DH Banshee Darkside :===::×××××××××××> Spitfire & NS Surge & Dartmoor Hornet

Ideate

What do you think about the coil over the air? Had the dbaircs all last season with no complaints after 4 years of dbcoils on different bikes. Been thinking of going back to the coil for this season
On the Darkside or Spitfire? It's made the Darkside feel a lot more endless in the travel. I think that's to do with the constant linear spring weight going all the way to the bottom out, where as the air would ramp up toward the end and make it feel like there was less travel even though there was the same. Air is probably better for jumps but I've adapted easily. Coil has been better for rock gardens though and chatter.

On the Spitty, it started off the opposite but that was because I had a wrong spring weight. It kind of doesn't make sense because it should be exactly the same as the Darkside going to a coil but there's far less difference. Probably the thing I noticed the most was the weight? But even then.. that's probably because I think about it too much and in real world wouldn't be much different at all.

The only gripe I have is having to remove the bushings/hardware to change springs, but once it's setup, it's practically the same feeling as the air, if not a little more supportive toward bottom out (on the Spitfire).

Ideate

One of my kids thought I was dreaming of something else during my daily 10 minute bike stare. So they turned my face into a drum stick.