Bargain buys thread

Petero

Likes Dirt
Bike Bug have free delivery with no minimum order amount (unless you live in a regional area!)
Hmm do I get the Birzman or the Parktool cable cutters for twice the price.. Given they'll be used fairly irregularly..

moorey

call me Mia
Hmm do I get the Birzman or the Parktool cable cutters for twice the price.. Given they'll be used fairly irregularly..
Do you ride a banshee or a yeti?

PJO

in me vL comy
Counterpoint- My Park Tool cutters are now over 13 years old (older than the small boy) and still sharp with no issues.
Additional counterpoint - my cheap as shit Lifeline cutters that came in a multiple toolset from wiggle are 10 years old and still sharp with no issues.
The Park Tool ones are the shiz and look sick and I'm sure they function well, but could be overkill for the irregular use intended...

ausdb

Being who he is
If you're considering the Birzman cutters, these are pretty similar but it looks like they've gone up in price significantly since I bought a pair (I paid less than $15 a few years back)
Saying that I bought a pair of the park cutters later and much prefer them. The extra parts for re rounding the housing and crimping cable ends are handy to have in the one tool without having to go grab another set of pliers.

teK--

Eats Squid
Additional counterpoint - my cheap as shit Lifeline cutters that came in a multiple toolset from wiggle are 10 years old and still sharp with no issues.
The Park Tool ones are the shiz and look sick and I'm sure they function well, but could be overkill for the irregular use intended...
+1 for the Lifeline ones... 8 years still going strong

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
The extra parts for re rounding the housing and crimping cable ends are handy to have in the one tool without having to go grab another set of pliers.
I want at least one Park Tool object in my collection. Preferably a work stand but we can't have everything!