Ashgrove Jumps discussion/Work Group

• Thread starter Deleted member FN2187
  • Start date

MATT_82

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, some squid kids were like "oh man they wrecked the jumps, theres a log in one and theres these huge steep things going up on the big ones"

But was a good day and got a heap done, so whens the next one?

Oh, i was on the pink bike;)

Matt

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, they are a whole lot better for not even a days work, Thanks Oppy and Gav for organising it, hope that there is another decent turnout next time!

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yea thats a good point will. for about 3 hours work from about 13 people. we fixed up the two big set. and the first two of the mediums, as well as a bit of work on the big berm and fixing the run in to the jumps. so going by that at the next one we should be able to get the last medium and the two jumps out the back kicking. would be nice to see everyone again at the next one, as well as anyone that missed out on this one. no official date yet but it will be posted up as soon as its set.

shiznik

Banned
Sounded like a very productive day!
Will def make it out to the next one,
Did anyone happen to take pics of the days work?

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep haydo did, oppy did, and i think joey did aswell. will try and get them posted up asap for all of the guys that came allong. would you like them posted in phat snaps or in here?

Oppy

Likes Dirt
Thanks to all the guys who turned up shovel in hand ready to do some work. We got a lot done and everyone just dug in which was great to see. I have some pictures as does Haydo, if I have any decent ones I'll up load them later.

Haydo, Gav and I need to work out what's next on the agenda and when to do it. The club has taken on dual roles in the councils "Trail Care" program one is looking after the DJ's the other is looking after the trails in the area.

As BlackJack said "so going by that at the next one we should be able to get the last medium and the two jumps out the back kicking." So I think that is pretty much what most of us had in mind for the DJ's.

On the trails side of things I'll wait till Gav is back on his feet before working out the next step there.

Thanks once again for stepping up and making a difference.

Oppy.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My only complaint about the day... and to me it's already starting to show that cracks are forming in the management side of things, and makes me wonder whether they can be relied on in the future ... No sauce ;)

j-rad

Likes Dirt
My only complaint about the day... and to me it's already starting to show that cracks are forming in the management side of things, and makes me wonder whether they can be relied on in the future
i think as soon as it rains they will go away

its cause the sun is baking all the moister out of them which meen they will srink

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think as soon as it rains they will go away

its cause the sun is baking all the moister out of them which meen they will srink
Keep up Mr radical, the cracks I was referring to, were the cracks forming in the managment group by forgetting the sauce ;)

desj

Squid
I went to the jumps this morning and someone has stuffed the first two little sets:mad:.There were two holes in the middle of both jumps about a foot wide.I was looking forward to a few jumps.It is a shame that someone would do something like that for no apparent reason:confused:.The two big sets were left alone so hopefully they dont go back.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I went to the jumps this morning and someone has stuffed the first two little sets:mad:.There were two holes in the middle of both jumps about a foot wide.I was looking forward to a few jumps.It is a shame that someone would do something like that for no apparent reason:confused:.The two big sets were left alone so hopefully they dont go back.
Break out the shovel then ;)