Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Taking my submission to the Miinster mysefl this week :D, can someone tell me what days this is run? Easter is fairly broad.... and full of family duties....

Raf
I would suggest you need the whole shebang. Friday to go down and setup, Sat & Sun to race, Monday to stare at the ceiling with drool running down your chin...

...it's a big commitment ;)

Cheers
Spoon

Raf

Likes Dirt
Im sure that submission will be rejected then....

Im in Canberra, but Im fairly sure my abcense will be noted Sunday morning by the kids....

Damn.
Raf

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Im sure that submission will be rejected then....

Im in Canberra, but Im fairly sure my abcense will be noted Sunday morning by the kids....
Bring 'em along. they can watch you while you loop around!

It is a 24hr event... at least 2 days are going to be consumed.

Cheers
Spoon

btothec

Likes Dirt
Book your leave. Is easier to cancel a leave request than have it approved.

Oh... are we talking leave with the Chief Minister of Household Affairs and Treasurer or merely your employer? :D

Either way, good luck!

Bear - out.
Only with my Employer. I'm my own Chief Minister of Household Affairs and Treasurer at the moment so don't have to worry about those dramas but things could change.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Taking my submission to the Miinster mysefl this week :D, can someone tell me what days this is run? Easter is fairly broad.... and full of family duties....

Raf
It's on the Easter weekend, Easter Saturday and Sunday.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
If I were you I would book your leave and race anyway. I got out there to have a look last year, and will hopefully pin a number on next year. It seems like a great race.

If you are concerned about making the mark for the world championships race, keep in mind that even if it doesn't get the go-ahead as the national champs, a good showing (270km+) would probably get you qualified for age group regardless, at a guess.

After a year overseas, I would personally give my left testie for the chance to ride around majura for 24hrs straight:D

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists

Raf
The race starts 1200 Saturday and finishes 24+ hours later. You basically need to write off Saturday and Sunday. There will be easter eggs on Sunday morning, for the riders and "significant others".

speshrider

Likes Bikes
True but if you're going to hold it in conjunction with a teams race then you effectively need two tracks... that makes it a bit of an organisational challenge... CORC, Forrest and Hidden Valley are the only places that spring to mind which have enough variety (and land for that matter) to really run two races in one.

Also the extremely short timeframe for submission I think means that the only real options are an extension of an existing race (for teams) which pretty much would be Hidden Valley or a smaller race for solos only - CORC Easter, something small somewhere else... esp as it all needs to happen before July I think...

Oh well I guess we wait for the official answer (btw Easter at Majura works nicely for me :) Aussie Champs or no! :) )
http://www.tailwindpromotions.com.au/merida24hr/course.html

Tailwind has 2 courses for the Merida24....;)

Raf

Likes Dirt
I was being flippant before, I know full well the toll a 24hr takes on my body, and solo even more so. :)

But there is no way I will get clearance for this ride, on the back of the SYdney Jet Black in Feb. (3 kids under 5 blah blah blah....)

Merida looks like an option. The QLD thing is a bit of a hassle :rolleyes:.... but July is a good time to be heading north.

Raf

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
I was being flippant before, I know full well the toll a 24hr takes on my body, and solo even more so. :)

But there is no way I will get clearance for this ride, on the back of the SYdney Jet Black in Feb. (3 kids under 5 blah blah blah....)

Merida looks like an option. The QLD thing is a bit of a hassle :rolleyes:.... but July is a good time to be heading north.

Raf
I was contemplating the kellivie 24 then backing up for the CORC race. I'll only be keen if the CORC race isn't the Nationals...

DaGonz

Eats Squid
I believe the implication was that he would ski Kellville to concentrate on Easter if it was Nats - I may be wrong though, but it makes more sense that way
I'm still curious about the 9km lighter part. Is this some special relativity thing that I'm missing? Kind of like light years being a distance?

Cheers
Spoon

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
I'm still curious about the 9km lighter part. Is this some special relativity thing that I'm missing? Kind of like light years being a distance?

Cheers
Spoon
i was typing using my iphone, I think it thought I meant to put km instead of kg so it changed it for me :eek:

BigSplashBear

Likes Dirt
Be patient.

Extract from the MTBA guidelines for bid submission under Bid Confirmation:
"A decision on the successful bidder will be made on or before 1st December 2009. MTBA undertakes to notify all bidders, successful or unsuccessful, by email by 4th December 2009."
I'd suggest that the MTBA have until close of business today to advise all bidders. Therefore I would not expect any announcment until later today or possibly even Monday 7 December.

All this excitement about a little ride in the forest. ;)
Bear
OK - still nothing on the MTBA website as at 1700 10/12/09.
I emailed MTBA yesterday morning. Thought it best to go to the source.
No reply to date.

Bear - waiting patiently.

btothec

Likes Dirt
Damn,

I thought you might have lost a leg, then the rest of the world would have some kind of small chance.
We would probably have less of a chance because they would fix him up with some super dopper bionic leg that would make him go even faster.