Bargain buys thread

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Would the Lyrik perform better than a 16 Pike RCT3 DP in anyone's opinion?

DMan

Little stiffer, but most people prefer the RCT3 to the RC...I personally can’t tell.
Not white, are they?
No, they're still black. I'm keen to get a solo something over my present DP so I can fiddle with it more, so was wondering how the Lyrik would perform against my RCT3 Pike was all.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
No, they're still black. I'm keen to get a solo something over my present DP so I can fiddle with it more, so was wondering how the Lyrik would perform against my RCT3 Pike was all.
Best thing for you to do is get a debonair spring and mrp ramp control. Would make a huge difference to your fork. After that damper changes are the logical progression but exy.

The Lyrik will be stiffer/heavier but won't really add a lot of performance advantage. I personally like the DP air spring for trail duties as it adds some platform without impacting the compression curve.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

DMan

Best thing for you to do is get a debonair spring and mrp ramp control. Would make a huge difference to your fork. After that damper changes are the logical progression but exy.

The Lyrik will be stiffer/heavier but won't really add a lot of performance advantage. I personally like the DP air spring for trail duties as it adds some platform without impacting the compression curve.

I can't do a simple Debonair upgrade on dual position pikes though. Same with MRP as far as I'm aware, no?? Just bought a set of the RC Lyriks so I'll be putting my pikes up for sale as soon as they're fitted now....

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
I snapped one of the Lyrics up last night. Came home today to find an email telling me of the mistake and another one telling me it's on its way. Good thing I still want it.
I sent them an email telling them I would send it back if they were out of pocket but they told me to enjoy my fork. Always good service for MTB Direct.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I can't do a simple Debonair upgrade on dual position pikes though. Same with MRP as far as I'm aware, no?? Just bought a set of the RC Lyriks so I'll be putting my pikes up for sale as soon as they're fitted now....
I'm not a suspension tech but I could have sworn the last time I spoke to NSdynamics about my dp Pikes they said that they could be converted to solo air.

DMan

Ah, that's true but its probably cheaper by the time you've changed everything over just to sell it and get a new fork. I've checked all that out myself and it's a lot of fluffing about.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have a 2017 150mm yari. I think i can maybe swap out the damper of the 27.5" lyric directly? Pretty sure they are the same.

Doing this to get charger damper in my current 29" fork before "possibly" building up a 160mm endurobro 650b bike....

Thoughts before i hit go on a $400 complete fork?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'll know tomorrow if 2017 Lyrik's stanchions on the damper side is polished or not on the inside. If polished, I'll be moving air piston to left and converting to dual air and travel spacers FTW