Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
Off topic, but slightly related

I just got snubbed by the Red_Racer on my way home from work on the bike path around the lake in C-Town!

If he's still in town enjoying the sights of the Nations Capital, then who's teaching the kids P.E.?

Too be fair I probably look a bit different than I did midday Sunday.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just got snubbed by the Red_Racer on my way home from work on the bike path around the lake in C-Town!
I don't blame him really!!!

I mean what would you do if a bearded homeless looking man on a pushbike started blabbering at you?

chops007

Likes Dirt

If he's still in town enjoying the sights of the Nations Capital, then who's teaching the kids P.E.?

Too be fair I probably look a bit different than I did midday Sunday.
school holidays mate..

longxc

Likes Bikes
Say hello one day and I'll show the scar where my second head used to be.
If you thought the one that was left was ugly, you should have seen the one we chopped off.
Will have to compare ;)
I was told that they shipped our spare heads up to QLD where they are born without heads :p

longxc

Likes Bikes
Well that turned out to be far more fun than any reasonable person could have expected.

And I have to add a special thank you to the Maladjusted crew for convincing me to go singlespeed. It was like good and stuff. :cool:
I have to second this as their peer pressure extended through zed42 to result in me converting my bike to singlespeed the night before the race :p

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
:confused:

Something about turning up for 2011 Solo Nats running a 1*9 set-up, remember it now!

OK My 2010 Solo Nats Highlights
1) The comedy double act on the first lap.
2) Edmond Mac, grinning, heckling and shout outing his way onto the last rung of the over all podium whilst smashing his single up the back climb every lap.
3) All the Single Ladies, all the Single Ladies (c'mon join in I know you want to)
4) Being delivered from evil and not being tempted to stop for B&C.
5) Hearing about a guy called Glee-Buss or Gee-Bus, but never actually seeing him, and assuming he had some thing to do with the G-Train that used to play AFL.
6) The doode that sprinted to the line after 24hrs and nearly cleaned up a few SSers, could have ended badly.
7) K-ris for giving as good as she got.
8) Finding out at midnight that when people are tired calling them names they don't like, isn't as funny as it should be.
9) Making Scotty do another lap :)
10) Red_Racer breaking his promise to QueZeeThreeTen, and then saying he never made it.
11) The look on QZ13's face when he realised Gee-Bus was out in front, priceless.
12) C-Town Massif - MalAdjusted Domination! - Stromlatte here we come!

Big thanks to CORC for stepping again, and those special people within CORC that put their hands up and said yes I'll do that, we love you.

QZ13

Likes Dirt
Something about turning up for 2011 Solo Nats running a 1*9 set-up, remember it now!

10) Red_Racer breaking his promise to QueZeeThreeTen, and then saying he never made it.
11) The look on QZ13's face when he realised Gee-Bus was out in front, priceless.
I remember exactly what you said :mad:

and I wish RED_RACER showed a little more green lantern and left you out there for longer. Nobody was pressuring him, they were all too shagged from when you cracked them like the pack of salada's they are.

B&C??? Beer and Cheese?

Last edited:

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Whilst I have many highlights... I'm left contemplating one little question.

I wonder just how good these Single boys and girls "could" be, if they stepped up and got on a bike that could actually help them win these races?

Oh well, guess we will never find out.

QZ13

Likes Dirt
Norm

You should know by now it's not about the bike, surely.

The green lantern would win!

Last edited:

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I wonder just how good these Single boys and girls "could" be, if they stepped up and got on a bike that could actually help them win these races?
I guess that makes you an "always in the wrong gear" guy vs their "always in the right gear" philosophy. ;)

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
Clearly the downside to singlespeeding is misidentity.

Anti_Trainer grows a beard and doesn't get recognised in the supermarket by the local hero, and gets treated "comically" by local anti-heros on a memorial lap.

Beard goes, and the Green_Lantern sees right through him around the local beer run, ie the lake lap.

I had many highlights and pretty much no lowlights, but three that stand out:
1) The Lady in the cape, dress and costume smashing the course lap after lap, superhero style.
2) Kris, Zed42 and LongXC on the singlespeeds, always friendly, awesome effort, glad we could preach the gospel.
3) Volunteers, great to see so many friendly faces at checkpoints.

DunkMan

Likes Bikes
It really is quite humbling to realise that, whatever our motivation, what is on the face of it a personal and perhaps selfish pursuit is only made possible by the time and effort of many.

So I would like to add my thanks to CORC and all the individuals who made it all happen, again. Obviously a big thanks to my support crew, Matt, who popped up everywhere whenever I needed anything. It's so easy when all you have to do is ride.

And thanks to all the rest of you that shared the track for the 24hrs. I hope I was as pleasant as everyone else I met out there.