Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
Well said man, some people place different values on stuff they have used. Sucks to call people thieves for selling things cheap or calling people suspicious for wanting to buy a bargain
Funnily, I interpreted ozzy’s comment differently. Maybe that’s just me.

moorey

call me Mia
Or could be a disgruntled Ex. Fuck... doesnt matter how much of a dragon she was, I would be going back for the bike :p

Though have left a pair of new shoes in the past... fuck the shoes.
We had an old guy in Ballarat who fucked shoes. He’d stop you in the street and ask if he could fuck yours. Interesting character.

safreek

Hang on. You acknowledged it may well be stolen.
And no, there hasn’t been heaps of good bikes selling cheap. Only shitters. Everything else is way overpriced.
If you’re hard up for cash, you don’t offer a Santa Cruz for $600 IMHO. Just sayin.
Saw a similar one sell in toowoomba for 1000. I thought people knew what a bit of a laugh was, if it was stolen it would hardly be all over facebook without getting noticed would it.
The way I read ozzybmx is he has friends that sell all their second hand gear for dirt cheap, absolute bargains. Moorey, you may be old and cranky but it does not mean there is no goodness in the word. Stop looking for reasons to be down in the world. It's a really nice place when you don't regard everything with suspicion.

moorey

call me Mia
Saw a similar one sell in toowoomba for 1000. I thought people knew what a bit of a laugh was, if it was stolen it would hardly be all over facebook without getting noticed would it.
The way I read ozzybmx is he has friends that sell all their second hand gear for dirt cheap, absolute bargains. Moorey, you may be old and cranky but it does not mean there is no goodness in the word. Stop looking for reasons to be down in the world. It's a really nice place when you don't regard everything with suspicion.
Lol. No goodness in the world? I give away tons of stuff and others give me tons of stuff. This is an entirely different scenario IMHO.
For clarity....I never said it was definitely stolen or that you definitely thought it was stolen. I just observe duck walks and quacks.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have an associate rider who has stripped numerous brand new bikes of components he does not 'like' and sell it for seriously 30% of the new price.... its like WTF, a 2020 Fox Step-cast 100mm performance fork for $150 :oops: Its sold in 3 minutes.

He recently (but been doing the same for years) sold the brakes, cranks, derailleur, cassette and shifter for $200... its a scramble to be the first on it.

moorey

call me Mia
I have an associate rider who has stripped numerous brand new bikes of components he does not 'like' and sell it for seriously 30% of the new price.... its like WTF, a 2020 Fox Step-cast 100mm performance fork for $150 :oops: Its sold in 3 minutes.

He recently (but been doing the same for years) sold the brakes, cranks, derailleur, cassette and shifter for $200... its a scramble to be the first on it.
There’s exceptions to every rule ;)

safreek

Lol. No goodness in the world? I give away tons of stuff and others give me tons of stuff. This is an entirely different scenario IMHO.
For clarity....I never said it was definitely stolen or that you definitely thought it was stolen. I just observe duck walks and quacks.
Not talking about physical possessions to give away. What I am talking about is not looking for a reason to be suspicious of people, maybe give people the benefit of the Doubt.
Giving shit away that you don't need is all good, there are a few people on rotorburn that I have given parts to, I just don't trumpet it to the world.
No different to giving a homeless person a feed then filming it so it can be uploaded on various sites.
The goodness that I talk about is helping for no other reason than to help, possibly people that you don't known.

Yes, bit off track but one should live a life of goodness all the time, not when it suits ourselves.
End of any discussion from me if you can't understand that some people fall on hard times and need to sell stuff urgently,. Shows how far apart we are with privilege.

moorey

call me Mia
Not talking about physical possessions to give away. What I am talking about is not looking for a reason to be suspicious of people, maybe give people the benefit of the Doubt.
Giving shit away that you don't need is all good, there are a few people on rotorburn that I have given parts to, I just don't trumpet it to the world.
No different to giving a homeless person a feed then filming it so it can be uploaded on various sites.
The goodness that I talk about is helping for no other reason than to help, possibly people that you don't known.

Yes, bit off track but one should live a life of goodness all the time, not when it suits ourselves.
End of any discussion from me if you can't understand that some people fall on hard times and need to sell stuff urgently,. Shows how far apart we are with privilege.
There is so much irony in here, China wants to start a trade war.

safreek

This is the sort of thing that I am talking about. Would be foreign to a lot of people today though. Free toys for kids, no thanks necessary