Australian Gravity Enduro Series 2014

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
whistler

hmmm, might have to spend that extra week in whistler...
mate, whistler will always be there, but your national ge series will change every season with locations and trails. go to whistler early and come back to race your local event. it'll mean more to you personally, and for the future of our sport, if numbers are good and the events/series grow, as local numbers promote more events and also riding based tourism. i know whistler is rad, but supporting your local event is how we get from where we are now to what they experience overseas. your in the industry, you know this.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mate, whistler will always be there, but your national ge series will change every season with locations and trails. go to whistler early and come back to race your local event. it'll mean more to you personally, and for the future of our sport, if numbers are good and the events/series grow, as local numbers promote more events and also riding based tourism. i know whistler is rad, but supporting your local event is how we get from where we are now to what they experience overseas. your in the industry, you know this.
or put your hand to run a round to give you a better perspective to whats involved.

Lots of people love to have a moan about what they are unhappy with, but not many will do anything positive about it...

granto

Likes Bikes
Full face helmets?

After a huge WA round we are heading to the ACT next. This one will be run by us (Rocky Trail).

My plan for the trails is: Pork Barrell/Double Dissolution just because they are so much fun and then something different for the second trail: top of the new DH track to the bridge, Luge and then I am not sure how to get to the bottom at the end. It all depends on how the trails look like when we are heading down there but that's the plan for now.

Entered and keen...
1. I can't see anything about full face helmets? Just checking that these are not required?

2. Any more news on the planned course?

Canberra riders will have a big advantage, it takes me a while to get used to the Stromlo dirt whenever I make a trip ;)

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Entered and keen...
1. I can't see anything about full face helmets? Just checking that these are not required?
No. Regular helmet is fine.

2. Any more news on the planned course?
I am working on the map and should be able to post it in the next few days. I might make a few changes depending on track conditions once we get down there.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Just trying to figure out the tracks. Is it:
track 1- up the anti /Luge to the second fire road /bitch of a fire road /wallaby run/rascals/under the bridge/around the back of the trail head maps/finish line at the gate
Track 2 - tall trees /echidna / wedgetail /pork barrel /double d

Will take a very complete rider to win this, given stage two has both a double black section and a jerk of a climb. Whoever wins will have a climb mode on their shock and use it, that's for sure!

Klips

Likes Dirt
Great description, the only problem being that there is not track called "Duffys" on Stromlo as far as I know, old Duffy descent is nowhere near pork barrel and the bit you're referring to is actually just the bottom part of pork barrel according to the sign at slick rock junction.

trailburner

We have about 70 spots left for the ACT round - if you want to race please sign up now. It's unlikely that we can accept on the day registrations.

Bamm

Likes Bikes
Shuttled practice runs

Ummmmmm no. Just get amongst it, cruise to the top, laugh chat, stop for a wee. Once at the top point it south and hang on. Can't wait for the ACT round. Last state round at Kempsey, no shuttles, Schweeeeeeet tracks

bgs

Likes Bikes
So you pay $70 to ride to the top, then ride down again, twice, on a trail that is free every other day of the year.... Yeah, seems like great value. Rather get a couple of mates together, throw in $50 each and race down a couple of times at your leisure using strava. Winner takes all.

Last edited:

Klips

Likes Dirt
So you pay $70 to ride to the top, then ride down again, twice, on a trail that is free every other day of the year.... Yeah, seems like great value. Rather get a couple of mates together, throw in $50 each and race down a couple of times at your leisure using strava. Winner takes all.
That kinda was my thinking. I don't mind paying the $50 for a four course route that was run earlier in the year by CORC with money going toward sending kids to junior worlds, but $70 for two tracks which each would take a maximum of 10 minutes (unless you're particularly shit). At $3.50 per minute of competition it's a real challenge to see the value.

trailburner

One more round to go! The awesome trails of Smithfield and the Cairns MTB Club are ready for us.

Registration is open and handled by Rocky Trail for that round. It's on the weekend before the Crocodile Trophy starts so we will be up there helping the club with the race.
Here is the trailmap: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/GravityEnduro-location.html
Registration: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/GravityEnduro-registration.html
and more info from the club: http://cairnsmtb.com/events/national-enduro-round-6-smithfield-mtb-park/

trailburner

Thank you all for racing with us in 2014!

Rocky Trail Entertainment and Alpine Gravity have been informed by MTBA that they will integrate a gravity enduro discipline into their a national series structures in 2015, regardless of our current series.

We feel that it would not be productive or affordable to the riders to run a competing nation-wide series and will therefore indefinitely suspend our "Australian Gravity Enduro Series", effective immediately. Although we are passionate about our series, ultimately as promoters, our goal is to foster the healthy and sustainable growth of the cycling industry and we feel two rival series will not achieve this.

As the pioneers of this new segment of racing, Rocky Trail and Alpine Gravity are proud to have been a part of such a passionate group of riders and enthusiastic clubs that embraced our series and introduced this sport into Australia. We've had a ball helping promote it to grow over the last few years. We would like to thank our partner clubs in SA, WA and QLD for their support in 2014, and will focus on our own gravity enduro events.

Both Rocky Trail Entertainment in NSW/ACT and Alpine Gravity in VIC have published 2015 events calendars that are brimming with exciting gravity enduro events and we are looking forward to help further grow this sport in Australia and inspire riders with exciting races.