them...would be fantastic....

As the jumps are now the medium set is to short to keep cutting new lips into....

Drew.

Eats Squid
I say we put killer dogs in capsuals under the lips, so when someone digs the lip off, BAM! Dog in the face.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
See we need to stop messing around with stupid Ideas like making bombs with fertilizer and diesel, and come up with some resonable ideas like drew's dog capsules

Keelsy

Likes Bikes
What about digging out the middle of the jumps, as in so the speds cant do the jump anyway cause there is a hole in the middle. It might help, cause they wouldnt be able to do the jump anyway. Or just add some cement to the leps or something so they cant dig away at it.