aviation welding australia, any good on mtb fix

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
yeah, that's what I was thinking, they should be good. Any idea if a couple hundred would cover a decent weld ?
Telephones are wonderful for communicating with people....

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Couldn't say what the cost would be but stock up on painkillers because your going to hurt when they tell you.

safreek

No drugs needed, the bloke on the phone recons between a fiddy to a ton. Hopefully will get it done next week all going well

safreek

What was the outcome of this thread?

I know a guy...

]
Picked up the frame today, dropped it off at 9am and picked up by 3pm,bloody quick and bloody cheap. And looks bloody good as well.
Thumbs up to Aviation Welding Australia. Much better than the pro job in your photo :thumb:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Hopefully hifi's guy is too busy fixing the light aircraft Pauline is getting about in to worry about fixing trivial bike frames.

safreek

I'll bet they didn't put the gusset strength on as good as Hifi's guy...
no they didn't, bit of a bummer really as it would of added much needed weight to my rig. Looks like his bloke was trying to melt weight off his frame and went to far
image.jpg
the hairline crack was just under the original weld, photos of crack wont upload from my crappy phone. I plan on heat treating it with a hair dryer if people think that is needed :whistle: I don't think it will be needed with my softcock riding style anyway

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
no they didn't, bit of a bummer really as it would of added much needed weight to my rig. Looks like his bloke was trying to melt weight off his frame and went to far
View attachment 337111
the hairline crack was just under the original weld, photos of crack wont upload from my crappy phone. I plan on heat treating it with a hair dryer if people think that is needed :whistle: I don't think it will be needed with my softcock riding style anyway
So the solution was to run a weld over the crack?

safreek

nar, that's what I asked them to do, my solution. From what little research I have done it appears that aircraft cracks are welded and hold up fine. A few years ago a mate had a cracked motorbike frame (alum) and the repair was to run a weld over the crack, it was never a prob as it was only a hairline one and the bike held up for the years I knew him. I think some things are just worried about too much
the crack was so thin you needed a mag glass to spot it