Bargain buys thread

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Fuck fuck fuck! I still haven't decided about my breast implants. Do I go silicon or do it the European way and eat a lot of Paris brest?
Hic....get on the full strength lagers big time and do it the old school way.
Before you know it your nipples will be getting adventurous and poking out of the arm holes of any blue singlet found in your wardrobe.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
With the absolute mayhem playing out in the silicon fab industry, prices are set to skyrocket while supply gets worse. If you’re sitting on the fence about any purchases, jump now.

USA just announced the latest restrictions in their trade war with China, but this isn’t directly trade related, this is around defence capabilities. All USA citizens involved in silicon fabbing in China loses their citizenship if they continued in any way to participate with Chinese based or Chinese aligned silicon fabs from midnight Sunday night just passed. Of course this was announced with no warning. USA is determined to cut Chinese silicon fabbing off at the knees.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
As a side note, the USA’s export restriction controls are far reaching. Their administration of the controls, and how they communicate the practicalities to their citizens are impressive.

Australia’s messaging to citizens and businesses? Fucking useless. Commonwealth webpage dumps you into 500 pages of legislation.

Minlak

custom titis
I don't disagree with the over reliance thing that people trot out - But in isolation it makes it look like we had a choice - Product "A" from local manufacturing will be $100 Product "B" from Overseas will be $50 - People voted with their money and this what we get when everyone is not happy with each other or using goods as bargaining tools.

The cost now to re-tool up to supply any of this stuff locally is too prohibitive to even consider - with out GOVT implementation. No private sector will do it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Product "A" from local manufacturing will be $100 Product "B" from Overseas will be $50 - People voted with their money and this what we get when everyone is not happy with each other or using goods as bargaining tools.
The Defence Force tender for non combat safety boots came down to a few cents per pair back in 2014.

Rossi claiming an unfair process as their boots were made 100% in Aus by Aussie tax paying workers.

ADF opted for Indonesian made Blue Steel boots then admitted a stuff up in the process as all things were not taken into consideration, Aussie jobs, Aussie tax paid etc...

Hard to compete when a few cents tip the scales without looking at the big picture and long term benefits.

Minlak

custom titis
The Defence Force tender for non combat safety boots came down to a few cents per pair back in 2014.

Rossi claiming an unfair process as their boots were made 100% in Aus by Aussie tax paying workers.

ADF opted for Indonesian made Blue Steel boots then admitted a stuff up in the process as all things were not taken into consideration, Aussie jobs, Aussie tax paid etc...

Hard to compete when a few cents tip the scales without looking at the big picture and long term benefits.
Exactly this people voted with their wallets and companies disappeared and moved off shore and went bust and now here we are again - and in 10 years we will be lamenting the same issues as our little brains will something else shiny to worry about in 3 .... 2 ..... 1 ....

Scotty675

Cable thief
These are great value with the $50 off code. I’m finding it hard not to grab a set for the bronson and drop them to 160.