Bargain buys thread

safreek

Wait...you thought it was likely stolen but tried to go pick it up anyway?
Had to get a bite today, Facebook had been sad for piss taking. I knew you wouldn't fail me:D
Anyway, I post up pics of all the classical bikes I buy, stolen would be exposed pretty quickly.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I would submit that any Burner racing to grab a $600 Santa Cruz and acknowledging that it may be stolen, may not be an honest actor.
I have a few 'associates' here in SA that when they list shit, I would buy unseen... they basically under price by a mile and give it away.

Mr @safreek has done me a few good turns, sometimes its a fine line between too good to be true and a steal, he's a Burner, he knows.

safreek

I would submit that any MTBer racing to grab a $600 Santa Cruz and acknowledging that it may be stolen, may not be an honest actor.
Didn't pay much more for the V10. To be honest there has been so many cheap bikes for sale lately that I really don't judge people by how much they sell bikes for.
People have many reasons to sell things for low prices, look at Qantas baggage handlers, suddenly ripped off jobkeeper, they may well have to sell shit.

I don't understand why some need to judge others by prices they sell shit for. Obviously some people have never been hard up and need to let things go for a pressing bill or similar traumas.

Just remember that life can change swiftly and that same person could be you

safreek

I have a few 'associates' here in SA that when they list shit, I would buy unseen... they basically under price by a mile and give it away.
Well said man, some people place different values on stuff they have used. Sucks to call people thieves for selling things cheap or calling people suspicious for wanting to buy a bargain

moorey

call me Mia
Well said man, some people place different values on stuff they have used. Sucks to call people thieves for selling things cheap or calling people suspicious for wanting to buy a bargain
Hang on. You acknowledged it may well be stolen.
And no, there hasn’t been heaps of good bikes selling cheap. Only shitters. Everything else is way overpriced.
If you’re hard up for cash, you don’t offer a Santa Cruz for $600 IMHO. Just sayin.